• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming peaked during 6th gen, change my mind

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
A hard agree on the GameCube. That system was a steaming pile of dog shit! The only noteworthy games on the GC were Metroid Prime, F Zero GX and RE remake

Re4, Wind Waker, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness, Starfox Adventures, Twilight Princess, Smash Melee...

The third party multiports were also very good and in most cases were closer to the quality of the original Xbox than the PS2.

The Cube was anything other than a "steaming pile of shit." What a stupid thing to say :pie_diana:

Last edited:

Shenmuefan2000

Neo Member
Re4, Wind Waker, Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness, Starfox Adventures, Twilight Princess, Smash Melee...

The third party multiports were also very good and in most cases were closer to the quality of the original Xbox than the PS2.

The Cube was anything other than a "steaming pile of shit." What a stupid thing to say :pie_diana:
Yes what a very stupid thing to say and man said "Star Fox adventures" 😂

They are not even close in terms of quality in comparison to what the PS2.

Don't talk to me

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yes what a very stupid thing to say and man said "Star Fox adventures" 😂

They are not even close in terms of quality in comparison to what the PS2.

Don't talk to me

Third party ports were absolutely. Example, the PS2 versions of Killer7 and re4 and Viewtiful Joe were miles better on the Cube than on the PS2. Even rando Ubisoft stuff like Sands of Time and Beyond Good & Evil were higher quality on the lunchbox.

And Starfox Adventures was the last good Rare game before they were scooped up by MS so yeah, its seen as a pretty key entry in the library.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Tears of the Kingdom came out this year so, nah.

There definitely were some bangers in that time frame but some real fucking annoying QoL issues and such. Metroid Prime, for example…I really enjoyed going back to it in the remaster but fuck if it doesn’t have some glaring flaws and you realize oh yeah 20 years have gone by and this isn’t a thing any more

Top Bottom