• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Not sure if you have been getting bad stutters since the last patch, but I found this post on reddit that helped me out a TON. I am using the config for "Performance High Quality Preset" and the game runs better and looks better than it did previously with my custom settings. Like night and day better, and completely gets rid of stutters and other graphical hitches. Also, if you have DLSS enabled, there's a memory leak related to an outdated .dll that they're using from Nvidia in the binaries.

Wanted to give it a try but can't find the preset... where is it? :goog_unsure:

WUT.jpg

Last day of Nahida and I'm torn on trying for her or continuing to save wishes. I keep hearing about how good she is, how she enables other, weaker characters even if she's not built and apparently makes gathering materials(?) easier. I'm not really a meta chaser but if someone is THAT good it might be a waste to pass on her if I could potentially get her.

I have 30 wishes and next 5* pull is banner. The only limited that I know I'd want to pull on is Raiden and Yelan. I'm f2p right now but am going to get the daily gem thingy.
I think you should go for Nahida. She's definitely worth it. If you buy Welkin Moon for the daily primos you'll be able to save up quick. You also mentioned that you're still in Liyue, which means you have tons of places to explore for chests and a lot of story content to complete, all of which award significant amounts of primos. Add to that the events and other freemogems, and you should be able to save up enough to get Shogun in the second half of 3.3 and probably Yelan during Chinese new year.

If you're still not sure, you could also opt to skip Nahida for now and try again with her inevitable rerun. She will likely return in about 6 months. Shogun and Yelan will probably not return anytime soon after their next reruns.

Pejo

Wanted to give it a try but can't find the preset... where is it? :goog_unsure:

WUT.jpg
You don't need to change anything in the game itself, other than putting the settings to "original" then exiting the game. Then, you navigate to: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Hotta\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ then right click -> Edit the "Engine.ini" file. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom, and copy/paste the enhancements you want to use from the pastebin. I used the one labeled: Performance High Quality, which can be found at this link:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Oh, and make sure you log out of both the game and the launcher before editing the .ini file, so you don't run into any issues.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

ssringo

If you're still not sure, you could also opt to skip Nahida for now and try again with her inevitable rerun. She will likely return in about 6 months. Shogun and Yelan will probably not return anytime soon after their next reruns.

This is my only hang-up on pulling. I don't want to miss their rerun banners and we don't know for sure when they'll happen. I could probably pass on Raiden if needed since I have Keqing for electro and a C1 Xiangling for polearm but I only have Barbara for hydro and Amber for archer. Neither of which I like using so Yelan would be a welcome addition (and I really liked playing as her in the trial event going on).

Got a couple hours before getting home to play so I'll keep weighing the options.

Pejo

This is my only hang-up on pulling. I don't want to miss their rerun banners and we don't know for sure when they'll happen. I could probably pass on Raiden if needed since I have Keqing for electro and a C1 Xiangling for polearm but I only have Barbara for hydro and Amber for archer. Neither of which I like using so Yelan would be a welcome addition (and I really liked playing as her in the trial event going on).

Got a couple hours before getting home to play so I'll keep weighing the options.
Yelan could rerun in 3.4, since it's supposedly a Liyue focus. She's really good and fun to use. From past banners, we see that Archons rerun more frequently than other limited 5*s, so something else to consider.

Yeah, it's definitely a risk. The only thing is, because you're so limited in the characters available to you, Nahida would give you a significant damage boost now, not in some theoretical future. That can help you with some of the harder content in the game.

ssringo

Well, I didn't get Nahida but I'm ~40 pulls from guaranteed banner pity so no biggie. Won't have to spend too many wishes next time around. I suppose my luck had to run out sooner or later. I did get a 5* from beginner wishes and another in 20 limited wishes. I appreciate the veteran advice and suggestions.

Speaking of, another question! I hit AR30 and got a couple of my main team capped to 60. I notice the ascension mats drop from much higher level mobs than it seems like I'll unlock through upcoming world level increase. Does the game expect you to farm the lower level enemies (mostly bosses) and craft the higher tier stuff? At least for your first team. I've already done that a bit but it was just to save time on farming the regular enemies. This actually looks like I won't have a choice with bosses.

Pejo

Well, I didn't get Nahida but I'm ~40 pulls from guaranteed banner pity so no biggie. Won't have to spend too many wishes next time around. I suppose my luck had to run out sooner or later. I did get a 5* from beginner wishes and another in 20 limited wishes. I appreciate the veteran advice and suggestions.
Yep, and though the schedule is irratic, you can count on the fact that there will be reruns, so no need to sweat it.
Speaking of, another question! I hit AR30 and got a couple of my main team capped to 60. I notice the ascension mats drop from much higher level mobs than it seems like I'll unlock through upcoming world level increase. Does the game expect you to farm the lower level enemies (mostly bosses) and craft the higher tier stuff? At least for your first team. I've already done that a bit but it was just to save time on farming the regular enemies. This actually looks like I won't have a choice with bosses.
As you start increasing your world level, the enemies will drop the higher "tier" of drops more commonly. At world level 8, I see lots of white/green quality enemy drops, and rarely a blue tier. Crafting them into the higher tier is pretty common as you'll end up with vastly more white/green tier materials. Some characters have a passive effect that will either refund crafted items or give you a chance to get double the product of a craft.

You can see all of the character passives and what they do here:

Fuz

Banned

Don't do last ascension quest. Keep at WL5-6.

SSfox

Now that i tried Tarta properly, i find him more fun than i though, but i feel like you need to be very precise in his roatation. I was in hesitation between him and Ayato but i think i'm going the latest instead.

We'll see how it goes, still haven't decide yet if i'll go for Wanderer or not
aAmFsk8.jpg

deanote666

Looks like the last time I won 50/50 was the Zhongli banner...

Lost 50/50 for Tighnari, Nahida 2 and 3. (Nahida 1 was guaranteed).

Up to you on upping world level. Depends on how maxed out you are on level, talents, weapon level

Boss drops are bad regardless of level so the only benefit is the chance of better drops from mobs.

Pejo

Now that i tried Tarta properly, i find him more fun than i though, but i feel like you need to be very precise in his roatation. I was in hesitation between him and Ayato but i think i'm going the latest instead.

We'll see how it goes, still haven't decide yet if i'll go for Wanderer or not
aAmFsk8.jpg
Childe is a great character locked behind a shitty character's c6. c4 and above he's fantastic, especially in groups. I liked him because of his versatility, to be able to do ranged auto attacks, aimed charge shots, melee don't you dare mention plunging attacks and he has 2 versions of his ult that have different purposes. He's still one of my favorite characters to actually play as, but I've had him at c6 since his 2nd banner, so I'm in the outliers group.

SSfox

Childe is a great character locked behind a shitty character's c6. c4 and above he's fantastic, especially in groups. I liked him because of his versatility, to be able to do ranged auto attacks, aimed charge shots, melee don't you dare mention plunging attacks and he has 2 versions of his ult that have different purposes. He's still one of my favorite characters to actually play as, but I've had him at c6 since his 2nd banner, so I'm in the outliers group.
Interesting, so could be the reason he flopped compare to other characters. I like his animations, specially with the water effects all around, and seems doing very good damages, but his E CD take 79 millions years...

Pejo

Interesting, so could be the reason he flopped compare to other characters. I like his animations, specially with the water effects all around, and seems doing very good damages, but his E CD take 79 millions years...
Yea his C6 makes his E reset when you use his burst, so the cooldown is a total non issue at C6. They really should have made that his C2 to make it more accessible. Most players will not get him at C6 to see the huge difference it makes. The only time I end up with max cooldown is when I forget to turn off his melee mode before going into a cutscene.

Fake

Already have Childe and Yae, Yae isn't built at all and my Childe is 90 but I just find him so boring. I'm gonna be pulling on Yae's banner for c6 Layla. 30 ounces of Fireball in, LETS GO

Chield have the most dynamic style of the game, but maybe is because he is a bow user?

I tried to pull Chield in his first banner, lost 17k primo. Nilou is doing fun stuff so far, so with luck my next char will be a new hydro claymore.

Pejo

So I messed around with Layla in the trial. Really unimpressed. Her energy generation seems nice, but that's in the trial where ER is a total fabrication, so you can't depend on it. Otherwise, really boring kit, like a dollar store budget Ganyu Burst. Her shield is decent, but it takes too long to start dealing damage, and in "real" content it'll probably be gone due to taking damage before it even shoots the stars since it has to accumulate 4 stars before it applies cryo or shoots them. She could be salvaged if she had a heal like Diona, but without that it's hard to justify her slot in a party over Diona when she does absolutely nothing better than Diona. Never thought I'd be praising Diona of all characters, but that's just how bad Layla is.

Now that Faruzan got hit with the nerf bat, it's been a solid...well...since Collei, that we've had a decent 4*. Guess they're going to continue to get worse as the game goes on so that they can comparatively make the 5*s look better without actually putting in any work. Kinda disappointing since I like the design of quite a few of the 4*s (not Layla), but they're more and more of a chore to fit into a team.

Debating if I want to roll the dice on Childe's signature bow in the weapon banner. I have the Harp on him currently, which is basically the same weapon with a few stat exchanges. Polar Star has more Crit % which would allow me to switch to a Crit Damage hat, and the passive is much much better for him.

What do you guys think?

Fake

I think we just need to back to reality when we get out of the trial. Besides, giving everyone favonious is not doing any favors.

Still trying to understand her elemental skill.

Pejo

I think we just need to back to reality when we get out of the trial. Besides, giving everyone favonious is not doing any favors.

Still trying to understand her elemental skill.
There's not really much to understand. You press the button, she makes a shield. She goes to sleep which is cute for 1-2 times if you don't move. Either way, the shield gradually builds up stars, and after it accumulates 4 stars, it will shoot them at enemies doing weak ass damage and applying cryo. If the shield gets popped before it makes 4 stars, it does nothing.

Debating if I want to roll the dice on Childe's signature bow in the weapon banner. I have the Harp on him currently, which is basically the same weapon with a few stat exchanges. Polar Star has more Crit % which would allow me to switch to a Crit Damage hat, and the passive is much much better for him.

What do you guys think?
I don't know how good his weapon is compared to other options, but what else are you gonna pull for? The future is bleak. Might as well try. You have him C6 too, that's a lot of investment already. I say just go all the way at that point.

Pejo

I don't know how good his weapon is compared to other options, but what else are you gonna pull for? The future is bleak. Might as well try. You have him C6 too, that's a lot of investment already. I say just go all the way at that point.
I was reading on /r/Childemains and apparently R0 Polar Star is around 6% damage increase over R0 Harp. Honestly I'm not that hard up yet that pulling for a 6% damage improvement is worthwhile for 50+ pulls.

Think I'll pass for now and see how high I can get Dehya's constellations for "free" when she releases. I really hope we get sufficiently early leaks to verify her kit soon. If the recent leaks are correct, I'm going IN on her, she sounds fun and I love the design.

Fake

There's not really much to understand. You press the button, she makes a shield. She goes to sleep which is cute for 1-2 times if you don't move. Either way, the shield gradually builds up stars, and after it accumulates 4 stars, it will shoot them at enemies doing weak ass damage and applying cryo. If the shield gets popped before it makes 4 stars, it does nothing.

So, you need to stand still? wtf

I presume 3.3 will come december? Scara, anothers 2 reruns until 3.3 part 2... Will be a hard time for me without using wishes until Alhaitham.

Next year the updates will be back to the normal timelapse.

Last edited:

Pejo

So, you need to stand still? wtf
You only need to stand still if you want to watch her fall asleep. After pressing the button you can move or switch characters etc.
I presume 3.3 will come december? Scara, anothers 2 reruns until 3.3 part 2... Will be a hard time for me without using wishes until Alhaitham.

Next year the updates will be back to the normal timelapse.
Yea hopefully we get back to 6 week patches. I appreciate the constant content, but it's caused me quite a bit of burnout, which I hadn't expected.

Pejo

upshh57r7z0a1.jpg

More Faruzan nerfs. Now she doesn't generate any particles on use of her skill, you have to do a charge attack to get them. On top of her particle generation being nerfed TWICE already. We get it MHY, you don't want any 4* female characters to be good anymore. Sheesh. Only furries and twinks can be strong 4*.

Fuz Fuz Speaking of nerfs....
Lin numbers are out and she got gutted as expected. Volt especially lost a ton of damage and utility from her. Still a chance she could be good though, like Saki ended up being, so I guess we wait and see.

Fuz

Banned
upshh57r7z0a1.jpg

More Faruzan nerfs. Now she doesn't generate any particles on use of her skill, you have to do a charge attack to get them. On top of her particle generation being nerfed TWICE already. We get it MHY, you don't want any 4* female characters to be good anymore. Sheesh. Only furries and twinks can be strong 4*.

Fuz Fuz Speaking of nerfs....
Lin numbers are out and she got gutted as expected. Volt especially lost a ton of damage and utility from her. Still a chance she could be good though, like Saki ended up being, so I guess we wait and see.
I'm reading about the nerfs all around but can't find the numbers anywhere.
K8Tdx.gif

Got a link? I've seen people ranting bad about volt, but what about fire & ice?

Saber

Gold Member
upshh57r7z0a1.jpg

More Faruzan nerfs. Now she doesn't generate any particles on use of her skill, you have to do a charge attack to get them. On top of her particle generation being nerfed TWICE already. We get it MHY, you don't want any 4* female characters to be good anymore. Sheesh.

I'm deeply re-thinking in not getting her. Fuck off with this Scara blowjob.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm reading about the nerfs all around but can't find the numbers anywhere.
K8Tdx.gif

Got a link? I've seen people ranting bad about volt, but what about fire & ice?
FhsQqLuWAAIS72-

Physical looks like it got boned too, but I don't understand what the shield thing is about. Frost didn't need her to begin with, but it got cratered. Fire looks like the only relatively unchanged element, but they already got double fucked with Ruby and Cobalt being decimated from CN numbers.

I'm deeply re-thinking in not getting her. Fuck off with this Scara blowjob.
Faruzan nerded again? WTF?
I just don't get it. I'm not an Anemo DPS type of guy to begin with, but the element wasn't so strong that having a great buffer would making unreasonable or anything. She was (originally in the first 3.3 beta) as good as the launch 4*s, and I think it's about time we had more of that. There's so many characters to pick from, letting us build our own teams instead of following meta slaves and MHY's forced team comps should be the primary focus.

I don't think anybody but the newest of players need to pull any new characters for strength reasons, it's mostly for personal preference and fun. It's time to take the handcuffs off of the 4*s and let us use them if we want to.

Last edited:

Fake

I just don't get it. I'm not an Anemo DPS type of guy to begin with, but the element wasn't so strong that having a great buffer would making unreasonable or anything. She was (originally in the first 3.3 beta) as good as the launch 4*s, and I think it's about time we had more of that. There's so many characters to pick from, letting us build our own teams instead of following meta slaves and MHY's forced team comps should be the primary focus.

I don't think anybody but the newest of players need to pull any new characters for strength reasons, it's mostly for personal preference and fun. It's time to take the handcuffs off of the 4*s and let us use them if we want to.

Feels like they doing everything they can to put Scara on the utlimate wish banner of all times, or avoiding nerf the 4-set anemo artifact.

or maybe reddit was right about Scara being a misogynistic.

Fuz

Banned
FhsQqLuWAAIS72-

Physical looks like it got boned too, but I don't understand what the shield thing is about. Frost didn't need her to begin with, but it got cratered. Fire looks like the only relatively unchanged element, but they already got double fucked with Ruby and Cobalt being decimated from CN numbers.
Tbh I actually saw that a few days ago but I thought it was fake and there was something new. Also, I wasn't able to find it again... I wanted to post it here for you
2Rce3.gif
but couldn't find it anywhere anymore and I thought they removed it because it was fake.

The shield thing *I THINK* means that you don't need to be shielded to get that effect - so it's a nerf but also somehow a buff. Don't take my words for granted, though.

I think I'm still rolling for her because she seem fun and her weapon/element is quite original. The nun is veeeeery tempting, but I won't be able to build a physical or fire team anyway - weird how I'm cornered into a frost team, which I didn't really want.

Pejo

Tbh I actually saw that a few days ago but I thought it was fake and there was something new. Also, I wasn't able to find it again... I wanted to post it here for you
2Rce3.gif
but couldn't find it anywhere anymore and I thought they removed it because it was fake.

The shield thing *I THINK* means that you don't need to be shielded to get that effect - so it's a nerf but also somehow a buff. Don't take my words for granted, though.

I think I'm still rolling for her because she seem fun and her weapon/element is quite original. The nun is veeeeery tempting, but I won't be able to build a physical or fire team anyway - weird how I'm cornered into a frost team, which I didn't really want.
After reading some comments, it looks like the requirement was that the enemy was shielded, so that stipulation is gone, but the buff was cut into 1/3 the original value. So kinda a buff and a nerf at the same time? They could have just said "unconditional 50% physical buff". Still seems worth it for physical, which was my main reason for looking at Lin.

I hope Lyra gets Phys resonance, because the team I'd lke to run is Shiro/Lin/Lyra, but without Phys Resonance you lose a lot of overall damage, so I might have to run Claudia over Shiro. I hate Claudia's kit so much, because it funnels you into air combat but her attacks are so stubby that its impossible to hit moving targets with it.

I won't even try to build a Fire team until we see some better characters and some non-ranged options, since they're just not as fun for me personally. Volt is meh right now, maybe later. People are singing praises of Claudia/Crow/3rd, so I might try that considering black nuclei gave me A6 Crow back in version 1.x. Either way, if I get lucky for Lin, I get lucky, but I'm still not spending until they right the ship a bit. Also I want to make sure I have enough for Lyra.

Fuz

Banned
After reading some comments, it looks like the requirement was that the enemy was shielded, so that stipulation is gone, but the buff was cut into 1/3 the original value. So kinda a buff and a nerf at the same time? They could have just said "unconditional 50% physical buff". Still seems worth it for physical, which was my main reason for looking at Lin.

I hope Lyra gets Phys resonance, because the team I'd lke to run is Shiro/Lin/Lyra, but without Phys Resonance you lose a lot of overall damage, so I might have to run Claudia over Shiro. I hate Claudia's kit so much, because it funnels you into air combat but her attacks are so stubby that its impossible to hit moving targets with it.

I won't even try to build a Fire team until we see some better characters and some non-ranged options, since they're just not as fun for me personally. Volt is meh right now, maybe later. People are singing praises of Claudia/Crow/3rd, so I might try that considering black nuclei gave me A6 Crow back in version 1.x. Either way, if I get lucky for Lin, I get lucky, but I'm still not spending until they right the ship a bit. Also I want to make sure I have enough for Lyra.
Considering that bosses aren't shielded for most of the time, it feels more like a buff to me. But my headmath is bad and I'm always wrong about those things.

I think that Claudia's problem - in itself - is not air combat (not sure why you say it's stubby, or why you say it's needed :pie_thinking:), but that her burst is crap, misses tons of times or just go straight behind the enemy losing tons of damage. And her skill I really like, it's super fun to use and has a relatively low cooldown.

I really wanted to main fire because I like Seph... King and his weapon, but the other fire weapons and characters are so damn DULL.

By the way, I've become the meme of I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING, the more I read about rotations the less I understand... no idea how my Saki/Tsubasa comp works, especially buffs... I THINK I'm doing a certain rotation for buffs and damage but I have the feeling that it's so wrong that it actually does nothing. I find this game extremely complex on its more refined combat mechanics. And to be honest, it's more fun not following rotations but going full ignorance.

Oh, you'll be happy to know that Lyra does indeed have physical resonance.

ihave.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Well, since my last pull was a Nahida so I was far from pity and I could build it a bit, since I missed 20 pulls for BP monthly mission, since I wouldn't have minded a constellation or 2 for Heizou and since Layla is actually 2 free wishes for me, and since I wouldn't have minded a lucky Tartaglia I gave 2 multipulls and got 1 Thoma constellation and 2 Laylas. Oh well.
Fun thing while trying her out (to actually level her, because I am a cheap fuck and don't go all the way with books but I always do the last bit with monsters), I was battling some eremites, activated her shield, charged to max and the shots... went to hit the firepit instead of the eremites around me.
K8Tdx.gif
Good fucking job, mihoyo.

Edit: her braids are flat as Qiqi's. They look like animated bitmaps while seeint them running from behind, it's jarring.

P.S.
Dori's idle voice is fucking unsufferable.

Man I really want C6 Heizou...

Last edited:

crumbs

Kinda snowed in today, so I figured I'd find the remaining Aranara using the interactive map. I'd say 2/3rds of the missing ones were in areas that I passed through while working on the Aranara World quest. I assume some of them spawned after that quest series was completed because I don't how I would have missed them the first time. Glad to have that done.

Pejo

Dendro is not so good breaking shields.
It does pretty well with Hydro shields and obviously the dendro shields with Burning. But yea the rest aren't so good.
Kinda snowed in today, so I figured I'd find the remaining Aranara using the interactive map. I'd say 2/3rds of the missing ones were in areas that I passed through while working on the Aranara World quest. I assume some of them spawned after that quest series was completed because I don't how I would have missed them the first time. Glad to have that done.
Congrats! Did you use the interactive map to track them all or a specific guide? I started looking for the ones I'm missing a month or so ago using the map, but it was really tedious.

Fake

It does pretty well with Hydro shields and obviously the dendro shields with Burning. But yea the rest aren't so good.

I tried dendro on Hydro shield, not so effective unless I use electro on the dendro cores. Breaking Abyss Mage shield still take some work.

Last edited:

crumbs

Congrats! Did you use the interactive map to track them all or a specific guide? I started looking for the ones I'm missing a month or so ago using the map, but it was really tedious.

I used the interactive map and started at Port Ormos and worked my way around Sumeru in a clockwise fashion. I don't have a second monitor for my PC, so I had the map pulled up on my work laptop. It was a bit tedious, but that setup allowed me to get through it in a reasonable amount of time. You get an achievement when you find all 12 "game playing" aranara and another achievement when you open all the chests.

I think the most difficult to find aranara was in a hidden room off the side of the perpetual mechanical array boss challenge room, which is only available when finishing the trapped ruin machine questline and draining the water in the central cave system.

I tried dendro on Hydro shield, not so effective unless I use electro on the dendro cores. Breaking Abyss Mage shield still take some work.

Tighnari shreds through hydro shields, but that could be due to how his skill applies dendro. I need to try it with Kusanali to see how her dendro application works on hydro.

Fake

Tighnari shreds through hydro shields, but that could be due to how his skill applies dendro. I need to try it with Kusanali to see how her dendro application works on hydro.

Probably because he is the strongest dendro around, unless Nahida beat him in this departament.

IDK what actually is effective against abyss mage shield. EM or ATK.

Top Bottom