• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Superheroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I don't know any of them in the DC Universe. All germans are either nazis, former nazis or not really important. In Marvel there is at least Nightcrawler with somewhat german origin. I mean it's kinda obvious why there are so many german nazis, but one or two german heroes wouldn't have hurt.

We don't even have the stereotypic bavarian token character not to mention something Siegfried, Barbarossa or Prussia related. Hell, I would even accept Merkel the legendary Sauerkrautpuncher.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
IUzD5tR.jpg

I don't know any of them in the DC Universe. All germans are either nazis, former nazis or not really important. In Marvel there is at least Nightcrawler with somewhat german origin. I mean it's kinda obvious why there are so many german nazis, but one or two german heroes wouldn't have hurt.

We don't even have the stereotypic bavarian token character not to mention something Siegfried, Barbarossa or Prussia related. Hell, I would even accept Merkel the legendary Sauerkrautpuncher.
Considering how many golden and silver age comic creators were Jewish it's not surprising. I'm sure there have been German characters that have been been made since then but they just haven't caught on.

KHlover

Banned
Why would we need any other superhero when we still have David Hasselhoff?
Salute our National Hero (*-*)7

glaurung

If Flattermann is propelled by his ass gas, he is a lame copy of the Finnish superhero Peräsmies.

08072013193827-4.jpg

I think Brösel's Werner Beinhart is a hero of sorts. Hero of the people.

werner-beinhart-1990-12679.jpg

Nightcrawler is the most popular one that leaps to mind.

I'll think about some DC ones.

Pretty much drawing a blank, they're all either Nazi's, obscure, or alternate universe. Overman has a sweet ass costume. I should read that issue of multiversity.

Considering how many golden and silver age comic creators were Jewish it's not surprising. I'm sure there have been German characters that have been been made since then but they just haven't caught on.

That is pretty on point I think. DC was mired in WW2 patriotism as well, but even since then there haven't been any prominent German super heroes. To be fair there aren't a lot of superheroes from other countries but Germany is still a significant country in the western world where it seems odd there aren't any. I can think of way more Russian super heroes.

Slayven

Nightcrawler is the most popular one that leaps to mind.

I'll think about some DC ones.

Pretty much drawing a blank, they're all either Nazi's, obscure, or alternate universe. Overman has a sweet ass costume. I should read that issue of multiversity.

That is pretty on point I think. DC was mired in WW2 patriotism as well, but even since then there haven't been any prominent German super heroes. To be fair there aren't a lot of superheroes from other countries but Germany is still a significant country in the western world where it seems odd there aren't any. I can think of way more Russian super heroes.
DC and marvel both have some sweet ass Russian heroes

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
1962756-planetary.jpg

Jakita Wagner is German (adopted) . Technically she's half English half Opak-Re

and well, um, technically Stormfront is a superhero

926481-003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom