• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox co-founder seemingly hints about Borderlands 4

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Every character using they/them pronouns so you can't tell how a fucking ability works in the tutorial.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Every character using they/them pronouns so you can't tell how a fucking ability works in the tutorial.

This was Dead Island 2's biggest issue. Everyone referred to you as they/them so all throughout the shit story Id be like "Who the fuck are you talking about? Oh...me." 😑

RaptorGTA

Loved 1 and 2 but skipped 3. Honestly I think if your gonna do a 4th, just go back to how 1 was. Not so focused on story, crazy missions and lots of guns

SHA

What you mean unreal engine 4 caused shit for them? Id agree with you if it was unreal engine 3 i mean borderlands is the only decent fps game that i can think of that manages to do but unreal engine 4 is 10x better for fps, if blizzard can spice up diablo from 3 to 4 then why cant gearbox do the same? Honestly the company is a shadow of what it once was man they suck ass
8th gen cpu sucked many fps games, fps is demanding, Cerny was lying about meeting every game makers demand, the fps was held back by ps4 and xbox one, look at Crowbcat videos, he made 8th games looks a complete joke compared to 7th gen.

Quantum253

The best Borderlands is still BL1.

Give me BL3 gameplay with BL1 atmosphere with good non-cringe humor spaced out and decent character designs that aren't ugly and I'm all in for BL4.
💯 agree. Borderlands 2 is close, but the story, atmosphere, characters from BL1 were/are amazing. It was refreshing with not that many looter/shooters at the time. Always waiting for that next crazy gun and hoping some crazy fight, or powerful weapon, was going to come from the vault kept me engaged for awhile.
I'd love a remaster of the first

Futaleufu

So you want legendary weapons that aren’t rare at all…sometimes less rare than rare? Please make that make sense.

Yes, I want legendary weapons that have a real drop chance, or a chance to buy it from a machine. I'm glad money is useful again in BL3, in BL2 it was so useless most of it was spent on slot machines.

Remember those Torque coins? You had to farm the western style saloon at least 25 times before having the required cash to buy something.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

after 3 i struggle to care.

the gunplay improved but they just lost what made the game fun.

bosses were terrible, the levels were terrible, they fucked up what little good characters they and made one of the truly worst endings in all of gaming history.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Yes, I want legendary weapons that have a real drop chance, or a chance to buy it from a machine. I'm glad money is useful again in BL3, in BL2 it was so useless most of it was spent on slot machines.

Remember those Torque coins? You had to farm the western style saloon at least 25 times before having the required cash to buy something.
I’d be okay with this if they made a higher tier than Legendary, maybe like a super low drop rate “mythical” or something. But I personally think if legendary weapons become too common then it defeats the purpose of working to try to find them.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I’d be okay with this if they made a higher tier than Legendary, maybe like a super low drop rate “mythical” or something. But I personally think if legendary weapons become too common then it defeats the purpose of working to try to find them.
Yeah it's a problem if a blue or purple weapon ends up being better then orange weapons. To the point that Legendaries are not Legendaries anymore. Especially if they drop so often.

Drop rates should be low and their effects should be super amazing and should be acquired in endgame content. Not seemingly everywhere like they are in BL3.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Yeah it's a problem if a blue or purple weapon ends up being better then orange weapons. To the point that Legendaries are not Legendaries anymore. Especially if they drop so often.

Drop rates should be low and their effects should be super amazing and should be acquired in endgame content. Not seemingly everywhere like they are in BL3.
Exactly…if anything, they need to use BL2 drop rates and actually balance the weapons properly. I used a blue for almost my first full run in Bl3 even though I had 9 oranges at a higher level stashed. That was my biggest gripe. Just change the damn color of the weaker legendaries so they aren’t actually legendary lol

Top Bottom