• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming t-shirts that don't suck ass. Where can they be obtained?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Go to a thrift store like the Salvation Army or Goodwill. You'll find a few vintage gaming shirts if you hunt long enough.

Dyne

Yeah, thrift stores are good. My cousin got a Midway shirt, a DK64 shirt, and.. Oh, those are crappy I guess.

I got my Nintendo logo shirt from EB. It's pretty decent.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I've seen hate for them here before, but those Nintendo shirts you can get at hot topic are pretty cool. :p

Sho Nuff

Banned
tshirt1.jpg

tshirt2.jpg

tshirt3.jpg

haha im a nerd

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
You can get 'em at Goodwills across Northern California because that's where I donate 'em.

Keio

For a Finer World
I've bought a few shirts from Joystick Junkies. Also Hottopic had a nice 1up shirt and a beanie hat :)

I got a few at Kohl's. I liked them.

One had the old NES Zelda artwork on a green shirt. Not the little sprite, but the neat hand drawn images you'd see in the manuals.

I also liked the one with Mario running with a mushroom. It was straight out of the old artwork Nintendo used to use around Super Mario Bros. 2

Target has a cool one with Mario and Luigi being chased by a bomb-omb too.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Games PR offices are a goldmine. Most are terrible, but some, usually Sega and some Nintendo Europe examples, are great. NOE employs this trendy PR agency that has access to all kinds of London design houses that can often come up trumps.

They also did the super-awesome Kimchi limited edition leather GBA SP holders. I got number 015! *beams*

But if you really want to get hold of something, almost every AAA game gets T-shirts printed. It's just a question of asking, Lik-Sang also carries some cool stuff, as does UK outfit Joystick Junkies.

Hope that helps.

Rei_Toei said:
Insert Credit had a link a time ago of very cool Ikaruga t-shirts. Can't find it anymore though.

I think the guy who was going to do them (he's from England) just changed this mind or something. A shame really cuz I really wanted one myself.

The best stuff I've seen are available only in Japan. For the longest time, I tried my best to get a Rez related shirt, but to no avail...

Scott Evans, one of the more notorious arcade collectors - he's the guy who owns 3 Marble Madness 2 machines and won't release the roms - bought out a ton of old Atari Games artwork and memorabilia last year. Included in the haul were many original "films" used to print promotional Atari T-Shirts in the early 80s. Using them, he basically made modern 'repros' of the classic shirts in the exact original designs, and the results are fantastic.

He only made a handful of each shirt and has many, many more films that could be used to produce others if there's a demand for them, but he has stopped for now due to weak sales of the originals. So if you're into classic games and would love to see more of these, buy em up!

So far the available designs are Dig Dug, Centipede, Missile Command, I Robot, Tempest, Defender, Night Driver, original Atari logo, and 720 (which is currently sold out). He has mentioned having Robotron 2084, Gauntlet, more 720s, and several other designs ready to print if or when the current designs sell.

In case anyone has concerns about the quality, I can tell you that I own all of the currently available shirts and that they all kick much ass.

Check them out here: http://www.safestuff.com/atarishirts.htm

BuG

FortNinety said:
I think the guy who was going to do them (he's from England) just changed this mind or something. A shame really cuz I really wanted one myself.

The best stuff I've seen are available only in Japan. For the longest time, I tried my best to get a Rez related shirt, but to no avail...
The guys at YakYak.org seem to have received the ones they ordered a few months ago. The guy making them may have stopped making them since then, though.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
$60 for three bloody shirts... Are there any cheaper places online for Nintendo themed shirts?

akascream

Banned
I'd love some Nintendo t-shirts. Even just a comfy shirt with thier logo (the one with the circle around thier name) would be dandy. Anyone know where Miyamoto buys his Ninty-wear? :p

Hero

I got a red shirt with the Nintendo logo (the racetrack around the word Nintendo) at Kohls.com. Also, try your local Kohl's, I saw them there too.

WarPig

Costume Paradise, the Japanese character-goods chain, often does game shirts. www.cospa.com. They have some cool lines of shirts from PSO, Gungrave, FFXI, Key of Avalon, other stuff. You can only buy 'em in Japan, of course.

Game shirts I have...lessee. I have a Cospa Shin MegaTen shirt that I bought at TGS a while ago. A pretty bitchin' Kingdom Hearts shirt with a halftone Sora across the front. Used to have this real goofy Bouncer sweatshirt.

The best is probably a Panzer Dragoon Orta shirt that Takayuki Kawagoe gave me. Limited-edition promo they made, I guess. Big tribal dragon thing across the back. I'd have gotten it tattooed on myself if I had enough unscarred space to fit it.

DFS.

eXxy said:
i wish the atari shirts were smaller. i'd like a dig dug one myself

Even smaller than Large? Did you scroll down and see those?

I'm still waiting on Large 720 shirts myself. It's my favorite game of the bunch. He told me he would make them several months ago, but has posted more recently to rec.games.video.arcade.collecting and doesn't seem like he's gonna go through with it unless more people buy the other shirts. Apparently it took him 6 months just to sell 5 of the 720 shirts in XL.

Kinda sucks that we might not get Robotron and Gauntlet shirts because nobody bought the ones he made for "Night Driver," but at least we got the ones that he did make. Apparently he has the films for almost every Atari Games game from the 80s, but doesn't want to do runs of most of them because he doesn't think they'll sell. So he picks Night Driver over Marble Madness, Toobin', Crystal Castles, Stun Runner, Xybots, Cyberball... Man! :(

Here are some cool t-shirts :)

Famicom 20th Anniversary (very limited and already sold out :( Each costs $40

Donkey Kong
nintendo5.jpg

Famicom Hardware
nintendo4.jpg

Cassette Line
nintendo3.jpg

Mario
nintendo2.jpg

Random Zelda
nintendo1.jpg

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
fftastuff.jpg

Phantasy Star Online
psotshirt.jpg

mac said:
WTF is Donkey Kong 3?\

That's kinda funny, because I was just thinking "WTF is R.P.D.??," while totally appalled that you don't know what Donkey Kong 3 is. The old skool meets the new skool, I guess.

Of course, I figured out RPD within about 10 seconds. Now it's your turn - go use Google unearth the genius that is Stanley the Exterminator.

I pretty much hate all of those King of Games tees. They're way too 'busy.'

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
TGS is a great place for Tshirts.

I have :

Racoon city police training tshirt
Umbrella sweat shirt
Mr Driller block tshirt
Super Monkey Ball "Yes! I like Banana" shirt
Arthur Makaimura tshirt
Red Devil Makaimura shirt
Stick man streetfighter shirt

The Mr Driller shirt is awesome

suaveric

Hero said:
I got a red shirt with the Nintendo logo (the racetrack around the word Nintendo) at Kohls.com. Also, try your local Kohl's, I saw them there too.

Where on kohls.com? I can't seem to find it

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I liked the shirt that came with 4 swords...

just simple gray with a small picture of link in the corner and says "Hero" under him or something.

At a recent small press expo, I saw this kid who had a shirt that was amry green and just had three golden triangles stacked; the Triforce obviously. And that was it. I asked him where he got it and the kids said his brother made it. I told him that was the best game related shirt I had ever seen, and he (and his friends) seemed pretty pleased.

bobbyconover said:
Scott Evans, one of the more notorious arcade collectors - he's the guy who owns 3 Marble Madness 2 machines and won't release the roms - bought out a ton of old Atari Games artwork and memorabilia last year. Included in the haul were many original "films" used to print promotional Atari T-Shirts in the early 80s. Using them, he basically made modern 'repros' of the classic shirts in the exact original designs, and the results are fantastic.

He only made a handful of each shirt and has many, many more films that could be used to produce others if there's a demand for them, but he has stopped for now due to weak sales of the originals. So if you're into classic games and would love to see more of these, buy em up!

So far the available designs are Dig Dug, Centipede, Missile Command, I Robot, Tempest, Defender, Night Driver, original Atari logo, and 720 (which is currently sold out). He has mentioned having Robotron 2084, Gauntlet, more 720s, and several other designs ready to print if or when the current designs sell.

In case anyone has concerns about the quality, I can tell you that I own all of the currently available shirts and that they all kick much ass.

Check them out here: http://www.safestuff.com/atarishirts.htm

tempestfinal1.jpg

7202small.jpg

ddshirtsmall.jpg

atari72small.jpg

centishirtsmall.jpg

I emailed Scott to see how his shirt sales are doing... Here's part of his reply:

Robotron will be done in about a week, Gauntlet is done now. I also
have 720 shirts, Qbert, Frogger and Ms. Pac.

SWEEET! By the way, I'll second what bobby said about the shirts being great quality...

Ristamar

Zelda_Tri-Force_t-shirt.jpg

I kinda like this one, maybe because it doesn't immediately scream "videogame t-shirt" until you read the text. Well, that, and I like green shirts.

Top Bottom