• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get the 802nd Pokemon, the mythical Marshadow for Pokémon Sun/Moon (US Oct. 9-23)

rak8djO.jpg

The first chance to get Marshadow, one of the newest legendary Pokémon, is coming this October. GameStop will have codes to unlock Marshadow in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, and it will come with a special Z-Crystal item to boot.

Like its previous Pokémon giveaways, GameStop will hand out physical code cards to customers in-store. These will be available from Oct. 9-23. There’s no word on if these giveaways codes are limited to one per person, but you can usually circumvent these kinds of restrictions by visiting as many local GameStops as you can ... but you didn’t hear that from us, of course.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/28/16216902/pokemon-sun-and-moon-marshadow-gamestop-giveaway

GameStop exclusive code giveaway from Oct 9th-23rd

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i legit hate having to go to gamestop to get these damn codes.

Would you like to preorder Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

Would you like a used copy of Pokken DX?

Would you like to trade in some games to get digital codes for Gold and Silver?

Also the new shitty rewards program you pay for comes out between now and then, so you'll get the speech on that too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dammit, Nintendo! Use the internet!

They do, often. This is more to drive butts into Gamestop, which is why for the last three gens they got almost all of the mythical stuff, usually to tie in with the launch of a new game or around the same time they air the movie the mythical pokemon is attached to. This time its BOTH.

Would you like to preorder Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

Would you like a used copy of Pokken DX?

Would you like to trade in some games to get digital codes for Gold and Silver?

Also the new shitty rewards program you pay for comes out between now and then, so you'll get the speech on that too.

i forgot who was the previous legendary they gave but whichever one it was the dickhead employee refused to give me the damn code without me pre ordering something until i threatened to speak to the manager.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i forgot who was the previous legendary they gave but whichever one it was the dickhead employee refused to give me the damn code without me pre ordering something until i threatened to speak to the manager.

The last unobtainable anywhere else pokemon was Volcanion last year. Before that Diance.

Pokemaniac

These cards are still the worst.

Whatever happened to the local wireless distributions they did for Gen IV? What was wrong with those?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
These cards are still the worst.

Whatever happened to the local wireless distributions they did for Gen IV? What was wrong with those?

They did those in Gen V as well. It was great. Then someone realized that people would just drive by and not go into Gamestop, so they changed the big deal ones over to these cards and the minor distributions to Wifi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I used to get those outside of the gamestop. Those were the days.

They opened a five guys right next to the nearest Gamestop. I used to go in there, get lunch, and keep trading carts in and out to get Gen V distributions while eating fries or peanuts waiting for my order.

Pokemaniac

They did those in Gen V as well. It was great. Then someone realized that people would just drive by and not go into Gamestop, so they changed the big deal ones over to these cards and the minor distributions to Wifi.

The most annoying thing is that they actually sort of did one in Gen VI with McDonalds for Hoopa, but only that one.

CEJames

i legit hate having to go to gamestop to get these damn codes.

You go into gamestop to get a code but come out with a yearly subscription to game informer, a pre order for 3 AAA games + season passes and future insurance in case anything happens to those pre orders. ;-P

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The most annoying thing is that they actually sort of did one in Gen VI with McDonalds for Hoopa, but only that one.

Toys R Us got a bunch of them in Gen IV but Gamestop seemed to really lock them up in the US in recent years, and they are definitely behind the push to get the new, unobtainable elsewhere ones on cards.

if TPC wanted to be really nice they'd switch them all over to QR codes so you could get them without even going online. Just release the QR code when you feel like it.

Everytime I go to my local GameStop and I asked them for a card the manager or employee straight out asks me how many I want.

Since I know the guys I asked them if they had a lot of cards and they just showed me these packs full of them and told me not to worry about it haha!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everytime I go to my local GameStop and I asked them for a card the manager or employee straight out asks me how many I want.

Since I know the guys I asked them if they had a lot of cards and they just showed me these packs full of them and told me not to worry about it haha!

Mew was the last time they ran out at a lot of stores. Mew was like the NES Mini of Pokemon distributions.

Idk why, always feel dumb getting these.

Walk in...hey uh you got any of those Pokemon cards man?

Walk out and not buy anything, well because it's gamestop.

Madao

so, anyone got some extra codes of this? my local store has gone to shit and has no codes so i'm screwed.
US codes are what i need since my region is America.

Top Bottom