• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Probably because he is the strongest dendro around, unless Nahida beat him in this departament.

IDK what actually is effective against abyss mage shield. EM or ATK.
I don't think either stat matters. I thinks it's dependent on how many "units" of an element you can apply to an elemental shield combined with the reaction efficiency of the element you're applying (i.e. hydro is more efficient against pryo than other elements). That's why you can use under-leveled characters to break shields, as long as they have the right "efficient" element and are able to apply their element at a decent rate.

As for dendro against hydro shields, apparently it's twice as efficient as cryo. This page lists out some of the theories on how shields work in GI. Some of this is confusing since the game doesn't really show you stats on elemental shields. It's like the enemy's "poise" stat; it's a big factor in anemo CC scenarios, but the player doesn't get to see the stat in-game.

Fuz

Banned
You don't need to change anything in the game itself, other than putting the settings to "original" then exiting the game. Then, you navigate to: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Hotta\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ then right click -> Edit the "Engine.ini" file. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom, and copy/paste the enhancements you want to use from the pastebin. I used the one labeled: Performance High Quality, which can be found at this link:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Oh, and make sure you log out of both the game and the launcher before editing the .ini file, so you don't run into any issues.
Tried this but
- Gave me occasional stuttering
- Don't see any difference visually
- The instructions say "6gb video card" and I have a 3gb one so I'd rather avoid melting this one too
2Rce3.gif

Pejo

Didn't know that. Then will all other harbingers get a redemption arc or we won't get them as playable characters?
Scara seems to still be a petulant shit even after his new playable version, so maybe the $$$ that Genshin makes allows them to bend the rules a bit. Plus, all of that came out before Gorou and he still made it in the game so...

Pejo

Shield character comparisons:

Xinyan is worse than I thought.

*edit*

Official Keqing birthday art:

Fh-pG4IXEAASEw1.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Shield character comparisons:

Xinyan is worse than I thought.

Taking aways those stupid weeb names, you can notice a trend and the reason why Xynian is so bad.
You see, all the characters except Diona and Xynian already has their shields at max efficiency.
Diona just need to hold the skill, no complex mechanics.
Xynian not only is forced to hit enemies, but to hit a certain amount of enemies to even take advantage of the shield mechanic. And the worst of it she still have to deal with a bug.

BJK

Passed on drawing for Miko, since it's not worth risking a guaranteed pull on a character I already have.

...but with the backup option on the weapon banner being a crit rate bow, I decided to try for Miko's BiS weapon....and 70-odd pulls later, I got Kagura's Verity (and a spare Favonius sword, which I needed).

Now my Skyward Atlas will be passed down again: from Ningguang to Yae Miko, and now from Miko to Mona (who I finally got off standard banner wishes earlier this week; last of the OG 5*s to come home to my account). Probably not pulling for a couple of months after this.

Fuz

Banned
Do we have any idea of the 4 stars in Scaradouche's banner? We know about Faruzan and we can suppose Gorou, any idea about the other?

Do we have any idea of the 4 stars in Scaradouche's banner? We know about Faruzan and we can suppose Gorou, any idea about the other?
Chongyun, Ningguang, Xinyan, Rosaria and Yanfei haven't been on a banner in a while. Their last appearances were before 3.0 so those are your best bets. I hate to say it, but I think Xinyan would make the most sense for the banner since both Itto and Scara can technically use her shield and Pyro application. Synergy isn't always important to MHY though, so anything's possible. There's a small chance for a character like Dori too.

All C6. I might build pity on the current banners for Heizou.
Although I wouldn't mind more Gorou copies for my Itto team.
What 5 star are you going for? Scara or Itto cons?

I wouldn't risk getting a 5 star I don't want just to avoid one in three 4 stars.

Fuz

Banned
What 5 star are you going for? Scara or Itto cons?

I wouldn't risk getting a 5 star I don't want just to avoid one in three 4 stars.
Honestly dunno. I'm not getting Itto cons, I love him, he's super fun and way stronger than this thread believe him to be, but it's too big of an investment to get good constellations. C1 is always pointless crap. They're never worth the investment. I'd rather roll for weapons (lol I fucking won't).
I'm not sure if I want Scara or skip him for Alhaitam and possibly Dehya, I need to see more about him before making a decision, the leak showcases are always crap.
Risking getting a 5 star... I'm actually very low on hydro characters (I only have Xinghei, Mona and Barbara) AND Tartaglia was the first banner when I started playing and kind of always wanted him - although the huge cd on his weapon switch ruins him bad and he's definitely not a priority. So even if I get a suprise Childe I won't cry too much.
Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
But speaking of Mona...
Mona is one of those complex characters that I have no idea how they really work. And Nahida is actually another one. So, noob question time: how does Nahida's elemental link work? Do all the enemies take full reaction damage from the reactions I trigger on one of them? Or just a part of it? ANY reaction of just dendro reactions?
ihave.jpg

Last edited:

Dregnel

Bu speaking of Mona...
Mona is one of those complex characters that I have no idea how they really work. And Nahida is actually another one. So, noob question time: how does Nahida's elemental link work? Do all the enemies take full reaction damage from the reactions I trigger on one of them? Or just a part of it? ANY reaction of just dendro reactions?
ihave.jpg
Any elemental reaction can trigger her damage if the enemies are linked, even cryo+anemo.

you don't even need to use skills against monsters, for example you are fighting against a pyro slime and he jumps to the water that will cause vaporization right? Nahida's elemental link will kill that pyro slime, That is the reason why when you link several enemies sometimes they die alone and you don't understand the reason.

mona is much less complex, all you have to do is apply pyro before using her ultimate when you cause vaporize then you wait 2 seconds for the internal cooldown then you use fire again and do much more damage, this is only good against bosses, the monsters in the open world die before making these combinations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Any elemental reaction can trigger her damage if the enemies are linked, even cryo+anemo.

you don't even need to use skills against monsters, for example you are fighting against a pyro slime and he jumps to the water that will cause vaporization right? Nahida's elemental link will kill that pyro slime, That is the reason why when you link several enemies sometimes they die alone and you don't understand why.
Oh I think I had her all wrong.
I thought that she just linked the reaction in itself, ex. all the enemies received a vape when I vaped one. But instead it's just another extra attack from Nahida, correct? Is this attack physical or dendro? Edit: ok it's dendro.
mona is much less complex, all you have to do is apply pyro before using her ultimate when you cause vaporize then you wait 2 seconds for the internal cooldown then you use fire again and do much more damage, this is only good against bosses the monsters in the open world die before making these combinations.

Oh, I know the rotation, but I have no idea WHY or HOW. I just do them without understanding them.

keyboard-baby.gif

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
By the way, Layla seems much better than what you guys give her credit for, I thought she was unsalvageable trash but... her kit is actually... good?
The shield is good (well, not for me but leveling her up) and has 100% uptime, her burst charges quickly and it's really good for reactions. She also has a big advantage over Zhong Li: she's not geo. Not as bad as predicted imho.

Pejo

Oh, I know the rotation, but I have no idea WHY or HOW. I just do them without understanding them.

keyboard-baby.gif
If you're strictly talking about Mona's Burst, it's an amplifier. So you have a Hilichurl in front of you. If it's just standing there, and you use Mona's burst, it will hit him and apply a damage taken buff (note - it will not do any damage at this point yet, it just applies a debuff). Since it's a "small" tier enemy, it will be floated and unable to move. When you hit that target with any attack, it will "pop" the bubble, freeing them, applying Omen (which has various effects based on element of the attack), and deal damage with the multiplier. So if you have regular Hilichurl, hit Burst, then follow up with a normal Mona auto attack, you'll get like 60% more damage than you would from a normal auto attack. Then you get ~5 seconds of bonus damage on top.

Now, if you deal reactions, not only do you get that damage bonus%, but you can also "store" a reaction and have it essentially double up the damage bonus. So now, our Hilichurl friend has pyro already on him. You hit Mona's Burst, causing a Vaporize reaction, and putting him in the bubble (no visible damage is seen yet). Then you switch back to a Pyro character and pop the bubble with Pyro, so now you get the bonus damage of the original Vape reaction, followed by the damage of the reverse Vape reaction, and you see BEEEG NUMBAAA.

In addition, the Omen has a few extra bonuses based on the ascension passive, which can be to extend Freeze duration (bugged and doesn't currently work), and otherwise just a flat 15% bonus damage on top of the other damage.

That's all there is.

I play her as a carry since I got her to C6, and I don't really worry about maximizing that single Burst reaction, I just use it and stack the Omen debuff and go crazy with Hyperbloom with Dendro/Electro and melt everything for those ~5 seconds of Omen buffed damage. The real benefit of the 1HKO on her burst can really only be utilized by Pyro.

*edit*

R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
So leaks are out about current chapter in CN, and it drops a few big bombs. I would stay off of Honkai communities if you don't want to be spoiled. I accidentally read it, and I am incredibly disappointed with how the story is turning out. In case you just want to know: (Major spoilers) Herrscher of Finality's power is Time. She basically keeps resetting reality in a huge Samsara, with minor changes each time. Everybody is reincarnated and lives mostly the same way. We're essentially witnessing Previous Era 2.0, not Current Era in a meaningful way. Also, K423 Kiana has to become the Herrscher of Finality, and apparently always does. So we're seeing the end of the current cycle.

Lazy fucking macguffin bullshit storytelling.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Fuz

Banned
If you're strictly talking about Mona's Burst, it's an amplifier. So you have a Hilichurl in front of you. If it's just standing there, and you use Mona's burst, it will hit him and apply a damage taken buff (note - it will not do any damage at this point yet, it just applies a debuff). Since it's a "small" tier enemy, it will be floated and unable to move. When you hit that target with any attack, it will "pop" the bubble, freeing them, applying Omen (which has various effects based on element of the attack), and deal damage with the multiplier. So if you have regular Hilichurl, hit Burst, then follow up with a normal Mona auto attack, you'll get like 60% more damage than you would from a normal auto attack. Then you get ~5 seconds of bonus damage on top.

Now, if you deal reactions, not only do you get that damage bonus%, but you can also "store" a reaction and have it essentially double up the damage bonus. So now, our Hilichurl friend has pyro already on him. You hit Mona's Burst, causing a Vaporize reaction, and putting him in the bubble (no visible damage is seen yet). Then you switch back to a Pyro character and pop the bubble with Pyro, so now you get the bonus damage of the original Vape reaction, followed by the damage of the reverse Vape reaction, and you see BEEEG NUMBAAA.

In addition, the Omen has a few extra bonuses based on the ascension passive, which can be to extend Freeze duration (bugged and doesn't currently work), and otherwise just a flat 15% bonus damage on top of the other damage.

That's all there is.

I play her as a carry since I got her to C6, and I don't really worry about maximizing that single Burst reaction, I just use it and stack the Omen debuff and go crazy with Hyperbloom with Dendro/Electro and melt everything for those ~5 seconds of Omen buffed damage. The real benefit of the 1HKO on her burst can really only be utilized by Pyro.

*edit*

So leaks are out about current chapter in CN, and it drops a few big bombs. I would stay off of Honkai communities if you don't want to be spoiled. I accidentally read it, and I am incredibly disappointed with how the story is turning out. In case you just want to know: (Major spoilers) Herrscher of Finality's power is Time. She basically keeps resetting reality in a huge Samsara, with minor changes each time. Everybody is reincarnated and lives mostly the same way. We're essentially witnessing Previous Era 2.0, not Current Era in a meaningful way. Also, K423 Kiana has to become the Herrscher of Finality, and apparently always does. So we're seeing the end of the current cycle.

Do you think she can be a good substitute for Xinghei, for my Raiden/Xinghei/Nahida and Diluc/Xinghei/Nahida teams?

By the way, I just found 2 new recipes at Shimua's in Inazuma. Not sure when they got added.

Pejo

Do you think she can be a good substitute for Xinghei, for my Raiden/Xinghei/Nahida and Diluc/Xinghei/Nahida teams?

By the way, I just found 2 new recipes at Shimua's in Inazuma. Not sure when they got added.
She's not nearly as good at applying hydro off field. If you aren't using her as a 1HKO youtuber Pyro support, then using her as a carry (for example in your team comp above) is the only other legitimate option. That first team is actually very close to the one I use her in, with Mona as carry/Nahida/Fischl/Jean.

Off-field, you can make up the difference a bit by using Sacrificial Fragments so you can have better uptime on her elemental skill, but that won't be more effective than Waterboi.

• Thoughtful

Dregnel

keyboard-baby.gif

her ultimate snapshot, It's like accumulating buffs in a box that you can then explode , what fills that box are usually bennet's ultimate + sucrose's E, You are not going to do that high damage without several characters that increase the elemental damage, after all, Mona is only the train track, not the train itself.

• Thoughtful

Dregnel

I think the only character that can replace xinghei is yelan and in the end you realize that both together in the same team rent you more, unfortunately xinghei is eternal.

• Empathy

Dregnel

yeah that sounds like bullshit, I hope that they make new characters like they did with the flamechasers

Fuz

Banned
Man, those hydro swords are super cool and useful. Why give such a great kit to such a character.

Pejo Pejo
FUCKING FINALLY, this took ages.

MOTOBRICICRETTA.jpg

Now I can forever fully leave the island in autopilot, maybe kill bosses 1-2 times a week. I was so fucking sick of it.

ssringo

Made pretty good progress over the weekend. Played a lot more than I thought I'd be able to. Cleared up to Inazuma's opening scenes when I noticed the "quick start" button on events. And thank goodness I did because the rewards were quite nice on the fungi event (I'll get around to the other timed event this week sometime) and it really helped boost my BP levels. After that I started doing Inazuma and I like the area a whole lot more than Liyue. Other than the main quests towards the end with the Jade Chamber and everything Shenhe (add her to the list of character I want at some point) I just didn't care for a lot of the content there. Though in fairness the need to find every Geoculus (after all the Anemoculus) to maximize the stamina bar probably didn't help. I had a similar problem in BotW with Link's puny stamina wheel and only started enjoying that game once unlocking plenty of stamina upgrades.

On the other hand I am a giant weeb so all the Samurai, Shrine Maidens and lightning everywhere is just super fun. The puzzles and exploration in Inazuma also just feel a lot better to me. Opening up the broken tower in the north part of the first big island and stumbling on a sizeable underground zone going under the ocean and ending with a boss and domain was great.

Pejo

Man, those hydro swords are super cool and useful. Why give such a great kit to such a character.

Pejo Pejo
FUCKING FINALLY, this took ages.

MOTOBRICICRETTA.jpg

Now I can forever fully leave the island in autopilot, maybe kill bosses 1-2 times a week. I was so fucking sick of it.
Man I gave up on the island over a month ago. It's just busywork designed to make me miserable. Farming those fucking 329834983498 hp boars spaced 3 miles apart from each other for that currency was the last straw. I don't even remember to collect those resources most days. Bike is pretty cool though for sure. I think it gets its own skins later down the road.

By the way, they changed the boss spawns so it's not 7 days from time of death anymore, now they respawn every Monday morning reset , so you only have to fight them once a week.

Made pretty good progress over the weekend. Played a lot more than I thought I'd be able to. Cleared up to Inazuma's opening scenes when I noticed the "quick start" button on events. And thank goodness I did because the rewards were quite nice on the fungi event (I'll get around to the other timed event this week sometime) and it really helped boost my BP levels. After that I started doing Inazuma and I like the area a whole lot more than Liyue. Other than the main quests towards the end with the Jade Chamber and everything Shenhe (add her to the list of character I want at some point) I just didn't care for a lot of the content there. Though in fairness the need to find every Geoculus (after all the Anemoculus) to maximize the stamina bar probably didn't help. I had a similar problem in BotW with Link's puny stamina wheel and only started enjoying that game once unlocking plenty of stamina upgrades.

On the other hand I am a giant weeb so all the Samurai, Shrine Maidens and lightning everywhere is just super fun. The puzzles and exploration in Inazuma also just feel a lot better to me. Opening up the broken tower in the north part of the first big island and stumbling on a sizeable underground zone going under the ocean and ending with a boss and domain was great.
Very nice. Yea Inazuma was a huge step up from Liyue in diversity of areas and content. Each island has its own theme too, which is pretty fun, and there's even a whole separate but connected area that you'll get to eventually, which is one of my personal favorite areas in the game. Sumeru is even better than that, though I agree, the JP lean of Inazuma gives it definite bonus points. Mondstadt and Liyue were both already created at release, so the only areas there that got somewhat modern design stuff added were Dragonspine and The Chasm (which you probably haven't accessed yet?) The Chasm is really good, Dragonspine is something different at least, even if it didn't age as well.

I'm also glad to hear that they threw new players a bone to get into the currently running events. It was only going to hurt their new player numbers if they kept locking everything behind 4 nations worth of story quests before people would get to do the latest events.

Shenhe has a great character design, but she unfortunately isn't great value unless you have another Cryo character you want to buff or want to keep her attached at the hip to her nephew Chongus (Chongyun). I'm still waiting for her to get the signature artifact treatment to make her more useable other than to buff Ayaka, like they did for Kokomi and to a lesser extent Xiao.

Fuz

Banned
Man I gave up on the island over a month ago. It's just busywork designed to make me miserable. Farming those fucking 329834983498 hp boars spaced 3 miles apart from each other for that currency was the last straw. I don't even remember to collect those resources most days. Bike is pretty cool though for sure. I think it gets its own skins later down the road.

By the way, they changed the boss spawns so it's not 7 days from time of death anymore, now they respawn every Monday morning reset , so you only have to fight them once a week.
Agree on the annoyance level, but it reminded me of Akira so I HAD TO have it. Coolest mount so far.

Now I'll just kill bosses and autocollect stuff to fuse matrixes.

Edit: Got Lin with 80 pulls \[T]/
60 pulls remaining, save for Lyra or 2 Saki Matrixes?
noafU5S.gif

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo Fuz Fuz
i have played many gachas but my luck in this one is the worst, pain pure pain, where can i get those 34 pulls?
F4dRbNu.jpg
Man, pulling when you don't have a guaranteed pity is a BAD idea, in any gacha.

I'm not sure at which point of the game you are... you can try exploring Vera for some red nuclei and to makie coins for the gacha machines in Mirroria... otherwise... I don't know.

Dregnel

Man, pulling when you don't have a guaranteed pity is a BAD idea, in any gacha.

I'm not sure at which point of the game you are... you can try exploring Vera for some red nuclei and to makie coins for the gacha machines in Mirroria... otherwise... I don't know.
nah it's only bad idea in this one where the pity is deleted I have never had 180 pulls in genshin

ssringo

I'm also glad to hear that they threw new players a bone to get into the currently running events. It was only going to hurt their new player numbers if they kept locking everything behind 4 nations worth of story quests before people would get to do the latest events.
Yeah, when I saw multiple events pop up with quest requirements I looked into it and was a little bummed most were so deep in the game. Definitely a good decision to have the quick start. Was a bit lost on who some characters were but followed the story just fine.
Shenhe has a great character design, but she unfortunately isn't great value unless you have another Cryo character you want to buff or want to keep her attached at the hip to her nephew Chongus (Chongyun). I'm still waiting for her to get the signature artifact treatment to make her more useable other than to buff Ayaka, like they did for Kokomi and to a lesser extent Xiao.
Yeah, I read up on her a bit but it's all good. I'm about collecting characters I like more than how good they are (unless they're just terrible or unfun to use). As I've been told there's very little that's actually difficult and nothing that can't be overcome with a bit of effort.

Last edited:

SSfox

BTW do we know if the rest of Sumeru is all Desert or is it both bit of Desert and bit of Forest?

Last edited:

Fake

BTW do we know if the rest of Sumeru is all Desert or is it both bit of Desert and bit of Forest?

If I would guess, is a mix of forest and desert, but the main point will be that huge sandstorm tornado. Just like the thunder island from Inazuma.

Pejo

a24e6-16668132970749-1920.jpg

Yeah, I read up on her a bit but it's all good. I'm about collecting characters I like more than how good they are (unless they're just terrible or unfun to use). As I've been told there's very little that's actually difficult and nothing that can't be overcome with a bit of effort.
Best way to do it, in my opinion. I put a lot of effort into building my Shenhe as a main carry DPS, but she falls behind pretty much every other carry I have. I still have some artifact min/maxing to do, and she can still handle overworld/event stuff, so it's fine as long as you don't expect to see "real" damage carry numbers. It's not like there's much content that forces you to bring super strong teams anyways.

Agree on the annoyance level, but it reminded me of Akira so I HAD TO have it. Coolest mount so far.

Now I'll just kill bosses and autocollect stuff to fuse matrixes.

Edit: Got Lin with 80 pulls \[T]/
60 pulls remaining, save for Lyra or 2 Saki Matrixes?
noafU5S.gif
I guess it depends which element you want to run? If you're a Frost convert, go for Saki matrices. There's speculation that after Lin they're gonna start rerun banners, so Frigg could be ~3 months away if that's true? I dunno man, with the drastic changes between CN and hyper speed catchup that GL is doing, I don't really have advice other than to pray to RNG that you don't get fucked. Grats on Lin though!

Pejo Pejo Fuz Fuz
i have played many gachas but my luck in this one is the worst, pain pure pain, where can i get those 34 pulls?
F4dRbNu.jpg
Yea they pretty much gutted dark crystal gain in 2.0, so I have no idea either. I had pretty good luck up until Saki where I had to drop nearly everything to get her at A1. Dunno what I'm gonna do if I don't get lucky for Lin.

SSfox

a24e6-16668132970749-1920.jpg

Best way to do it, in my opinion. I put a lot of effort into building my Shenhe as a main carry DPS, but she falls behind pretty much every other carry I have. I still have some artifact min/maxing to do, and she can still handle overworld/event stuff, so it's fine as long as you don't expect to see "real" damage carry numbers. It's not like there's much content that forces you to bring super strong teams anyways.

I guess it depends which element you want to run? If you're a Frost convert, go for Saki matrices. There's speculation that after Lin they're gonna start rerun banners, so Frigg could be ~3 months away if that's true? I dunno man, with the drastic changes between CN and hyper speed catchup that GL is doing, I don't really have advice other than to pray to RNG that you don't get fucked. Grats on Lin though!

Yea they pretty much gutted dark crystal gain in 2.0, so I have no idea either. I had pretty good luck up until Saki where I had to drop nearly everything to get her at A1. Dunno what I'm gonna do if I don't get lucky for Lin.

So... Looks like full Desert

Pejo

I dunno if it's good or bad that the main stat on that weapon is EM.

So... Looks like full Desert
I think the sandstorm is supposed to have a large underground area, maybe more like Chasm? And the northern most area is more of a rocky cliff area than a desert.

MHY hasn't missed with an area in Sumeru yet, in my opinion. I'm sure they're be significantly different enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom