• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geist delayed till 2005?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Apparently there were some new pics in Nintendo Power that looked improved over the E3 build?

xsarien

daedsiluap
You know, just for reference, how often are retail sites accurate for stuff like this? I ask because of things like EB's dartboard solution to Halo 2's release date last year, and the nigh-infamous Suikoden III for XBox fiasco of yore.

ge-man

I'm sure this is a wrong listing, but it's certainly a title that could use a delay. It doesn't look as polished as I expected it to be this year.

AniHawk

Yeah, bring it out for 2005's Xmas season. The game needs far more development time.

It's a 6-mid 7 game as it stands.

I'm expecting alot of games to get delayed this year. There's just so many big name games coming out at the end of this month. You've got GTA, MGS3, GT4, HALO 2, MP2, Paper Mario 2 ect. I think alot of publishers saw what happened to BG&E which got completely overshadowed despite it's quality. It's better for the smaller name games to get delayed because they have very little chance of getting any attention.

AniHawk

The Main Event said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Geist gets the "Eternal Darkness treatment" and moves up for the launch of the N-Revolution.

And then is delayed to the next spring, and has mediocre sales and N64 graphics.

Sagitario

AniHawk said:
And then is delayed to the next spring, and has mediocre sales and N64 graphics.

I was playing ED yesterday... and IMO, the graphics weren't ugly... I liked them... the fugly things about the game were: 1) the character models, 2) some effects they used (like the blood and some 'magik').

Eric-GCA

Banned
ED's graphics always get a bad rap, when if you look at them, you can see quite a lot of detail, especially in the environments. The Cathedral and the Cambodian Temple are quite stunning.

And not all the character models are bad, there are some great ones like Karim and Evil Pious, but Alex on the other hand shows SK's complete lack of being able to properly model female characters (a trend which continued with Meryl in MGS:TTS)

Bishman

Nintendo should delay Geist till 2005. Too many big games coming this fall and it will just go by unoticed. Feb or March would be a perfect time for the game. Just make a sweet commericial.

20040519l.gif

human5892

Queen of Denmark
That comic sucks.

I'd be happy if Geist was delayed -- I still believe that it has a great deal of promise that just needs to be executed a little better. Plus, nobody would even notice it if it was released this fall/winter. Delay it until Christmas 2005, polish it up, and turn on the hype, and I think it could make a pretty good holiday title.

NWO

human5892 said:
I'd be happy if Geist was delayed -- I still believe that it has a great deal of promise that just needs to be executed a little better. Plus, nobody would even notice it if it was released this fall/winter. Delay it until Christmas 2005, polish it up, and turn on the hype, and I think it could make a pretty good holiday title.

I agree.

I want this game but if it comes out this winter then its not going to be getting much playing time with me so I'd probably pick it up next year anyway. There are so many great titles that are getting released this fall/winter that some of the inbetween titles like this should just get pushed back to 2005 which looks a lot thinner than this year will be.

Top Bottom