• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact Developer MiHoYo Might Be the Reason PlayStation 5 Went Out of Stock

miHoYo-genshin-impact-gifts-employees-ps5s-and-rtx-3070s-2.jpg

Damn Chinese Scalpers :p

Sorry if already posted.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So Sony is selling directly to these cunts. I dont see how they get them from any retailers.

Great Hair

Banned
Don't be mad. If it wasn't with them, it'd be with scalpers ;)
But what if the 500 employees are all ..... ;

How the f*** did they manage to get that many PS5, when Sony hasnt launched yet the PS5 officially in China (til march? 2021?).
Animated GIF

Great Hair

Banned
So I was looking this up to see if you separated out Sony's gaming sector from their overall revenue (keeping in mind, revenue means very little, it's net profits and gains that matter). Their fiscal year just ended so we don't have full 2020 figures yet, but going on 2019 they made a total of 77 billion dollars in revenue. They generated 20.84 billion of that from their gaming sector (the biggest sector in the whole company, revenue wise). 12 billion was from PSN subs.
The entire company overall, however, only profited 5.4 billion. So of that 77 billion in revenue, 71.6 billion was operating costs. That's a 7% profit rate.
Nintendo's net income for 2019 was roughly 1.8 billion. With 11 billion in total revenue. That means Nintendo's operating costs is 9.2 billion (that year). That's a 16% net profit rate.

Japan Top Companies List by Market Cap

1º Toyota 370,870 employees
2º Sony 114,400 employees.
Mobile Communications (“MC”)
Game & Network Services (“G&NS”)
Imaging Products & Solutions (“IP&S”)
Home Entertainment & Sound (“HE&S”)
Devices
Semiconductors:
“Semiconductors” includes CMOS image sensors, CCDs, system LSIs, and other semiconductors.
Components:
“Components” includes batteries, audio/video/data recording media, storage media and optical pickups.

Motion Pictures
Television Productions
Media Networks
Recorded Music
Music Publishing
Visual Media and Platform

Financial Services
Following this global offering, SFH remains a consolidated subsidiary of Sony Corporation, which is the majority shareholder of SFH. SFH conducts insurance and banking operations primarily through Sony Life, a Japanese life insurance company, Sony Assurance, a Japanese non-life insurance company, and Sony Bank, a Japanese Internet-based bank, which are all wholly-owned by SFH.
16º Nintendo 5,944 employees.
Handheld Monopoly
Brainwashing little children
Yakuza PlayCard
Recycling Mario&Zelda for another 50 years
has 20x times less people to pay
Re-Re-Releasing Mario Kart Ports and others for newer systems

Genshin Impact bought like $200 worth of gems all by itself when i had it and the customer support told me they dont know how to issue a refund and to take it up with my bank instead

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Looks like bots were used. Unless they specifically made a deal with the manufacturers. That’s an absurd amount of items.

Top Bottom