• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley did a twit. On Tweeter. Read it here.

MrS

Banned
Man also got Lost Ark info and trailer for us, and Wonderlands.

Plus the least amount of cringe of any of these events and staff so far.

The E3 crew with Golden boy for example is dog shit.

I'd much rather have Geoff just do all these events and everyone else stfu.
Totally agree. Goldenboy is a jackass!

Dr Kaneda

Elden Ring, Death Stranding Directors Cut and Metal Slug Tactics were better announcements then most stuff you see at E3. Considering this is a thrown together event that only exists due to the happenstance of COVID vs decades established E3 honestly it was pretty great.

With Sony not doing E3 anymore its taken a massive hit. Even 3rd party developers like CAPCOM usually seem to save their big announcements for SONY moneyhatted SOP streams etc..

oagboghi2

Elden Ring, Death Stranding Directors Cut and Metal Slug Tactics were better announcements then most stuff you see at E3. Considering this is a thrown together event that only exists due to the happenstance of COVID vs decades established E3 honestly it was pretty great.

With Sony not doing E3 anymore its taken a massive hit. Even 3rd party developers like CAPCOM usually seem to save their big announcements for SONY moneyhatted SOP streams etc..
What E3 have you seen that make you think this was better than most?

Great Hair

Banned
Woeful take. Elden Ring, new Salt & Sanctuary and PS5 Death Stranding = win. Problem seems to be that your expectations weren't kept in check. The only announced show that can beat this one is Xbox. Geoff's will go down as being significantly better than the rest.

A sequel to a 2016 game and a director cut for a 2019 game. Except for Elden Ring, nothing but endless trash. All presented by a zombie incapable of hosting at all, for a 2nd year.
You could give a dead goat the role of hosting, it would do a better job than Jeff Kneelee. They both have a similar charisma.

We dont need these SNL (IGN) dropouts to host jack shit. Not Mreg Filler, not Kleff Niilii ... just let the companies stream their shit (even if they´re bad). The Ubisoft Event was utter shit, at least the show had humans hosting it.

Jeff must be one heck of a boring dude, lacking any form of empathy. He is as funny, witty and expressive as Adamn Sandler in Jack&Jill (only saw the trailer).

I´d rather watch Rob Schneider taking a ****, than seeing/hearing what Muff Okulelee has to say.

The Alien

Banned
Can someone please correct me.

Keighley sets up a competitor to E3.
Apparent tries, but doesn't actually have agreement to stream E3 content. Gets blocked. Conplains on Twitter by saying it doesn't matter since he has deal with pubs (which I guess he actually didn't or he could stream his own content rather than parasitically stream someone else's).

That correct? What am I missing?

YukiOnna

Can someone please correct me.

Keighley sets up a competitor to E3.
Apparent tries, but doesn't actually have agreement to stream E3 content. Gets blocked. Conplains on Twitter by saying it doesn't matter since he has deal with pubs (which I guess he actually didn't or he could stream his own content rather than parasitically stream someone else's).

That correct? What am I missing?
Don't think he's ever outright stated it's a competitor to E3? When answering to some people he said both co-exist together. The issue is it wasn't just sent to him anyway.

Ozzie666

No wonder Sony doesn't want any part of this. So does this mean people are going to start making exclusive deals and sign contracts to announce games? I mean obviously Summer Games Fest seems to have made some deals, next whats level of E3 will try to do it as well. We the consumer, will end up a with broken mess. In this digital ages, the idea of E3 seems to be totally dead.

We are going to end up with all the big players just having their own shows, which is pretty much what we have now. The big 3 fight for some exclusive scraps and have their own shows. Is E3 there just to collect the indies and games that fall through? The E3 organizers seem like greedy people holding on desperately to something that is dying.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No wonder Sony doesn't want any part of this. So does this mean people are going to start making exclusive deals and sign contracts to announce games? I mean obviously Summer Games Fest seems to have made some deals, next whats level of E3 will try to do it as well. We the consumer, will end up a with broken mess. In this digital ages, the idea of E3 seems to be totally dead.

We are going to end up with all the big players just having their own shows, which is pretty much what we have now. The big 3 fight for some exclusive scraps and have their own shows. Is E3 there just to collect the indies and games that fall through? The E3 organizers seem like greedy people holding on desperately to something that is dying.
Looks like Geoff is trying to hoard as many game deals as possible and is sore E3 is shutting him out.

Biggest sell out in gaming history.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
come on chunk GIF
Jarebear alt account confirmed.

Just kidding.

First off, why would e3 give him access when he can't even spell his own name right? Second his summer games thing was cringe as fuck and his fake enthusiasm is annoying.

jaysius

Banned
It looks like he's being treated as he deserves to be treated.

All the special treatment has made his head big, hopefully not too big for his dewrito hat.

KAL2006

Banned
Saying Summer Game Fest isn't supposed to compete is like a new pizza shop opening next door to someone else's pizza shop saying they not trying to compete. All those games announcements that were in the summer game fest could have been at E3 instead all these shows are getting split I to more shows creating less interesting shows instead of one big event that's packed. Also Sony not being at E3 also has killed E3. Finally if you don't have much to show no point showing up so Sony has the right idea, why turn up with a disappointing show why not just have a show once you got enough content to satisfy fans. I'm glad this year I just ignore E3 and Summer Game Fest and instead check my YouTube feed of any trailers that may interest me.

Osaka_Boss

His sorry ass still has the audacity to tag the restream of publishers under his summer anything tag now on twitch while it's clearly E3's. Hope he gets what's coming at him. It is NOT YOUR THING DUDE, STOP.

Man, we all know how you'd react if they did the same to you, just let E3 do their things, stop shilling to your personal projects, buy some Doritos, MTD and chill

Last edited:
Geoff makes a living showing other people's work. He isn't a reviewer, he doesn't help create the products he built his career on the back of. He's just another talking head that somehow caught on and somehow managed to trick the industry into allowing his to slap his name and face to all their trailers and announcements. He's a hustler, but he is good at it.

I'd much rather see Victor Lucas and Happy Console Gamer in his place at all these events.

gamer82

Who cares who announces the games I could care less about them, I’m more interested in the games and the will drop regardless and the studios will put out there own trailers when they are ready that’s good enough for me.

also someone give the man some fashion sense a suit with hi tops 🤔 cringe and double cringe for gushing over Elden ring.

Last edited:
First of all, great title. Secondly, let them eat at each other and see what happens. E3 is all in their right trying to cockblock Geoff since he is a direct competitor to them after his Summer Gamefest, and we all know this was a PR move to save them some face. Meanwhile, it was foolish of Geoff not seeing it as a problem, which I think he did but said "fuck it" anyway.

Top Bottom