• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War has hi-octane sales in Japan

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
If Square does announce two new games for the 360 at GDC that'll continue to help fuel Japanese sales for sure. Considering how lackluster the Japanese 360 launch was, Microsoft isn't doing that bad in the land of the rising sun. They've got more secure footing now.

Microsoft as a lot of potential to do good things in Japan.

I'd love to see Microsoft secure a Carnage Heart game made specificly for the XB360 and for it to take advantage of LIVE. To have a strategy game with the depth of Carnage Heart and the ability to challenge others online would just be mind blowing. Carnage Heart is the only strategy game I've played that comes close to Starcraft in sheer design brilliance.

DSWii60

Off topic, but seeing as this thread is about gears...whats the difference between the standard version and the limited edition

I can only find the standard in my area.

DCharlie

Banned
Hold on, when did this become the general opinion?

people expected GoW to sell big in Japan?!

perhaps bomba - to - farce is a bit harsh, but i'd have thought 25-30k would be great, and 50k+ would be amazing for this game.

Ceb

DCharlie said:
people expected GoW to sell big in Japan?!

perhaps bomba - to - farce is a bit harsh, but i'd have thought 25-30k would be great, and 50k+ would be amazing for this game.

Well, the two Halos did pretty good, didn't they? I was expecting a final number thereabout (possibly a bit lower due to the rating, possibly higher because it's not a FPS).

jjasper

DSWii60 said:
Off topic, but seeing as this thread is about gears...whats the difference between the standard version and the limited edition

I can only find the standard in my area.

The standard doesn't come with the art book, tin case, or the collectors disk that has interviews and stuff in it.

pswii60

Brimstone said:
If Square does announce two new games for the 360 at GDC that'll continue to help fuel Japanese sales for sure. Considering how lackluster the Japanese 360 launch was, Microsoft isn't doing that bad in the land of the rising sun. They've got more secure footing now.

Microsoft as a lot of potential to do good things in Japan.

I'd love to see Microsoft secure a Carnage Heart game made specificly for the XB360 and for it to take advantage of LIVE. To have a strategy game with the depth of Carnage Heart and the ability to challenge others online would just be mind blowing. Carnage Heart is the only strategy game I've played that comes close to Starcraft in sheer design brilliance.

Where did you hear that Square were going to announce 2 games for 360?

Top Bottom