• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 Is the First Game to Dethrone Fortnite As the Most-Played Game on Xbox Live in Over a Year

gatti-man

I want to just chime in. I am playing gears 5 on gamepass and I imagine that my activity is counted in on this. I did not buy Gears 5
You and everyone else. Who would buy a game when you can get it for $1-$2? I don’t see how this is a smart move for MS long term but I don’t have access to all the metrics either.

How long are you going to peddle this line for, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years?

Sure, it may have tempted a lot of people to give it a try but I don't hear many people saying that they will stop their sub once they have to start paying the normal price. It's a tried and tested marketing tactic to offer freebies or reduced prices when something new first opens it's gates. If it's good and offers value for money then a large number of those initial customers will stick around. It's undeniable that Gamepass offers amazing value even at full price so it's fairly obvious that the number of subscribers is going to carry on growing for the foreseeable future.
Yeah prepare to be shocked. I doubt MS even makes back the missed revenue from a normal gears launch vs the promo subs and people holding them longer. Game pass has a lot of value but only if you have time to play all those games.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
The series keeps getting worse.

I been playing Gears since the first one ... DAY 1 ... The only reason I got this because of the insane deal on Game Pass. I am not sure if it was the same in USA but in Canada if you were in some Beta OS update ring they upgraded your GOLD to GamePass or something.

I follow these cheap skates on RedFlagDeals and followed what they mentioned to get 1 years for free basically.

pr0cs

The series keeps getting worse
Worse? Because you got it essentially free or?
I'd argue it's getting better, instead of having to pay 80 Canadian I paid 2$ and am enjoying the best gears game in the last 10 years.

I don't give two shits I don't own it, I'll play it for a month or two and decide then if I want to continue playing. My time is worth more than the money I pay for software

Top Bottom