• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas' gift bag for every LucasFilm employee (2000+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a $150 gift card to an electronics store from my company for Christmas. It's counted as income so I pay tax on it.

I bought Far Cry 3 with it and gave the rest to my wife, who kind of looked at it and said "thanks..." and then put it in her purse. All in all I am okay with this.

They could have did better than just giving out ipads / iphones boring and uninspired.

EDIT: I read it as this was his going away present to employees since he sold up.
If not and this is just the regular Christmas gifts give away then cool.
Otherwise I stand my original comments something one of the kind would have been cooler.

Even with the edit I cannot comprehend this comment.

You go and enjoy your homemade holiday card, while i play with my ipad.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
My twitter feed was blowin' up yesterday morning with a bunch of friends posting about this. Apparently they weren't allowed to let outsiders know what they received until 6pm. Funny stuff.

Cheebo

Banned
Nope. Not until I know master prints or negatives of the original trilogy, unfucked with, exist and will be available for future generations.
Yes because that's more important than the 10s of billions he gives away to charity.

BigDes

I wish I was edgy enough to think that getting an ipad and an iphone off my boss for christmas was lame, especially while children are dying in Africa twenty years ago.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Has anyone else noticed he's Charles Foster Kane? Lives in big castle in northern California, once commanded an empire but fell due to over confidence, buys people's love.

Has anyone else noticed he's Charles Foster Kane? Lives in big castle in northern California, once commanded an empire but fell due to over confidence, buys people's love.

The Prequels may not be well liked, but Lucas' empire never fell. ILM and Skywalker sound are pretty much tops in the movie industry.

Stet

Banned
This is a pretty standard (but very generous) Christmas gift for small, well-run companies. I think the biggest news about it is how many employees he has to buy for.

strobogo

Banned
Only GAF can make George Lucas giving iPhones/Pads and hand sewn/made pillows to over 2000 staff be a bad thing. This is a most depressingly cynical thread. Even for GAF and the rest of the internet.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Not really extraordinary. My friend works for a casual games studio and every employee was flown to Vegas for the Christmas party and given $1000+ Mac laptops. Plenty of Silicon Valley companies treat their employees to niceties like these, you just don't hear about it because they are lower key than Lucas Arts.

Izick

I feel bad for George.

He seems like a really nice dude, but he just got way to deep and controlling with the sequels. I mean we all know they're bad, he knows they're bad, but what is he going to say? His "art" sucks? Hell no, he'll never back-peddle away from that, even without a piece of the company anymore.

I mean the guy gives to charity, does all these great things, allows the fans to do so much with the IP...it's like one really, horrible, egregiously bad mark ruined his entire reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom