• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gentlemen, prepare yourself.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
While seeing Hustle and Flow(Great movie btw) I saw a trailer for what could be the worst movie ever concieved... No I'm not talking about Get Rich or Die trying, even though there was a trailer for that........I'm Talking about something Far Worse ....
Roll Bounce ....http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/roll_bounce/
10221472.jpg

from imdb
1970s roller-skate jams fuel this coming-of-age comedy, as X (Bow Wow) and his friends, who rule their local rink, are shocked when their home base goes out of business. Heading over to the Sweetwater Roller Rink, they find their modest talents are, at first, no competition for their trick skaters and pretty girls who follow their every move.

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/rollbounce/

I guess the You Got Served and Bring it On formula got old..so they had to spice it up with Roller Skates....

Discuss....

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
1970s roller-skate jams fuel this coming-of-age comedy, as X (Bow Wow) and his friends, who rule their local rink, are shocked when their home base goes out of business. Heading over to the Sweetwater Roller Rink, they find their modest talents are, at first, no competition for their trick skaters and pretty girls who follow their every move.
Heh, that roller rink is right near me.

Bow Wow also shopped at the Media Play I worked at a couple of times.

AssMan

Banned
I'm sorry but Roll Bounce looks awesome. Great 70's music, fuckin Charlie Murphy and Mike Epps, and it just looks damn fun.

I completely agree. I don't know where Madcowtipper is going with this. YOU'RE TRYING TO HARD!

temp

posting on contract only
I doubt I'm going to the theater to see it, but it looks like it could be sort of fun. And it has Spanish in it.

Regniws

May god have mercy on your souls. Anything that would put Bow Wow into a movie no good can come from. This will be right up there with drumline... which I havn't seen and never will... a movie about marching band.... sweet mother of moses

themadcowtipper

Guzim said:
Yeah, it looks like it'll be a fun movie. plus, it has Charlie Murphy!
5 minutes of Charlie Murphy and Mike Epps cannot save this movie, hell you can most likely see their whole part in the trailer....

themadcowtipper

just watched the trailer I posted, not the sameone I saw in theaters, it was much longer and more craptacular, I will try and Find the one I saw in the theater...Showed much more of the Dance off type scenes...

Regniws said:
May god have mercy on your souls. Anything that would put Bow Wow into a movie no good can come from. This will be right up there with drumline... which I havn't seen and never will... a movie about marching band.... sweet mother of moses

(sigh)...even Drumline was a good movie.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Didn't Mike Epps say a bunch of negative shit about Dave Chappelle? Maybe Charlie Murphy will try to kick his ass...

The other way I see it is that it'll never affect me in any way. There is nothing much that could get me to go see something like that. Furthermore, books, my friends, books are the way to go. Get yourself a nice reading light, a comfortable place, and find what you like. I find that I have to read something other than work just to clear my head and gain peace.

Movies aside, I like to roller skate, or used to when I was a kid. There is definitely a market to pander to in America.

osh68roller.jpg
35782.jpg
history_23_01.jpg
Roller%20Skating%20On%20A%20Rainbow.jpg

2004-08-20_230059_8019_2.jpg

These people and their families buy media, et. al.
Gettingaroundrolling.jpg
Rollerskating3October1992.jpg

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
VisionaryQuest0 said:
I'm sorry but Roll Bounce looks awesome. Great 70's music, fuckin Charlie Murphy and Mike Epps, and it just looks damn fun.
At least Mike Epps is there, so that the only black people associated with it will be ones who've been to jail before.
mikeepps12oc.jpg

"Who? Dave Chapelle? GET THAT BITCH OUTTA HERE! Denzel? NIGGA CANT ACK! HE AINT BEEN TO JAIL BEFO', THAT UNCLE TOM ASS BIOTCH!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom