• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

True. I definitely won't be reaching those numbers ever... plus it would just make the game boring.
Yea and I won't ever level/use Bennett or Waterboi, so unless we get a more busted support, that automatically excludes me from like 90% of the teams involved.

YukiOnna

Yea and I won't ever level/use Bennett or Waterboi, so unless we get a more busted support, that automatically excludes me from like 90% of the teams involved.
Same. My party can be disjointed but oh well, I just put my favourites in and make shit happen. If they're solid characters, they should be able to hold their own without the need of specific characters.

Pejo

Same. My party can be disjointed but oh well, I just put my favourites in and make shit happen. If they're solid characters, they should be able to hold their own without the need of specific characters.
Yea I've been using Sara in my Eula team, and she's actually terrible for the team. Her buff runs out before Eula's big boomboom damage, it's hard to get a Superconduct proc between Zhongli's tower pulse clearing Electro status from enemies, her 80 Energy Burst is only up every 2-3 encounters in the overworld, so I can't rely on it, and not a single bow that I have seems to work well for her kit.

Otherwise, she's a mess of a character, her attack animations suck, she's hard to find a good artifact set for, and she gets constantly shat on in the story by literally everybody - but at least she's cute.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yea I've been using Sara in my Eula team, and she's actually terrible for the team. Her buff runs out before Eula's big boomboom damage, it's hard to get a Superconduct proc between Zhongli's tower pulse clearing Electro status from enemies, her 80 Energy Burst is only up every 2-3 encounters in the overworld, so I can't rely on it, and not a single bow that I have seems to work well for her kit.

Otherwise, she's a mess of a character, her attack animations suck, she's hard to find a good artifact set for, and she gets constantly shat on in the story by literally everybody - but at least she's cute.
Priorities! ;D

Pejo

Some random joined my game just now. Walked up to me, showed off his Ganyu. I guess he read my signature. I showed him my two Amos' Bows. He promptly left, lol.
For a while I was letting randoms into my world just to see what they wanted. Most of them were just there to say some stupid joke and then leave like the whole "ligma" thing.

I stopped letting randoms in.

YukiOnna

For a while I was letting randoms into my world just to see what they wanted. Most of them were just there to say some stupid joke and then leave like the whole "ligma" thing.

What 40M player base gets you: Deez nuts and ligma jokes from 12 year olds.

BlackM1st

Banned
What 40M player base gets you: Deez nuts and ligma jokes from 12 year olds.
True.

You miss all of the fun!

Some random joined my game just now. Walked up to me, showed off his Ganyu. I guess he read my signature. I showed him my two Amos' Bows. He promptly left, lol.
savage GIF

Pejo

Hey, remember those 20 extra primos we got from the double banner character trials?

Well...

The number crunchers weren't going to let that extra 20 primos out of their grasp. Maybe they'll let us subscribe to Twitch streamers to get the telepoints back.

deanote666

Got my first double 5* 10 pull. Only 30 pulls in since my last 5*.

Lost the 50/50 and got c1 Eula on the same 10 pull. Got my first copy of Mona.

I now have everyone except Ayaka.

Last edited:

deanote666

I've got a 4pc Tenacity of the Millelith set on Kokomi.

Anyone test out the new 4pc artifact set bonus for Kokomi? How is it as far as is losing the Tenacity hp buff offset by the 15% healing bonus of the new set for healing and the supposed extra damage from the new 4pc set vs the 20% damage bonus from the Tenacity 4pc?

Pejo

Anyone test out the new 4pc artifact set bonus for Kokomi? How is it as far as is losing the Tenacity hp buff offset by the 15% healing bonus of the new set for healing and the supposed extra damage from the new 4pc set vs the 20% damage bonus from the Tenacity 4pc?
YukiOnna YukiOnna farmed a set for his Kokopuff, and seemed to like it. The damage effect even works off-field, so as long as you're getting healed by the jellyfish, it should proc.

*edit*

Leaker speculation on the rest of 2.X:

lkz21tma8r281.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

lkz21tma8r281.jpg
Animated GIF

2.5 to 3.0 looks absolutely dreadful leaks wise. I can make up same "leaks" by just looking at MiHoYo's own release calendar video and tell about possible reruns and eventual new areas release. Welp, nothing to see here so far, just a mild artificial hype with no real information.

Before 2.5 is... eh. We know everything already. What I'm really interested in is Yae kit / numbers and Cocogoat's new signature Kirin bow.

51092886575_a7845b407f_o.png

You know, the good stuff that actually effects my primos ;D

Pejo

Animated GIF

2.5 to 3.0 looks absolutely dreadful leaks wise. I can make up same "leaks" by just looking at MiHoYo's own release calendar video and tell about possible reruns and eventual new areas release. Welp, nothing to see here so far, just a mild artificial hype with no real information.

Before 2.5 is... eh. We know everything already. What I'm really interested in is Yae kit / numbers and Cocogoat's new signature Kirin bow.

51092886575_a7845b407f_o.png

You know, the good stuff that actually effects my primos ;D
I love that the code name for that one weapon is literally "Lantern rite".

Isn't Kaleido Kokomi's "Everlasting Moonglow"?

Some of those designs are great though. Wish we'd get transmog/weapon skins sooner than later.

Also, rev up your Klee, it looks like we're getting more annoying as fuck floating enemies in Enka.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yep, that's her doughnut 🍩 alright.

And the HeartSeeker is supposed to be a free 4☆ Signature weapon for Electric Cat.

Also, rev up your Klee, it looks like we're getting more annoying as fuck floating enemies in Enka

LOL, well that's just lazy haha

New area looks like Japanese "Atlantis" with fishes as enemies. Can't wait for the "giant enemy crab"

The Little Mermaid Disney GIF

Pejo

Yep, that's her doughnut 🍩 alright.

And the HeartSeeker is supposed to be a free 4☆ Signature weapon for Electric Cat.

LOL, well that's just lazy haha

New area looks like Japanese "Atlantis" with fishes as enemies. Can't wait for the "giant enemy crab"

The Little Mermaid Disney GIF
That 5* claymore "Moonlight" is fucking banging. I love the high tech fish scale pattern on the ascended version.

BlackM1st

Banned
That 5* claymore "Moonlight" is fucking banging. I love the high tech fish scale pattern on the ascended version.
Yep, definitely some great designs there. I just hope that at least some of them are actually useful for more than 1 hero and can be comparable to Homa levels of utility.

YukiOnna

YukiOnna YukiOnna farmed a set for his Kokopuff, and seemed to like it. The damage effect even works off-field, so as long as you're getting healed by the jellyfish, it should proc.
Yep it's worth switching to it for her and she becomes more viable to keep as a DPS option. Ofc run it with HP/HP/Healing Bonus.

Never pulling for any of those weapons anyway. Who gives a rat's ass?

Those "leaks" seem pretty safe, yeah. Anyone could guess that 2.5 will be Windblume, which means Venti + Klee reruns. 2.6 will likely reintroduce the Inazuman characters. Double reruns are here to stay. They've got such a long backlog of characters to go through, and I expect a spike of dendro/Sumeru characters when that stuff releases so they've got to make progress while they can.

SSfox

*edit*

lkz21tma8r281.jpg

Me thinking who should i pull between Yae and Ayato:

Fuz

Banned
I love that the code name for that one weapon is literally "Lantern rite".

Some of those designs are great though. Wish we'd get transmog/weapon skins sooner than later.

Also, rev up your Klee, it looks like we're getting more annoying as fuck floating enemies in Enka.

I think they're fishes

YukiOnna

I was about to be really disappointed if the Impostor behind this was a mutated whopperflower, but it seems that's not the case. Seems it is Durin or I misunderstood the last cutscene of Act 2?

Pejo

Boy, Itto changed a lot from the leak where he looked like a badass from behind to what they have in the beta now.

9or6z1kk6u281.jpg

Arms shrunk, muscles shrunk, shoulders narrowed, beautified features, painted nails, etc.

What a shame.

YukiOnna

Boy, Itto changed a lot from the leak where he looked like a badass from behind to what they have in the beta now.

9or6z1kk6u281.jpg

Arms shrunk, muscles shrunk, shoulders narrowed, beautified features, painted nails, etc.

What a shame.
They made him another lank unfortunately.

crumbs

Are these changes due to limitations with player character models/animations and GI being a mobile game, or are the devs thinking people prefer this style? There's a diverse set of character models for human NPCs and enemies, but they have more limited animation sets than the player characters have.

YukiOnna

Are these changes due to limitations with player character models/animations and GI being a mobile game, or are the devs thinking people prefer this style? There's a diverse set of character models for human NPCs and enemies, but they have more limited animation sets than the player characters have.
Aren't they just shoving it into the same 3 model types they have? Outside of Rosaria who had a lot of pushback.

Top Bottom