• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox Layoffs some of its Staff Hours After Being Sold By Embracer to Take-Two Interactive.

Draugoth

Gold Member
gearbox-entertainment-logo.jpg

via Insider Gaming

According to multiple posts on social media, a number of people are no longer working for Gearbox after it was announced that the company is being purchased by Take-Two Interactive. “Along with countless others, I’ve just been informed I’ve been laid off at Gearbox,” former PR manager Jennifer Locke posted on Twitter. “It really was a dream come true working on this team, and I’m incredibly grateful for my time here.”

MiguelItUp

This kind of shit always sucks to see. To think that some people were like, "Yay!" at the transition, only to lose their jobs shortly after.

jakinov

Embracer is a holdings company vs Take Two who is a vertically integrated publisher + collection of game studio. It's very likely that research and public relations is centrealized at a specific team at Take Two. Whereas Embracer, becasue they are a holdings company. they bascially just own things and each owned company is supposed to do their own thing.

These layoffs were decided likely weeks ago. They just couldn’t announce them until after the sale was disclosed. Probably part of a cost-savings initiative to make the company look better on the balance sheet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom