• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germans are at it yet again. Woke rename of product and yet again imposing shit on others. Outrage!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So this is "Gypsy sauce", which I personally really like:
2020-08-17t111428z_1_200818-065608_ako.JPG

Ziugeuner > Cigánska > Cikán (Ziugen) = Gypsy name from times of Byzantine Empire - yes that's how long they are in Europe, without integrating to European society.

Is going to be thanks to German and their rights for selling this recipe here renamed it to "Hungarian style paprika sauce"...I mean why it's that so long, if they care so much about PC, why it's not Roma or Rom. Besides what other good thing those from India gave us, no people not going to know and rac...culturalism will ramp up. Mark my words.

Also outside of one ingredie, it has nothing to do with Hungarians. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/À_la_zingara

Communism grounded them, so they don't travel anymore, now Germans next time they will try to bully us with how bad we treated them.

Stitch

Gold Member
The head of the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma even said that he doesn't really care much about the name and that there are more important things.

Most people will still call it Zigeunersauce just like most people still say Negerkuss or Mohrenkopf 🤷‍♂️

M1chl

do the gypsies care?
Why would they? They cry racism only if you stopping them from doing something shady. Hell Prague is hailed as a "city of pick-pocketing" due to them. Also most of those scame are handle it by them. They don't care, they have no problems selling their children and that kind of stuff. You know, where other problematic groups don't even think to go.

The head of the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma even said that he doesn't really care much about the name and that there are more important things.

Most people will still call it Zigeunersauce just like most people still say Negerkuss or Mohrenkopf 🤷‍♂️

It's just free publicity you know, like those corporate rainbow flags in pride month.

Last edited:

M1chl

Poor gypsies. I'll care as soon as they stop being criminals and literally shit up public places.
Based on the projections, that's going to be another 1000 years and more, if all those goverments is going to give them free shit.

what that sauce taste like?
It's like a sour/spicy version of ketch-up. It's really hard to explain, but it's good.

Last edited:

M1chl

yeah during that month they are like: "how do you do, fellow gays. we like you. please buy our product" and then quickly remove the flag when the month is over.
However this is permanent, because reason due to Third reich and Gypsies.

DogofWar

While the sauce definitely deserves a more appetizing name it is still stupid to change name on classic products for such stupid reasons.

M1chl

I like what I see from that sauce
Yeah it's good but I don't think it would be smashing hit in states, nobody knows there who Hungarian is and if it would have OG name, yeah that would happend. But can be made DIY, not hard.

GeorgPrime

Banned

Ziugeuner > Cigánska > Cikán (Ziugen) = Gypsy name from times of Byzantine Empire - yes that's how long they are in Europe, without integrating to European society.

Is going to be thanks to German and their rights for selling this recipe here renamed it to "Hungarian style paprika sauce"...I mean why it's that so long, if they care so much about PC, why it's not Roma or Rom. Besides what other good thing those from India gave us, no people not going to know and rac...culturalism will ramp up. Mark my words.

Also outside of one ingredie, it has nothing to do with Hungarians. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/À_la_zingara

Communism grounded them, so they don't travel anymore, now Germans next time they will try to bully us with how bad we treated them.

I dont care for what german people think. I will just continue calling it "Zigeunersauce"

Sooner or later i leave this country. Cant stand it anymore. I prefer more freedom, less security. Iam better suited for that stuff than "Kindergarten" style living in Germany.

You dont have to control everything EU. Otherwise you end up like China.

do the gypsies care?

No they are more interested in living at forbidden public places, stealing stuff or doing illegal work. Police are often sending them away but they come back with campers and stuff.

Happens several times a year where i live.

Last edited:

Fbh

Lol yeah let's eliminate one of the few GOOD things people might associate with gypsies. That's sure to get everyone to like them more.

I fully agree with you. Every normal european knows what's the deal with gypsies. Yanks don't but we know.

Yep.
From my experience when you talk to Europeans you'll find them to have different opinions on politics, immigration, CO2 regulations, etc..... but pretty much everyone hates gypsies, and for good reason.

M1chl

Lol yeah let's eliminate one of the few GOOD things people might associate with gypsies. That's sure to get everyone to like them more.

Yep.
From my experience when you talk to Europeans you'll find them to have different opinions on politics, immigration, CO2 regulations, etc..... but pretty much everyone hates gypsies, and for good reason.
aK76Zq6_700b.jpg

notseqi

Any country I visited has far more harsh language than germany, the 'Erbschuld' (hereditary debt) weighs heavy.

Patrick S.

Banned
If I, hypothetically speaking, were to say that I really really really hated gypsies, would that get me banned? :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

notseqi

If I, hypothetically speaking, were to say that I really really really hated gypsies, would that get me banned? :pie_thinking:
Not even a gypsy would ban you for that.
It's weird, they defend their family until the bitter end but they don't give a shit on the family one camp over.

Skyr

First they came for Negerküsse and now Zigeunersauce. I am outraged.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
Not even a gypsy would ban you for that.
It's weird, they defend their family until the bitter end but they don't give a shit on the family one camp over.

I was working at a hotel reception and a family of around 50 gypsies tricked their way into reserving a dozen or so rooms at the place, using fake details. They caused a lot of trouble, Police had to be called several times, things were stolen, and they illegally met/camped/celebrated on a piece of land where they had no right to be. Among old cars, they had a few Ferraris, Maseratis and Porsches, too. Wonder how they paid for those.

Last edited:

notseqi

I was working at a hotel reception and a family of around 50 gypsies tricked their way into reserving a dozen or so rooms at the place, using fake details. They caused a lot of trouble, Police had to be called several times, things were stolen, and they illegally met/camped/celebrated on a piece of land where they had no right to be. Among old cars, they had a few Ferraris, Maseratis and Porsches, too. Wonder how they paid for those.
They are making a mockery of established and accepted customs and laws around here.

Sad to say that they bring so much crime through using their kids. Not happy to be political around here but they are a bit like black low-income-criminal culture around here, without the negative impairments. They really really could, but they don't want to.

Edit: i goofed on specifying what I meant, didn't want to generalize

Last edited:

This really got my noggin joggin'. What are some other good things to associate with gypsies? Some of them are talented artisans (but they're going extinct), Brad Pitt in Snatch... :pie_thinking:

notseqi

No, but this has nothing to do with Gypsies, as with all woke shit. Doesn't surprise me coming from Germany, they can be insanely woke.
Uni culture can be really insane, I have met a few early wokesters at parties, babbling on relentlessly about bullshit topics. Makes you want to take a window exit without caring which level you are currently at.

M1chl

Can i create now a new sauce and call it "Gypsysauce"?
Hard to say, you are the onec who making the rules, all of those other brands here said it's just a Germans call, so I guess it's some sort of licencing. But sure add normal smoked paprika, not Hungarian one and you are problably cool.

That name however, not sure how that would fly in Reich. Here? Meh... I guess that here they made up something like "label printer error, they stole our printing matrix"...however licenci of such sauce would be an issue, Germans have stake in almost everything food-wise here, because after iron curtain felt everything was stolen by those in power during the Bolshevik era. We were pretty self reliant and then capitalism go brrr, i talk to the friend which I run this before, so it's mine now. That's the Czech way of doing shit. Who does not stole from others, stole from the family.

I literally saw them bottles with the name "Zigeunersoße" and had a little laugh about it. Took a photo, send it to a few friends asking how long this will keep being named like this in this current climate.

I notice you are hating a lot on Germans, what's your problem with us?
Thought we are buddies these days...

Orpheum

I dont care for what german people think. I will just continue calling it "Zigeunersauce"

Sooner or later i leave this country. Cant stand it anymore. I prefer more freedom, less security. Iam better suited for that stuff than "Kindergarten" style living in Germany.

You dont have to control everything EU. Otherwise you end up like China.

No they are more interested in living at forbidden public places, stealing stuff or doing illegal work. Police are often sending them away but they come back with campers and stuff.

Happens several times a year where i live.

Literally everyone will keep calling it exactly that. The word "Zigeuner" holds next to no meaning in the context of food and it's not even meant in a demeaning way. By using the word, everyone here knows which taste you can expect and i'll predict right now that no restaurant will rename the "Zigeunerschnitzel" to "Schnitzel, hungarian style"

pLow7

No wonder this Thread is full of racist cunts. Imagine getting worked up over a name change. Get a life

Top Bottom