• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Genshin x Pizza Hut collab is starting in CN on the 29th.

75kawsl8rfi91.jpg
et3wzrl8rfi91.jpg

ubjmtsl8rfi91.gif

Summary translated on reddit:
Translation: won’t be doing the whole thing as there are way too many words, but I’ll summarize all the important bits so you guys can get the jist

First image: event runs from 29/August to 17/September. Three new meals will be introduced to celebrate the colab

First meal: see picture above. When purchasing the first meal travelers will be able to obtain one(1) in game reward packet.

Second meal: see picture above: when purchasing the second meal, travelers will obtain one(1) in game reward packet, and one(1) PizzaHutXGenshin limited mouse pad.

Third meal: see picture above. when purchasing the second meal, travelers will obtain one(1) in game reward packet, one(1) PizzaHutXGenshin limited mouse pad and one(1) PizzaHutXGenshin limited plates

If you look real closely, you find some of keqings golden shrimp balls

During this event, all takeouts from stores in china will use the limited Genshin themed delivery box. The box choice is randomized.

Mouse pad: travelers may choose from either an Amber themed mouse pad OR a Eula themed mouse mad. These mouse pad are super limited. 325,720 respectively(across the entire china, and therefore, across the world)

Plates: come in limited gift boxes. Travelers may choose from either an Eula plate OR an Amber plate. Both of these are super limited, 108,840 Eula plates.

Heartwarming amber message seen bellow first pic: Travelers please cherish the precious food, order what you need, dont waste any food!

—————————SECOND IMAGE——————————

In game reward packet includes:

One(1): special new camera (name roughly translates to camera of clear water)

One(1) new furnishing stand (name roughly translates to special chefs summer feast)

Two(2) new meat and mushroom pizza

Two(2) sunset berry drink

Two(2) crispy mushroom tower

Fifty-thousand(50,000) mora.

You can see the new camera effect in the second image. The in game reward packet can only be redeemed from 29/August/2022 08:00 to 18/October/2022 23:59. (UTC +08:00, chinese standard time)

Each account can only obtain one(1) in game reward packet.

Redemption is limited to chinese servers only.
we even prepared extra content for travelers! Travelers will receive recipes for the aforementioned Pizza, Drink, and Mushroom tower via in game email!

—————————————third picture—————————-

This mega long list is the stores that will have merchandise available. They will also be genshin themed.

Stores marked in red are flagship stores and will have special events in them(to be announced)

—————————- fourth image—————————

Member cards: travelers can purchase a digital Pizza Hut membership card, each with different perks. Upon purchasing, travelers will receive three(3) hero’s wits, and fifty thousand(50,000) mora.

Gift card: there will be 2 gift card available. A 300 yuan and 500 yuan variant. Limited to 7854 per gift cards.

Translation is finished~~~~~ travelers, good luck obtaining these merchandise!

So essentially we're missing out on a furniture item, a camera filter for our Kamera, mouse pads, and art plates.

The in-game items are only redeemable in CN server. Hopefully if the camera/furniture come to GL, they don't do that godawful "support a twitch asshole to get the wings" thing from the KFC wing.

crumbs

They need to bring this Pizza Hut promo to the US as a replacement for the old "Book It" program, which encouraged kids to read by rewarding them with a personal pan pizza for reaching certain reading milestones. Yes, I'm apparently old since I participated in this program.

The Genshin version of this "Book It" program will replace musty old books with kids reading and trying to make sense of the passive descriptions for new weapons and artifact sets.

H1MCP2z.png

Add some math by making the kids calculate the buffs before getting the pizza.

Pejo

They need to bring this Pizza Hut promo to the US as a replacement for the old "Book It" program, which encouraged kids to read by rewarding them with a personal pan pizza for reaching certain reading milestones. Yes, I'm apparently old since I participated in this program.

The Genshin version of this "Book It" program will replace musty old books with kids reading and trying to make sense of the passive descriptions for new weapons and artifact sets.

H1MCP2z.png

Add some math by making the kids calculate the buffs before getting the pizza.
Boy I never expected to see a Book-It reference in a Genshin thread.

yxlowf2g4rfz.jpg

Fuz

Banned
I need Ice and DPS, so looks like I'm saving my dark matter stuff for Frigg.
I was thinking Saki Fuwa (but I already have an evolved ice bow) or Claudia. I need a katana. Frigg looks cool but I don't really like her weapon.

Dregnel

i wouldn't spend my standard banner tokens in this game after a while the limited characters goes to the standard banner and you can buy them but i'm not sure if you need the first copy.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

i wouldn't spend my standard banner tokens in this game after a while the limited characters goes to the standard banner and you can buy them but i'm not sure if you need the first copy.
True, but who knows if I'll even be playing by then. I'm just saving the black ore currency stuff and popping gold/black orbs as soon as i get 10 of either.

Hmm, I'm getting some new commissions in Mondstadt. Interesting that they added a few since the last time I was there. I got one to help Flora bury some flowers on Dragonspine.

Hmm, I'm getting some new commissions in Mondstadt. Interesting that they added a few since the last time I was there. I got one to help Flora bury some flowers on Dragonspine.
That one's pretty old though. I think I'm still missing some stuff in Inazuma so I'm still stuck there. There's also at least two in Liyue, stories about Zhongli and the with signs of love.

Pejo

That one's pretty old though. I think I'm still missing some stuff in Inazuma so I'm still stuck there. There's also at least two in Liyue, stories about Zhongli and the with signs of love.
Fair, I've been trying to get that "Storytelling Method" quest for about a year in Inazuma, which I just got a few days ago, so it's still new to me.

So here's a new Candace art, this one is supposedly 99.99% correct, according to leakers. Can't wait to see her officially.

09o58zgxbii91.jpg

Pejo

Speak of the devil...

ic8obqhg2ji91.jpg

She looks good, but boy they really killed the cleavage in the game. Never again, I guess.

• Empathy

Fake

Nah, I don't see any tattoos on her, just fabric and sheer (transparent) fabric. MHY loves their hosiery.

In her chest? Are you sure? Is come from her belly (left) to her chest. Quite strange to be fabric in that way.

I need a better picture to make sure. And those damn cleavage.

Saber

Gold Member
Speak of the devil...

ic8obqhg2ji91.jpg

She looks good, but boy they really killed the cleavage in the game. Never again, I guess.

I guess they think we should be even thankfull it has enought skin to show. I don't think its bad mind you, just needs to see her kit and personality now.

Pejo

I guess they think we should be even thankfull it has enought skin to show. I don't think its bad mind you, just needs to see her kit and personality now.
Supposedly she's Hydro Polearm shielder type character. That's all the info for now though.

Pejo

Oh, hai.

Sephirdiluc.jpg
Just 100%'d Navia tonight, only the mine and the snowfield left, with the mine at 90%. I see why they timegate everything though, this game is going to have even less to do than Genshin once you are done exploring the available areas. Still, for the cost of $0, I am having a good time. Shame that they don't do periodic or random treasure resets. Also, I don't know if you've done the 3 tower subquest in Navia, but I recommend it. (it's not a labeled/tracked quest, it starts at that thing in the middle of the lake shooting a blue laser into the sky).

In Genshin, finally got my Keqing to 9/12/12 talent wise. Tomorrow I need to farm a weapon domain to get her sword to 90. then she'll be "good enough" for when 3.0 hits. She's still pretty fun to use for traversal, despite Kaz being better in every way. Hoping Aggravate is a good reaction and really bumps up her DPS. If you can get a bunch of Electro Charged/Aggravate/Bloom going all at once, it sounds like it's going to be death by 1000 papercuts, which is the only way Keqing would succeed since she can't do any big hits like Pyro characters. Anyways, I've settled on a team of Keq/Yoi/Collei/Kokomi for my Sumeru exploration team. I was hoping to fit a "gotta go fast" character like Yelan or Sayu in there, but it just doesn't fit if I want to be able to do every Dendro reaction. If Burgeon/Burn isn't utilized much in puzzles, I may switch it up and not run a Pyro. We'll see. The elements that seem necessary are Dendro/Electro/Hydro for sure.

Fuz

Banned
Also, I don't know if you've done the 3 tower subquest in Navia, but I recommend it. (it's not a labeled/tracked quest, it starts at that thing in the middle of the lake shooting a blue laser into the sky).
The one with the robot arms relic as a reward? Done.
You're crazy for 100% those. Fucking timegates. The rewards aren't worth it.

Saber

Gold Member
Pvp sounds like a stupid idea.
Just think about those meta freaking, each either instant killing one another or wipping the floor with newbies. Recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So, it looks like I got there.

soldisoldisoldi.jpg

Now I don't know if I should push to 100 or start upgrading some other character just for fun - while keeping an eye not to ever go under 50M.

Pejo

So, it looks like I got there.

soldisoldisoldi.jpg

Now I don't know if I should push to 100 or start upgrading some other character just for fun - while keeping an eye not to ever go under 50M.
And you give me shit for 100%'ing a map.

• LOL

Pejo

Does TCG mean "Trading Card Game"? Or am I missing something? So it won't be PvP in the normal game combat setup?
yea it's been rumored for a while now, something like Gwent or Triple Triad I hope. I also hope it's just done within the confines of the game and not a new gacha mechanic we have to pay for.

Anyways, I guess I'm behind the times on a new character named Layla:

24zipzhevki91.jpg

Apparently she's been leaked as a 4* Cryo Sword character with teen model. "we have an Ayaka at home" character, I guess. As Yanfei : Klee, Layla : Ayaka

Pejo

lol her skin is light as hell, who actually thought that was "dark skin" when they were spreading the rumours :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm fairly certain we're only getting 2 skin colors in Genshin. The majority of the cast, and the Xinyan/Kaeya shade. Could be wrong, but I don't suspect we'll see any darker African-like skin tones.

Saber

Gold Member
yea it's been rumored for a while now, something like Gwent or Triple Triad I hope. I also hope it's just done within the confines of the game and not a new gacha mechanic we have to pay for.

Oh yeah, I predict full clunkyness like the usual GI stuff like openning dungeons, doing screen puzzles, etc.

Pejo

Can't wait for them to implement a way of give your friends the middle finger.
This actually brings up a good point, we still don't have emotes in the game.

Also,
Got one of these from a decoded purple pyramid chest today:
RhM0c3B.jpg

Was super excited at first until I realized that the SRs were in there too, and sure enough is what i got.

• Praise the Sun

Fuz

Banned

Also,
RhM0c3B.jpg

Was super excited at first until I realized that the SRs were in there too, and sure enough is what i got.
I think I'm gonna save all my gold wishes now, if it's true they'll add limited characters to the standard banner. I already have all the weapons I want and (probably) not enough resources to max them all.

Last edited:

Pejo

Why I mean Scaradouche, of course. I can appreciate that he actually looks like Shogun boss's lesser stepchild, it's very in-lore. Wonder if this will be his new Anemo look?

trcvr6z6vpi91.jpg

Saber

Gold Member

Also,
RhM0c3B.jpg

Honestly find that a bad idea, no offense.
I remember my old days playing LoL and the retard devs came up with this idea of emotes. A few weeks later they had to create an option in the menu to disable the function, because of the amount of spams players doing it. And since they come with sounds, it became a nightmare.

Pejo

Honestly find that a bad idea, no offense.
I remember my old days playing LoL and the retard devs came up with this idea of emotes. A few weeks later they had to create an option in the menu to disable the function, because of the amount of spams players doing it. And since they come with sounds, it became a nightmare.
Well to be fair, Genshin isn't really an MMO, so it'd just be people you let into your world/teapot that would be emoting at you. Not just random spastic strangers. They don't even need text, I just mean stuff like the ability to have your characters sit down on the grass, or like wave hi, etc. Similar to pose sets from Monster Hunter, if you're familiar with those.

Top Bottom