• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia White Supremecist Poisons Himself With Ricin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morat

Banned
So how did he get his hands on ricin? The man was clearly an idiot,but smart enough to get hold of a substance which is rightly considered a potential weapon of mass destruction

rjinaz

Don't really understand the OP's remarks. Dude's in jail now and the FBI is investigating, I was expecting him to be let out scot-free.

Edit: He's going to be in prison for at least a decade based off of past cases.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-woman-in-ricin-case-sentenced-to-18-years-in-prison/
https://scallywagandvagabond.com/20...n-birthday-card-ex-girlfriends-new-boyfriend/

the police/feds will prosecute, but there will be no comment from the White House or congress and this won't explode in the media. If this was an Islamic person it surely would. Of course there is hypocrisy which was the point. Hell Easy D himself would get in on that one. nevermind the Radical Christian Church.

marrec

Banned
So how did he get his hands on ricin? The man was clearly an idiot,but smart enough to get hold of a substance which is rightly considered a potential weapon of mass destruction

He's a lone wolf he certainly didn't have help here clearly acting alone

Speevy

Banned
17-lydia.gif

Hastati

can we crowdsource an army of benevolent, self replicating, meat-eating robots to help some of these fools with their psychological problems

danm999

"what it sees as the inherent superiority and ‘creativity’ of the white race.”

Not much of an ambassador for that shit are ya Billy?

Stole an idea from one of the most critically acclaimed shows of the past decade then botched it.

antonz

Ricin is fairly easy to make. Its from the seeds of the castor oil plant which is used for lots of non WMD stuff.

antonz

How is ricin a WMD? Isn't it just a really potent poison? Is it easy to aerosol-ize or something?

It could be aerosolized. It would require an easily tracked amount of castor beans to make a large scale attack though. However its very effective in small quantities to target small groups and individuals. An amount the size of a pin head is enough to kill a person

Dryk

Ricin is a naturally occurring substance. You just have to look up how to extract it from castor beans which as I understand it is a relatively easy process.

Morat

Banned
Ricin is a naturally occurring substance. You just have to look up how to extract it from castor beans which as I understand it is a relatively easy process.

And he did this, and then poisoned himself with it?

I hope all terrorists meet with exactly this result.

antonz

And he did this, and then poisoned himself with it?

I hope all terrorists meet with exactly this result.

Honestly we got lucky. For ricin to be effective it has to be ingested, inhaled or injected. Just getting it on your hands is likely to cause a rash but it will not have any of the lethal side effects. The terrorist probably read the anarchist cookbook or some other shit thing and had no actual comprehension of what he was working with fortunately.

If he knew at worse he would get a rash he would have probably kept at it and eventually targeted innocent people.

Brakke

Banned
It could be aerosolized. It would require an easily tracked amount of castor beans to make a large scale attack though. However its very effective in small quantities to target small groups and individuals. An amount the size of a pin head is enough to kill a person

So it's a weapon of non-mass destruction?

antonz

So it's a weapon of non-mass destruction?

It is a Biological Weapon that can be used in mass Scale. I mean there is nothing that prevents someone ordering hundreds of pounds of castor beans. Obviously someone putting in orders like that around the time an attack occurred would be immediately tracked down. Consider a few grams is enough to kill a person and even a few pounds could make enough to kill hundreds

Breads

Banned
Do you have a source for that?

It blows my mind that this adult is walking after "experimenting" with a chemical solely designed for mass death.

Nope. They have to make a concrete decision first, something they refuse to do. As of right now we have a bunch of false equivalencies and whataboutisms being thrown around as the FBI concluded that white supremacy has infiltrated law enforcement agencies... to no effect. They acknowledge that it happens and it seems like interest in it ends there. At best interest is limited to individuals. Not white supremacy as an ideology being the existential threat to US citizens that it is.

Hey, that...actually sounds like a pretty cool church! Fostering a love of the arts in your community is a great cau--

oh

oh no

I followed a similar trail of thought. Why did I not see it coming? why?

OT, the ricin is disturbingly easy to get ahold of, we won't be seeing the end of news stories like this.

Toxi

Banned
Honestly we got lucky. For ricin to be effective it has to be ingested, inhaled or injected. Just getting it on your hands is likely to cause a rash but it will not have any of the lethal side effects. The terrorist probably read the anarchist cookbook or some other shit thing and had no actual comprehension of what he was working with fortunately.

If he knew at worse he would get a rash he would have probably kept at it and eventually targeted innocent people.
Jesus. We got really damn lucky.

commedieu

Banned
great to see the sheriff give a white supremacist the benefit of the doubt when he has fucking ricin in his car. None of this shit is funny. There will likely be a false flag attack by these idiots claiming it to be Muhameed and strapping a Koran to an envelope to trigger the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom