• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gerard Buttler's Hunter Killer movie: Crew playing XBOX One with DS4

stranno

bwMzF8Z.png

I16i1ez.png

Not a very disciplined crew, if you ask me.

*Butler.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hate this so much in movies. How hard is it to match up a controller to a console. The worst offenders were when kids would be playing the Wii but then it flips to the screen and it's God of War. Authenticity is not that difficult.

Also infuriates me when two people are playing a single player game, like when the two small boys in Charlie's Angels were playing Final Fantasy VIII with two controllers:

Last edited:

stranno

Yeah, that FFVIII scene is a classic. And sounds dont even fit with FF, it sounds like a beat'em up :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Doom85

Also infuriates me when two people are playing a single player game, like when the two small boys in Charlie's Angels were playing Final Fantasy VIII with two controllers:

What's extra ridiculous is that if they had used FF IX then it would make sense as that game did feature a (somewhat limited) 2-player option.

stranno

What's extra ridiculous is that if they had used FF IX then it would make sense as that game did feature a (somewhat limited) 2-player option.
The NA version of FFIX and Charlie Angels movie were released the same month. Game came out a few months before in Japan tho.

Still, multiplayer support was turn-based, and they're are pushing buttons at the same time.

Last edited:

Codes 208

I hate this so much in movies. How hard is it to match up a controller to a console. The worst offenders were when kids would be playing the Wii but then it flips to the screen and it's God of War. Authenticity is not that difficult.

Beethoven did that too. The two kids were both smashing their snes controllers while playing smb3

120v

two things i've accepted about in-movie "universes" ...

- nobody ever says "bye" on the phone
- gaming is... something completely different

I believe in the move The Good Son, or possibly Forever Young (both early Elijah Wood movies), Elijah's character is shown playing F-Zero on the SNES, and the sound effects of the game are from fucking Pac-Man.

Breakage

It's mindless button bashing that I find funny. Every time you see someone playing a video game on a show, they always seem to be hammering every single button. It looks so stupid.

Where's the clip of Jaden Smith playing World of Warcraft in the Day the Earth Stood Still remake. (couldn't find it)

Though I think he was playing it normal, which makes this kind of stuff even more ironic. He was in Stranglethorn if I remember correctly.

stranno

Where's the clip of Jaden Smith playing World of Warcraft in the Day the Earth Stood Still remake. (couldn't find it)

Though I think he was playing it normal, which makes this kind of stuff even more ironic. He was in Stranglethorn if I remember correctly.
Lol, yes, it is the bridge on Stranglethorn's Vale. It looks like he is playing Dance Dance Revolution Extreme :messenger_tears_of_joy:

uqD5UYe.gif

Last edited:
They're using what looks best for that scene, or what fits the script (lightgun Rage in Breaking Bad lol), while maybe nailing a commercial partnership too. It's a difficult job. They know it's mismatched but that's not important.

Lokimaru

There's actually nothing on the scene in those scenes, the "game" is put there in post production from whatever footage and sound they have laying around.

Z..

It seems Big Bang Theory is the only entertainment medium that gets it right. The rest are just dreadful. Lol.

Sheldon playing Super Mario 64 using a keyboard was painful to watch though. Who would ever do that? Oo

And there's plenty of shows that get it right... Halt & Catch Fire was pretty great in that regard, for example.

Last edited:
Top Bottom