• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameVideos.Com

Methodis

Banned
Man...that site is just..."Wow". I just love it. I love the original content on the site the most, as it's funny and original. Anyways, to make this an actual thread, does anyone know of some sites like GameVideos that have some good original content and isn't really just video reviews and trailers? I love videos that use games for movies and such, and enjoy some of ScrewAttacks stuff (Besides GameJew...) and a good machinama site...that'd be tight.

Methodis

Banned
Naw YouTube is good if you know what you're looking for. If I typed in "Game videos" i'd get a damn video of The Game.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Watching videos on Gamevideos never works for me. I don't know why. Feels like I've tried just about everything. Good thing you can download the movies though.

Oh, and Gametrailers.com definitely got some original content as well. I think it's just a matter of time until gametrailers start charging people money. They're getting "too" popular, and having tons of videos for people to download must mean a lot of bandwidth required. :p

Methodis

Banned
I haven't visited GameTrailers in a long time because of my crappy DSL. The site just seems too uh...fast internet required for me. GameVideos though, I love the streaming player. My only gripe is that you can't full screen the videos which sucks.

Rlan

I love Gamevideos, but they're gonna have to step up if they want to compete with Gametrailers and its rediculous amount of HD content and Video Reviews. And fix up the RSS feed - all the times are the same when stuff gets released [12AM] :D

Even with the messy site design, I prefer their streaming tech to what Youtube has, works better for a slower connection like me. They need more resources in the office, I think. They've got to share whatever they've got from other sites/mags ie TVs. I hope they take over the OPM offices and get cranking! :lol

nubbe

The site is too dark and mellow.
The video playback windows is too small, dose not adapt to 16:9 media and you don't know how well the streaming connection is... and the videos tend to stream poorly.

and the recently added stuff have no preview...

But they do put up a good amount of stuff there which is good.

Firestorm

GameVideos is too slow for me. I can't even tell how much of the stream has loaded so far =/ GameTrailers is pretty awesome though. Love it for media. I can't believe IGN and GS charge for the HD videos that GT has for free.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
gamevideos.com has such a shitty site. horrendous layout. and the videos bug out on me sometimes :\

But I suppose the content is good.

Burger

Kiriku said:
Watching videos on Gamevideos never works for me. I don't know why. Feels like I've tried just about everything. Good thing you can download the movies though.

It didn't work for me until I upgraded my flash player to version 45 or something, close my browser, reset my computer, and said 'beetlejuice' 3 times.

(I think the flash player upgrade is the main thing).

Top Bottom