• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 Terminator Crossover Features Linda Hamilton As Sarah Connor.

Ol'Scratch

He made a good point though

Why would anyone buy a game full price knowing they can get it cheaper with gamepass
I would think that would be because you do not own Gamepass games. If you unsub for some reason you can not access the game. If MS decides to pull a game off of gamepass you lose access. It is great for sampling games you may never normally have a chance to try though.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
He made a good point though

Why would anyone buy a game full price knowing they can get it cheaper with gamepass
Nobody should. And it's MS pushing you towards their Gamepass. They want everyone to move into their monthly recurring revenue model. I can almost guarantee that with their new studios they're going to stagger releases throughout the year to convince you to hold on to your sub.

Last edited:

ph33rknot

Banned
you seriously think that there're people who watch a movie on netflix, & then run out the next day & buy a copy of it?...

also, movie pass 'unfortunately went under' for a very simple reason: the business model wasn't profitable...

the only way a rental service can work is if it attracts enough subscribers, & doesn't go too far into the the hole while attempting to do so. i'd say, a little over 2 years in, the jury's still out on gamepass...
I bought crackdown after i had beat it on gamepass I'm not sure ill always have gamepass so i bought it

For the average gamer and even a some hardcore, seeing AAA games like Gears or Halo on gamepass for a paltry fee of something like a $1 to $10 for a month to try out would be too hard to pass up especially compared to $60 for each game. After getting done trying it for a month, I doubt most people will desire to still spend $60 on it. There are rare exceptions though. Honestly though, I think it's Microsoft's strategy to try to get more subscribers.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

It looks good, but I’d love a Terminator campaign. Maybe if they added one like the Raam campaign from Gears 2.

Elginer

Game Pass truly is the gift that keeps my Xbox on. Sure, I will play Man of Medan and Borderlands 3 on my Pro with friends but damn MS is going to keep me busy with Gears and Outer Worlds on the bone.

Last edited:
Game pass degrades the value of the game. Halo and Gears are 1$ worth franchise now. Sony exclusives are premium games at premium price of 60$.

It's good for consumers but value of Xbox games even the good ones has gone to dirt
Looking back at your statement from June do you still feel the same way given the generally positive response so far for Gears 5?

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
That T-800 looks fantastic. Gears has such a great opportunity for guest characters with its well presented third person perspective.

Looking back at your statement from June do you still feel the same way given the generally positive response so far for Gears 5?
Reviews not out yet plus Gears value is degraded. Its a 1$ franchise and Gears 5 will be a commercial failure but trust MS to release MAUs lol

Game pass degrades the value of the game. Halo and Gears are 1$ worth franchise now. Sony exclusives are premium games at premium price of 60$.

It's good for consumers but value of Xbox games even the good ones has gone to dirt

Those are MS toys, it's all in the family...plus service is by non other.......Exactly 👊

Top Bottom