• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get Super Mario 3D Land for free by registering your 3DS and a game! (Not in NA)

Phatmac

Nintendo U.K. is giving out free download codes for Super Mario 3D Land to those who register their Nintendo 3DS or 3DS XL and one of 15 eligible games at Club Nintendo between Nov. 27, 2013 and Jan 13, 2014.

The promotion is open only to residents of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, South Africa, Australia and Russia. In order to obtain the free download code, two products have to be registered: the 3DS/3DS XL and one of the following games:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (launching November 22nd)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 2
LEGO CITY® Undercover: The Chase Begins
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS version)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version)
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Bravely Default (launching December 6th)
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Kart 7
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Once the two items have been registered, users can log into Club Nintendo 24 hours later and check the promotional banners for a free download code. The deadline for claiming the download code is Feb. 13, 2014.

Hopefully North Americans get this deal but for the rest of the world, enjoy!
Source

Septimius

How do the country verification works? Say in a hypothetical situation, that I lived in a country in Europe that didn't have this promotion - would there be a way to still enjoy it? I don't even know if this hypothetical can be proposed. If it can't, feel free to disregard it!

Inotti

Oh? I was just preordering that new Mario from Amazon but guess I'll get it free instead!

Edit: Glad I didn't register Mario & Luigi Dream team brothers and my 3DS XL earlier!

Inotti

Yes and no it's not the first time it happened. Early this year there was a promotion for free 3DS game if you registered at certain of time but 3DS XL was not part of the promotion deal.

I think there was a promo earlier this year (or was it end of last year?) for free 3DS game if you had 3DS XL registered. At least I got that Professor Layton game at that time. o_O

Was there a separate promotion for OG 3DS after that?

Rizsparky

Oh? I was just preordering that new Mario from Amazon but guess I'll get it free instead!

Edit: Glad I didn't register Mario & Luigi Dream team brothers and my 3DS XL earlier!

I don't know if I've misinterpreted your post, but its the 3DS Mario that is free not the new Wii U Mario game.

Not to look a gift-horse in the mouth, but it's weird how they're increasing the barriers for these promotions (previously you only had to register the 3DS XL) and making the free game a lot older.

Inotti

I don't know if I've misinterpreted your post, but its the 3DS Mario that is free not the new Wii U Mario game.

Oh fuck then. :D Why did I read that it was Wii U mario? 3h sleep is definetly not enough for me. Well, at least I can give that mario for a friend.

How do the country verification works? Say in a hypothetical situation, that I lived in a country in Europe that didn't have this promotion - would there be a way to still enjoy it? I don't even know if this hypothetical can be proposed. If it can't, feel free to disregard it!
Yes, just set the 3DS to a compatible country (note: if you enable NNID when the update comes out you are locked down to that country, also apparently you will need NNID to get demos in the future) and make a Club Nintendo account in that country. Link the account then register the hardware and game during the promotion period.

But, bear in mind if you are in a country without a Club Nintendo, NOE might have sent your local distributor copies of the games without Club Nintendo codes to register (reason NOE do this is Club Nintendo costs NOE money to run and I guess distributors are not given an option to fund it themselves).

Was there a separate promotion for OG 3DS after that?
In Australia there was. Happened about the same time NOE announced so many games too so was rather bitter for Australians (and also their Club Nintendo codes are incompatible with the European ones).

RaikuHebi

Banned
Holy shit when I read this yesterday I thought it meant 3D WORLD. I just remembered it so came to the thread again and realised my mistake lol.

It's still a great deal though considering I was recently on the verge of getting a 2DS and this game. I've got until February for a good deal on an XL to pop up lol.

Axass

I'm not familiar with how digital download codes work on the 3DS, so I already have 3D Land, can I give the code to someone else, so he can redeem it on his 3DS? (if so I'll probably put it up for grabs on GAF)

UNCMark

Banned
I'm not familiar with how digital download codes work on the 3DS, so I already have 3D Land, can I give the code to someone else, so he can redeem it on his 3DS? (if so I'll probably put it up for grabs on GAF)

That's correct. And I'll take it! Or give it to someone you actually know as a Xmas gift. Whichever. =)

Be careful, I am pretty sure region lock applies here as well so you have to precise which one you got it from otherwise the person may not be able to download the game.

Top Bottom