• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Mawle, GOW '18 Gameplay Engineer has passed.

Aion002

That's a pity. May he rest in peace.

Such a talented person. I love GoW combat, his work will not be forgotten.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
RIP Furious George
He did a great job with GOW.
Truly an outstanding individual, to try and get a physics degree just to prove everyone in the field wrong is the kind of behavior that makes me root for you

Great Hair

Banned
discussion know GIF

What an immense loss; I really loved GoW mechanics and highly appreciate his work. I highly suspect the cause of death was the jab as I also lost my aunt (very healthy lady) to it 5 days ago (clotting/ heart complications).

jaysius

Banned
Erm, that's Michael K. Williams. Unless thre's someone else out there with identical features and an identical facial scar.
I was so fucking confused, I didn't really know MKW's name that well, I love his acting and I thought "wait is that the dude's name?" and then I thought "shit he can act LIKE THAT and make games too!?!? Holy Fuck" then I was sad because the guy was gone. I also had a thought "maybe that's the ritual scarification in the area he's from(this is possible)".

I guess Geoff needs to drink more of his holy Dew, and get his facts straight before he "pays respects" to the wrong person in the future, this isn't ok Dewrito Pope.

Hopefully the actual dude's family are doing ok, the mechanic he made was neat.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Nah, I just fucked up. I don't watch much TV. So I didn't recognize and assumed it was gaming related. I'm stupid. Sorry.
Does not seems to be mistake, tho? It seems related directly to that Engineer, who made some stuff on GoW... At least if you look at the twitter thread.

Bryank75

Banned
Does not seems to be mistake, tho? It seems related directly to that Engineer, who made some stuff on GoW... At least if you look at the twitter thread.

Yes, that's where I found it.... it was under all the posts in the related section. Obviously I never saw George Mawle before, so I didn't know what he looked like. Plus I don't watch much TV at all, so chances of me recognizing Michael K Williams are slim.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yes, that's where I found it.... it was under all the posts in the related section. Obviously I never saw George Mawle before, so I didn't know what he looked like. Plus I don't watch much TV at all, so chances of me recognizing Michael K Williams are slim.
I too don't know who MK Williams is, however this seems to be related to the engineer, since other sites are reporting on it:
God of War Dev Behind Leviathan Axe Has Passed Away (playstationlifestyle.net)

PJX

Nah, I just fucked up. I don't watch much TV. So I didn't recognize and assumed it was gaming related. I'm stupid. Sorry.
It's cool. No need to apologise. He was a very underrated actor that not many people knew his name. So it's an honest mistake.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Fair enough, I wasn't trying for a "gotcha" just highlighting the misattribution.

I can see why you'd assume that was Mawle based on the proximity of Geoff's tweet.

Top Bottom