• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB/GBC/GBA Collecting Thread

stalker

A few days ago I received four games I bought to someone on a local message board:
- Friends of Mineral Town (USA)
- Mother 3 (JPN)
- Shining Force (EUR)
- Nes Classics: Super Mario Bros (EUR)

Very happy with this purchase, the 4 games are in mint condition. It has been difficult to find the first three complete and for a decent price.

Now I have 58 complete games in my collection, all mint. Plus 20 or 30 cartridges, 2 GBA SP+ and 2 GB Micro.

I have more games for other systems (particularly for the DS), but this is my favourite collection.

K13xva8.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If you are interested in getting clear archival grade plastic boxes to cover the original cardboard...

http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com/store/4569532134

I've purchased hundreds of these for my GB and SNES collections, and they are fantastic. You can always get a sample pack shipped for just a few bucks to test em out.

I can vouch for VGBP as well, fantastic products. Use them for GBA USA/EU (GBC boxes) and GBA JPN (Famicom boxes).

Grief.exe

A few days ago I received four games I bought to someone on a local message board:
- Friends of Mineral Town (USA)
- Mother 3 (JPN)
- Shining Force (EUR)
- Nes Classics: Super Mario Bros (EUR)

Very happy with this purchase, the 4 games are in mint condition. It has been difficult to find the first three complete and for a decent price.

Now I have 58 complete games in my collection, all mint. Plus 20 or 30 cartridges, 2 GBA SP+ and 2 GB Micro.

I have more games for other systems (particularly for the DS), but this is my favourite collection.

K13xva8.jpg

Amazing pick up

I want Friends of Mineral Town so bad right now.

Teknoman

9251064912_bf2131428b_z.jpg

Really like this shot. I've always wondered how people get that depth of field effect in shots though...photoshop?

Oh and something that would be cool for the OP or just handy:

iHIgNjyTQX2O1.png

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
They do not have specific boxes for GBA games. Are the ones for Gameboy/VB suitable for GBA?

As per the post of mine you've quoted, GBC protectors are the same as NA GBA boxes.
US GBColor boxes are identical in size to US GBAdvance boxes.
While Famicom (Japanese NES) protectors are pretty close to GBA JPN cases, so you should order those if you've got a bunch of import games like Mother, RTengoku and whatnot.

Dagon

Got a clear black Japanese Game Boy Color, I know they arent super expensive but I love it, I never really liked the clear purple one we got in America.

Thank God Nintendo was region free back then, so I can play the US version of Link's Awakening.

My first item for my collection, Im hoping to get a lot of stuff

9251069786_4edba3f0fe_z.jpg

What a beautiful handheld. I had a lime green North American Game Boy Color that I loved, but this is just awesome.

I would be all over a transparent 3DS XL like Iwata had in that old Iwata Asks.

What a beautiful handheld. I had a lime green North American Game Boy Color that I loved, but this is just awesome.

I would be all over a transparent 3DS XL like Iwata had in that old Iwata Asks.

It is beautiful, now im hoping to find the clear Gameboy Classic! I remember a friend of mine had one of the play it loud red GB and it came in a huge see through plastic box with a bunch of accessories, I wonder how much they go for.

These ones, they were posted by Teknoman.

iHIgNjyTQX2O1.png

Green and Dark Green make Link's Awakening (non-DX) look really good. I think that green might get the edge though.

now is it Yellow that makes Metroid II look good or the red? I can not remember.

Are these palette swaps available through 3DS e-shop games, or physical only?

Reclaimer

In 1994, this would have been a Game Boy Pocket style revision, not GBA. But I totally agree.

True, I meant more as what Nintendo was thinking of for the next evolution in their design.

I need a new platformer for the GBA... Any suggestions? Something a bit more niche preferred.

Grief.exe

I know this is not the thread for it, but I checked it yesterday and I'm kinda flabbergasted that there's no used copies of Mario 3D Land...

They didn't seem to have a great selection of 3DS games.

I was checking their PS2 library and they had a pretty decent selection as well. Was thinking about Mega Man X Collection since X2 and X3 are so damn expensive on SNES. Decided to go with Vanquish instead for when I eventually get a PS3.

Peagles

Just scored another copy of Warioware Twisted CIB! I paid $26 NZD which is funny because I bought my copy brand new back in the day for $10 NZD!!! To this day I have no idea why that game was on clearance straight away, but it's too good not to own a second copy!

illadelph

man, I have a stack of GBA games I bought like two years ago that I've never played, some of them include WW: Twisted, Minish Cap, Astro Boy, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, probably a bunch of other shit

Grief.exe

man, I have a stack of GBA games I bought like two years ago that I've never played, some of them include WW: Twisted, Minish Cap, Astro Boy, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, probably a bunch of other shit

They are all great games, get to playing.

I think GBA has one of the most underrated libraries.

Grief.exe

I want to get into the Mega Man series on GBA. Z and Battle Network both look awesome.

What is everyone's impressions of the games?

I might be looking at the DS collection for the former. Since that would be significantly cheaper.

I also want to pick up the Fire Emblem games, but those are harder to find.

If you have a DS, you can get all 4 Mega Man Zero games in the MMZ Collection for like, $15. I thought they were good games. Never played the Battle Network ones.

Isn't that Japan-only? (Not that it matters in a Mega Man game)

Nope, it came out in the US.

I would recommend getting GBA carts of Zero 3 and 4 at the very least, especially if anyone plans on playing the ZX games on DS; You can fight bosses from the two games in ZX if you have the corresponding GBA cart in your DS.

D-e-f-

Banned
Nope, it came out in the US.

I would recommend getting GBA carts of Zero 3 and 4 at the very least, especially if anyone plans on playing the ZX games on DS; You can fight bosses from the two games in ZX if you have the corresponding GBA cart in your DS.

Oh wow that is cool. I own ZX ...

argh ...need. to. stop. buying. more. games.

lol

Top Bottom