• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact adds Switch version | ‘Of the Land Amidst Monoliths’ area trailer

Mista

Banned

miHoYo will release open-world RPG Genshin Impact for Switch in addition to its previously announced PlayStation 4, PC, iOS, and Android versions, the developer announced. While the game was previously planned for a spring 2020 release on its already announced platforms, miHoYo now lists the release date as “to be announced.”

Here is an overview of the game, via miHoYo:
Genshin Impact, as an open-world action RPG title, set in the fantasy world of Teyvat, which offers a freely—explorable world, multiple characters, an in-depth elemental combo—based combat system and an engaging story. A mysterious figure referred to as “The Traveler,” players will embark on a journey of finding their long-lost sibling to piece together their own mystery, while revealing Teyvat’s numerous secrets. Joined by a lively companion called Paimon, players will explore the land filled with varied landscapes, culturally—diverse towns, and treacherous dungeons. By mastering the power of the seven elements with a custom party of up to 4 characters, players will overcome merciless foes and fiendish puzzles.

Genshin Impact previously locked down its availabilities for PlayStation 4, PC, and mobile platforms and now, Nintendo Switch has been added to this title’s chart of releasing platform in the future, releasing regions and schedules will be announced in future updates.

miHoYo also revealed a new area that will appear in Genshin Impact called “Of the Land Amidst Monoliths.” Here is a description of the area:
Head south from Mondstadt and you will arrive in a nation known as Liyue. The most prosperous merchant port in all of Teyvat—Liyue Harbor—sits facing the open ocean. Until this very day, the presence of the adepti can be noticed in the area, adepti which the people of Liyue believe to be lead by the Geo God, Rex Lapis.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

The combat looks awesome. I'm sucker for anything with a bow in it. Love doing archer builds. The exploration seems nice too. But the voices, jesus, super annoying. I hope you can turn that shit off.

Pejo

I decided to try out MiYoHo's current big-ish game - Honkai Impact 3rd - when a PC client dropped for it in December. It's a really smooth, really fun game. The combat is simple, but they limit amount of time you spend in any given battle in an intelligent way that it never becomes dull, and there are enough styles and characters that you can always find something you like. It plays surprisingly well with a controller. I'm fairly sure now that Genshin will be at the very least fun to play and nice to look at, so I'm offically hyped for this game.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like a more polished Falcom game.

i don't understand these "wet" messages that appear on the screen every now and then.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Gee wizz I really wonder what "wet" could refer to in that gameplay footage!

i guess the character is wet, but sometimes it appears even when the character is running on a field. What's the effect on being wet, why do you need to tell me that anyway?

Also I don't love that is literally text (and it's a bad font, doesn't look consistent with the rest of the UI), hopefully it's one of those things that will get fixed by the time the game comes out.

You can make that a visual effect as it is in BOTW and the player will know it, you don't need to write it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom