• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Man they are making major changes to Raiden. They swapped a few of her constellations around, changed her burst energy requirement, buffed multipliers almost across the board. Now they changed her ascension stat from Electro dmg to Energy Recharge. I'm really curious how she turns out on release. At least they're going through proper testing and making sure we don't have a JohnLee 1.0 situation, which I appreciate.

Fake

Man they are making major changes to Raiden. They swapped a few of her constellations around, changed her burst energy requirement, buffed multipliers almost across the board. Now they changed her ascension stat from Electro dmg to Energy Recharge. I'm really curious how she turns out on release. At least they're going through proper testing and making sure we don't have a JohnLee 1.0 situation, which I appreciate.

Getting Zhongli vibes right now.

Fake

This obssession with energy recharge don't make sense at all. Her signature weapon will have energy recharge as well?

I'm not too worried about Baal, because if she underperforms they'll fix her anyway. They can't afford to piss off the Japanese fans. Might take a month or so, but that's no big deal.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm not too worried about Baal, because if she underperforms they'll fix her anyway. They can't afford to piss off the Japanese fans. Might take a month or so, but that's no big deal.
True, true, but I talk strictly DMG output. Look at Geo Lord's performance. He's good, damn good. Whole Geo resonance was redone because of him. Yet. Outside of his ultimate he's hardly worthy of being build even as secondary carry. He is a tank and that's pretty much it regardless of his buffs.
This obssession with energy recharge don't make sense at all. Her signature weapon will have energy recharge as well?
Forgot to add. Current weapon banner also has an ER spear lol. So it's 3 in a row xD

True, true, but I talk strictly DMG output. Look at Geo Lord's performance. He's good, damn good. Whole Geo resonance was redone because of him. Yet. Outside of his ultimate he's hardly worthy of being build even as secondary carry. He is a tank and that's pretty much it regardless of his buffs.
That's the choice MHY seems to have made. They want the archons to be supports, and it doesn't seem like they'll change their mind.

Will Baal be a good DPS? I doubt it, not at C0 anyway. Will she be fun to play? I'm not even sure about that (though she looks better than Zhong in that regard). But she is a safe bet if you want to add a powerful character to your account that will remain relevant.

LOLCats

Banned
I saw that Amazon Prime gaming was giving out some freebies.

I need to install this again.

60x Primogems
8x Hero's Wit
5x Mushroom Pizza
Ah thats cool, i cancelled my prime, but got my dad to get me a code
Just build what you need. Hording will not help you.

I feel for the people telling me that i should keep the crowns and never use them. Now I have 5 and more are getting in.

I use everything I get. There will be always new events with new stuff, Mihoyo wants new players and they need prototypes. Update your weapons to R5 and create new ones.

The next domain will not be released before early next year and you can either stack them or use them and own any NPC you will find.

I already updated Ayaka’s 4star sword to R3, because I want to use her now.
Not really hoarding, i have a stack of decent weapons. Just none of the current craftable stuff excites me over what i already have from wishes, bp.

But i will craft the ATK bow and sword from inazuma, those should be decent.

LOLCats

Banned
Question: the new weapon wish format, your pity count still carries over from banner to banner right? Just not "the path" portion of the rng... yes?

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, what a tease. The past 2 days I've gotten the Inazuma dailies that I need to activate 2 of the quests, but neither one activated after I completed the daily. I'm assuming I picked a wrong dialogue option or something.

Fuz

Banned
Oh hell yea, do you have the quest name or where the bottles are located?

8ffa8a6770b4cd81f72db808134c5b21_7388217489401215984.jpg

Pejo

Assuming she actually is the electro archon.
I thought that it was an easy to see plot reversal that she was not going to be, but they've dug in with it pretty hard already, so I'm not sure how they would retcon it now. Especially if they wait and reveal that she isn't after people pull for her. I'm really curious about how the story is going to go in 2.1 before her banner goes live. To even put her into the realm of a character that would work alongside the traveler at this point in the story seems really hard to connect the dots to.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo have you found all the book pages? I'm 9 9 7 rn, with 58% exploration.
I'm 10/9/7 on books. I also just found out that those boxes in the water that you can pick up count towards %. I'm going to go box hunting after work.

*edit*

More big changes to Baal's kit:
  1. Updated description on Raiden's ult, which states her normals in ult count as ult damage. Key point here is the Resolve stacks have been updated to lasting 300 seconds outside of battle, compared to 30s before.
  2. Raiden's ascension stat got changed from electro dmg to ER. The purpose of this change is pretty obvious from MHY. Kokomi's E applies weak hydro. 2s per tick. AOE range similar to Albedo E.
  3. Resolve stacks add multiplier to her normals in ult, applying to each hit. Both 4th hit and charge attack's 2-part hit count. Works similar to Zhongli auto's HP bonus. Also, Kokomi's E gives one particle on cast. Tick damage only has a chance to give one particle.
  4. Raiden in ult attacks very fast. Only takes 2.6s for an entire normal attack combo. End lag on fifth hit is very short. Can quickly start the next normal rotation. E does not generate particle on cast. Every hit afterwards has ~50% chance to generate particle. Similar to Albedo E.
  5. Raiden in ult's charge attack is pretty slow. N1C is around 1.43s. Without attack speed buffs, getting 5 N1C during ult is difficult.
  6. What is probably the most important point imo. Raiden's E can trigger on shielded enemies, and can generate particles. If you've played Albedo before, you would know his E can't trigger at all against shields. Raiden can. It can also

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Man, english voice actors sound HORRIBLE to me.
Yoimiya is an example of great visual design with NOTHING else good about her. What a waste.

*edit*

Good example of what Baal's gameplay loop is going to look like. I really like that Resolve ring that appears while you're building Resolve. Her elemental skill seems even better than Fischl's for applying electro. Not as fast, but lasts a long ass time and is completely unaffected by range. She's gonna fit into my Chelde team so well.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
Yoimiya is an example of great visual design with NOTHING else good about her. What a waste.

*edit*

Good example of what Baal's gameplay loop is going to look like. I really like that Resolve ring that appears while you're building Resolve. Her elemental skill seems even better than Fischl's for applying electro. Not as fast, but lasts a long ass time and is completely unaffected by range. She's gonna fit into my Chelde team so well.

There's a joke somewhere in this video. Something about 2 electro 5☆ and 3 ultimates later lvl 1 enemies are still not dead... ;D

Pejo

There's a joke somewhere in this video. Something about 2 electro 5☆ and 3 ultimates later lvl 1 enemies are still not dead... ;D
Electro charged actually does really decent damage now with the elemental reactions buff we got in 1.7. Considering it has no internal cooldown, it really builds up fast. You won't see any 400k melts or anything with it, but I liken it to a good DoT now.

I just realized that Baal gets a plunge attack with her sword form. They better go back and give melee Chelde his plunge. It's one move MHY, c'mooon.

Fake

Was Electro gonna take revamp? I remember leaks mention instead of jump damage between targets would reduce enemy Electro res?

And yes, after elemental buff Lisa basics attack become better overall for elemental reaction purposes.

Fuz

Banned
TBH...
while playing her in her story, I notice a detail I didn't before: the ends of the knot on her back challenge gravity laws (or maybe they have an iron string inside?) and go upwards, like erect penises. This little thing kind of ruins her design for me.

Pejo

TBH...
while playing her in her story, I notice a detail I didn't before: the ends of the knot on her back challenge gravity laws (or maybe they have an iron string inside?) and go upwards, like erect penises. This little thing kind of ruins her design for me.
I meant her overall aesthetic and appeal, not necessarily any particular part of her design. If I had my way, she'd have a fundoshi on under her kimono, but I'm not MHY.

So I've been at it for like 2 days solid now, and I'm throwing in the white flag. It's not worth trying to get these last few % early just to get the tengu fan that I'll get next monday for basically logging in. I found a quest I didn't finish (the samurai guy on top of the pirate ship), but it gave me not a single %. It's funny, I zoomed my map out and I have 100% on all 3 Inazuma islands currently available, but according to the rep dude, I only have 55% still. I don't get MHY math.

Also, I FINALLY have every character that I own (that I want to play as) max ascended and leveled to at least 81. It took me for-fuckin'-ever, but I'm done. Now I need to decide if I want to throw my resin at leylines to get them to 90 (not that important, IMO), level their weapons to 90 (also not that important), level talents (important, probably what I'll do next), or finally do artifact domains (probably will wait until talents are done). God damn what a ride it's been. I'm going to kinda miss doing bosses. Even the shitty mostly invulnerable ones were a nice change of pace from the rest of the game. Now it's just domains and leylines for me for like the next 1000 years.

If I do talents next, I'll likely get all of my characters up to the point where they start using weekly boss materials and then only level the important ones past that.

Fake

I ignored the Fox mask lady quest, but finish the Tatara Tales. Now I farming the 18%ATK artifact.

Still planning the ninja kid set. I read the leak site saying her heal will scale with ATK. I need at least one cons from her. Her first con looks pretty good.

edit: As usual, the 12 abyss floor is a HP freak zone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom