• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Celebi for S/M/US/UM by purchasing Pokémon Gold/Silver on Virtual Console

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-a-special-celebi-with-pokemon-gold-or-pokemon-silver/

The launch of classics Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver as Virtual Console games on Nintendo eShop is about to get even better. As a bonus for purchasing one of these great games for the Nintendo 3DS system, Trainers will get a code that unlocks the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in their Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon games. Or, Trainers can hold on to the code and use it in the upcoming Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon games when they launch on November 17, 2017.

251.png

Lv 30
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves:
Heal Bell
Safeguard
Ancient Power
Future Sight

Celebi can't be obtained through normal gameplay, and this is the first opportunity you'll be able to get this Pokémon as a gift in these games. Only one Celebi can be claimed per code. The code will appear when Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver is purchased in Nintendo eShop between September 22, 2017 and September 21, 2018. Enter the code by October 31, 2018 to claim Celebi in your Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, or Pokémon Ultra Moon game. Celebi will not be available for your Pokémon Gold or Pokémon Silver game.

Apparently this was in the direct. Didn't see a thread for it.

Also you get 3DS themes for purchasing Gold and Silver too.

How about giving us the option to have it in Gold and Silver and then if we want we can transfer it over?

20 years later and I still can't get Celebi in Gold and Silver lol.

Pokemaniac

So the thing says the code is supposed to be on the receipt for Gold and Silver, but I don't see it there? Am I screwed because I pre-purchased the games?

Edit: To answer my own question, this is what the Nintendo support person said:
If you cannot find the download code, then please wait until 09/18/2017 to see if it appears then. Here's the information I have on my end:
Due to a technical issue, some codes were not distributed as expected. We are currently working to correct the issue. Please wait until 9/18/2017 to see if the download codes appear in the receipt then. The download codes cannot be redeemed prior to 9/22/17.

Also regarding the theme:
Yes, you would receive a special theme download code and the Celebi code
as well.

This is in NA, by the way.

Zubz

Banned
So... we can't use Celebi in Gold? I have one in Moon already. I've always wanted one in Gold... I was hoping they could finally put that Ilex Forest Shrine cutscene to use for Americans. Outside the remakes, that is.

Forkball

Can we transfer Gold/Silver Pokemon to Pokemon Bank?

Yes, but maybe not at launch. They might wait until USUM is released.

This will be my third Celebi, since we got a free one for signing up for the Pokemon Bank when it opened, and another one last year when they distributed all the mythicals. COULD USE A SHINY ONE THOUGH.

Lmao at still not being able to get Celebi in G/S, the fuck?
Too bad there's no equivalent of the Mew glitch to get Celebi easily.

Locking these event Pokémon in these old ass video games is so backwards and yet completely Nintendo.

There's an event in Crystal to let you get Celebi, but naturally they're not releasing Crystal and it was dummied out of the US version anyway even though it was fully translated and functional. You just need to hack the GS Ball in.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member
Yes, but maybe not at launch. They might wait until USUM is released.

This will be my third Celebi, since we got a free one for signing up for the Pokemon Bank when it opened, and another one last year when they distributed all the mythicals. COULD USE A SHINY ONE THOUGH.

For some reason the Shiny locks for Celebi/Keldeo/Victini and Meloetta were removed in S/M

Hopefully this means they plan on releasing them.

But yea i still have my pokebank celebi. It has my OT and it's in the Luxury ball. Probably the best version of Celebi you can get.

lupinko

How about giving us the option to have it in Gold and Silver and then if we want we can transfer it over?

20 years later and I still can't get Celebi in Gold and Silver lol.

They'll probably do that for Japan and maybe the U.K. like what happened with Mew in RGBY.

I have my Mew from my Red with that event. :D

Kyzer

Banned
I was kinda like wut when i preloaded the games earlier and assumed i missed some news. At first i thought i got celebi for gs i was like yoooo

celebi23

The theme download codes are listed in the receipt, below the serial code for Celebi in Sun/Moon. Man, I had a legit Celebi from Six Flags way back in 2001. Too bad my cart battery died before I could back up my save :(

The theme download codes are listed in the receipt, below the serial code for Celebi in Sun/Moon. Man, I had a legit Celebi from Six Flags way back in 2001. Too bad my cart battery died before I could back up my save :(
Where did you buy the game from? Was it today or from a while ago?

batfax

I know that feel. I got a Celebi from Pokemon Center NY on my Silver cart. I didn't know about the save battery thing until it was too late. =[

Top Bottom