• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Ringtones

Starfire

I have an e815 and a memory card, and if you just stick your songs on the card, add them to a playlist, and copy all the songs+the playlist file last, you can copy over mp3s of any bitrate/length/etc..

My current rotation is:the 24 main theme (condensed with audacity down to the snippet that plays in the credits)
Dream of the Shore near Another World (which I might change since its a little quiet)
FFVII Fanfare
Luca's theme
Ultimate Seymour (the Black Mages version).

Everyone I know already knows me as the gamer/techy/artist anyway, and it doesn't matter to me what random people down the street think. Most of my peers know what FF/CT are as well, so not much explanation neccessary really.

Cherubae

I use the Super Mario World theme as my tone. I'm using the mp3 version from the Famitsu Mario 20th Anniversary cd that was posted on GAF about 2 years ago.

My text message tone is the sick chicken noise I ripped from my Harvest Moon: Back To Nature game cd.

I have convinced my guy to set his phone to the battle theme from FF7. It's been that way for years.

I don't really see/hear anyone else when I'm out in about that have video game based ring tones. I'm probably not around the right types of environments I guess.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I can't go out with a gameworld ringtone.

it's already bad enough my phone is messed up and i can't get to the screen to change it from Chaka Khan's Aint Nobody.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
The only gamey sound I'm using at the moment is the tribal Shy Guy sound from Yoshi's Island when I get a message. It's pretty unobtrusive.

I was using Dave Wise's Wizards and Warriors theme for the ring tone for a while (best NES tune ever, for the record), but I've got They Might Be Giants' Spine right now. Oh, and the alarm is the Zia's Village theme from Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Sallokin

I have a Samsung SCH-U620. Anyone else able to get MP3's on it for ringtones? You can't even load them onto the memory card. It doesn't let you copy them over as tones. It just goes into a separate directory on you phone.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Metroid new item tune is my SMS ringtone
The Southern Island - Replay track from WaveRace Blue Storm, SFII Ryu's theme and KoF 98 Arashi No Saxophone are my alarm songs.

clav

keyrat said:
Ringtone: PS3 Startup Sound

People won't recognize it as the PS3 Startup Sound. You know what it really is, right?

Mine: SMB Theme.mid
SMS: Windows 95 Startup.wav

saunderez

I've got the "Achievement Unlocked" sound as my message tone atm. Need a new ringtone though, at the moment its the theme from The Venture Bros.

Meier

M3wThr33 said:
Case in point: The Kimmunicator. When my phone goes off, no one usually bats an eye. Normal beep sound to them. Every so often, someone's head will turn and they'll go "Is that from Kim Possible?"

Yeah.......

keyrat

HaloFans said:
People won't recognize it as the PS3 Startup Sound. You know what it really is, right?

Now that you say it, I guess it's that thing orchestras do before playing. I forget the name. Kinda like the warmup.

lexi

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Seriously. The few girls that have recognized it go batshit happy. Like it's the most adorable thing they've heard all day.

Thus surely increasing your chances to sleep with them.

ChryZ

My ringtone used to be the main theme from Metroid Prime, Windwaker, Wizball and nowadays it's all Okami (ring, text, etc).

Wizball confused "them" the most :lol

Shins said:
I used to use the FF victory jingle for incoming calls (its since been displaced by "Too Hot To Stop"; <3 Superbad). My new Samsung doesn't allow for custom SMS, or I'd still be using the coin grab from Mario.

Do want.

Cdammen

Sorry for the bump but I didn't want to make an entirely new thread. Anyway...

Does anyone have a copy of Okusenman by Gomu? His website is down and I can't find the MP3 anywhere :(

I wanna use it as a ringtone.

Torgo

Right now my default ringer is the first boss battle from Lords of Thunder.

For a text message, the Galaga Theme

Then I have personalized ringers from:

Starfox Main Theme
1st Boss Battle in Viewpoint (Neo Geo)
Galaxian Theme (for when my Parents call)
Rotterdam Nation from the 1st Ridge Racer

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I got the Final Fantasy 7 Victory Sound as my text-ringtone, the codec-call from MGS for incoming calls. It's mostly on vibrate though.

Calcaneus

I don't use ringtones at all. But if I did, it would have something to do with Street Fighter 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog. Actually my ringtone would be the Chemical Plant from Sonic 2 theme.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My ringtone is a full mp3 version of The Best is Yet To Come from Metal Gear Solid.

Top Bottom