• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce Now…when did this become so good?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
"Not one noticeable instance of pixelation, disconnects, frame drops"

yeah, and I imagine it has 0mz latency as well!!!

God I hope as more people stumble into and get disappointed by this whole streaming fad, it will die off for good.
GFN can have less lag than consoles.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
The steady march of the cloud’s takeover swells in our ears…
I been saying this haters are just spouting off. I been following this closely and it’s improving very fast. Infadtructure to homes is the last real hurdle. If your in an area with an isp that has decent latency cable/fiber single player games are basically indistinguishable 90% of the time.

If you haven’t tried it in years your perpetuation may just change. Free trials are not recommended as they are just very basic

The fact that COD / Overwatch are in the service and actually playable is wild.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Wow! I had no idea a high end can only be used for gaming. I always thought it was a multi purpose computing device you could for like everything! Things like wordprocessing, browsing the web, watching movies, creating graphics, editing videos, whatever you can think of.
For everything else than gaming you can go around with bottom tier PC for $200, stop using the “it can do everything argument”. Gaming alone adds 95% of the price.

OverHeat

« generous god »
For everything else than gaming you can go around with bottom tier PC for $200, stop using the “it can do everything argument”. Gaming alone adds 95% of the price.
ZLriOmQ.gif

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Digital Audio Workstations? Video editing? 3D modeling? Running multiple VMs?

I personally use my own PC for work, Photoshop, making music, making ebooks, digitizing magazines, plus browsing the web and gaming. I would be very, VERY unhappy with a bottom tier $200 PC. Please don't speak for me.

Buggy Loop

GFN can have less lag than consoles.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Even with added latencies with a good connection, you're probably still lower than even AMD rigs. Natively Nvidia cards have incredible latency. Something you don't see talked much in reviews. Even without reflex as this fornite test.

fortnite-latency-4070-ti-perf.png

A 6700 XT running at 211 fps 1080p still manages to have more latency than the 3070 Ti's 109 fps at 4k. Nearly double FPS for worse latency. Go figure that one out.

Overwatch-2-Traning-FPS-comparison-DX11-Ultra-Reflex_Anti-Lag-on.png

Overwatch-2-Traning-Latency-comparison-DX11-Ultra-Reflex_Anti-Lag-on.png

But unplayable for sure. /s

StereoVsn

GFN is awesome. What’s not awesome is Hotel WiFi or trying to stream GFN using your phone as a hotspot.

Oh, the pain.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Bloody idiots sucking up and feeding the machine god. 100 years and all you idiots will be born with a leash around your neck and let the AI dictate what to eat, how to behave.

Give your money to the snake. Feed it, then let it devour you.
At least I’ll save £4000 on a gaming rig that I’ll have to spend yet again in 5 years if I want the latest bells and whistles.

coolmast3r

At least I’ll save £4000 on a gaming rig that I’ll have to spend yet again in 5 years if I want the latest bells and whistles.
You don't have to spend that kind of money on a new PC because a) a good gaming PC that performs better than PS5 and XSX cost far less than 4000 pounds, and b) no one is forcing you. If you are easily satisfied by a severely compromised gaming experience, good for you though.
The only issue is their library of games.
Lmao, "the only issue".

Sethbacca

Nobody will ever convince me that the latency you have when playing streaming games is good. I'll probably give up on playing anything new when it's the only option on the table unless something magical happens to solve the latency issues between now and then.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Nobody will ever convince me that the latency you have when playing streaming games is good. I'll probably give up on playing anything new when it's the only option on the table unless something magical happens to solve the latency issues between now and then.

As has already been pointed out, GFN latency is actually oftentimes lower than native console latency already. And it's only going to get better.

"Not one noticeable instance of pixelation, disconnects, frame drops"

yeah, and I imagine it has 0mz latency as well!!!

God I hope as more people stumble into and get disappointed by this whole streaming fad, it will die off for good.
8ms playing halo infinite mp if I remember correctly 🤷‍♂️

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Geforce Now Ultimate basically proves if you run a game at a high enough frame rate in the cloud the latency is fine.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Used it for Alan wake 2 launch. Was incredible.

It needs more day one big visual games support on it IMO. The catalog should be all big profile visual games in general. I think RE4R was missing on there.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Used it for Alan wake 2 launch. Was incredible.

It needs more day one big visual games support on it IMO. The catalog should be all big profile visual games in general. I think RE4R was missing on there.

Yep. It's largest drawback now is that there's still a somewhat limited library of games.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yep. It's largest drawback now is that there's still a somewhat limited library of games.
Granted they just added gamepass library into it so that is an armada of games.

It’s just it needs more support from all devs. I’m eager for when games like Resident Evil 9 or the new monster hunter are on there day one.

Topher

Gold Member
I'll have to try it again at some point, but every time i've tried streaming it just doesn't feel good.

Really depends on the game. I played half of Octopath Traveler on xcloud on my phone while on a business trip, no issues. Would I want to play Starfield on xcloud? Oh hell no. For me, cloud is a matter of convenience, not the default way I ever plan on playing games.

Kaleinc

Banned
It's good for stuff with kernel level rootkits, not need to open up a security hole on own pc.

Video quality is understandably not that great but if you're used to compressed yt/twitch shit or half blind then it's ok

iHaunter

GeForce Now is way ahead of Microsoft and Sony game streaming.

I'm expecting Nvidia to dominate game streaming once they fully integrate AI into GeForce Now.
Which I hate because the CEO of nVidia is a douche-nozzle. But GFN is a lot better than XCloud.

MarkMe2525

Bloody idiots sucking up and feeding the machine god. 100 years and all you idiots will be born with a leash around your neck and let the AI dictate what to eat, how to behave.

Give your money to the snake. Feed it, then let it devour you.
playing games at supremely high end system settings on a handheld = idiot

Gamezone

Gold Member
Streaming will not become a valid thing until I can stream my entire Xbox library trough xCloud and my entire Steam library trough GeForce Now or some other alternative. Microsoft and Valve should make streaming mandatory for those who want to release their games on their platforms.

Top Bottom