• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

verbum

Just out walking the dogs on top of a hill, dark mackerel-colored sunrise. High as a kite. Wind was blowing, lights on in the houses below. Dogs playing and running around. Beautiful moment.
Rain later today and tonight. Listen to some old time rock and roll Christmas music. Not going to be that cold but will be rainy and windy. Mulled wine and eggnog tonight in front of the fireplace. Plus a few hits.

Merry Christmas everyone.

A memory of days past..

I used to pretty consistently get purple haze from my guy, and the designated smoking area in our house was the garage. The first time I smoked in there was no big deal, pretty uneventful.

But the second time? Jake, our akita, was standing at the garage door in our kitchen, yelling bloody murder at me. He didn't bark; he spoke - and well enough to enunciate such that we could understand his intended message. The message was pretty clear on this event: he wanted into that garage!

The third time was our big breakthrough. He stuck with me like glue after the second trip, and when I went into the garage the next time, he went in with me. As I exhaled the smoke from my purple haze, he did everything he could to deliberately inhale as much as he possibly could, nose up in the air, audibly sniffing everything he could. I was kinda shocked, and then pretty damn impressed. With the following exhalations, I slowly and gently targeted his face so that he could get more of the smoky good stuff. He'd smile and kiss and nudge/nuzzle on me to indicate his thanks.

Over the two years where I regularly partook, this was our garage ritual. We'd smoke, and then go back into the house to watch TV, play Nintendo, and share junk food. I still love the memory of that happy, hazy smile in his eyes..

This story is pretty awesome lol

totowhoa

Banned
Hey guys, quick question!

I'm graduating from college in May. So I've got to quit smoking. I originally was planning on quitting at the end of January so that I wouldn't get bit by any 90 day hair follicle drug tests. I didn't consider that I could possibly get hired on at a job mid-semester.. does this happen much outside of internships that you get hired on at, and if so do you get the drug test done right away? I might just quit now (well, once I'm out again) to be safe. I know I could put off a drug test for maybe two weeks (due to school, work, busy schedule, etc) but probably not for too long before it started sounding fishy :p

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

I'm graduating from college in May. So I've got to quit smoking. I originally was planning on quitting at the end of January so that I wouldn't get bit by any 90 day hair follicle drug tests. I didn't consider that I could possibly get hired on at a job mid-semester.. does this happen much outside of internships that you get hired on at, and if so do you get the drug test done right away? I might just quit now (well, once I'm out again) to be safe. I know I could put off a drug test for maybe two weeks (due to school, work, busy schedule, etc) but probably not for too long before it started sounding fishy :p

You would never be able to put off drug test for a company, they intend for you to take it as soon as they ask you to take it. I hated having to quit smoking when searching for a job, I quit for four months because I didn't have a job yet.

Anyways, I'm cool right now, munching on a couple of these:

DeliMex-Taquitos.jpg

zerotol

Banned

I've never heard of anyone getting a hair follicle test for a job. Urine tests, yeah. But I stopped smoking 10 years ago, so maybe things are different now. Jeez, that must suck.

aznpxdd

I've been waking and baking for the last 3 days and going to work (since end of the world and all that =P), and I really need to stop. All I do once I get to work is thinking about what to eat for lunch, and I end up eating so much at lunch that I feel like napping in the afternoon.

Though to be fair, I'm the boss, so no one cares in the company...

Ashhong

I've been waking and baking for the last 3 days and going to work (since end of the world and all that =P), and I really need to stop. All I do once I get to work is thinking about what to eat for lunch, and I end up eating so much at lunch that I feel like napping in the afternoon.

Though to be fair, I'm the boss, so no one cares in the company...

What in the world do you do? And can I get a job?

YoungHav

Banned
how is this thread alive? just wondering why the other thread was wiped from existence and this lives? what went on in that other thread?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
We're meant to get randomly tested at work. I've stopped caring as much now anyway so I have a go every now and then.

If you do it every day or a few times a week you're fucked anyway.

aznpxdd

What in the world do you do? And can I get a job?

Sourcing and trading for US/EU importers/distributors.

Funny thing, one of my small side businesses is actually making bags for Mary Jane storage (shipped to US).

Its called stink sack if some of you guys want to check it out, would help my customer out a lot :)

http://www.stink-sack.com/

I can tell you it works awesome, because my customers have balls of steel and actually use these bags to bring the goods all around the world. The first time he pulled out a bag full of grind herb when I went to picked him up in China, I nearly shat my pants. Not that I would recommend carrying anything when traveling...but they do work!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We're meant to get randomly tested at work. I've stopped caring as much now anyway so I have a go every now and then.

If you do it every day or a few times a week you're fucked anyway.

5812_1292874565.jpg

Just buy one of these. Unless your working for the Febs/State where they may pat you down, just tape this to the side of your leg or by your crouch area and whip it out when in the bano. Comes with a heat pad and everything.

It still boggles my mind how alcoholics can get jobs yet if I try some sort of banned substance by a companies rules I'm not able to get a job.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
5812_1292874565.jpg

Just buy one of these. Unless your working for the Febs/State where they may pat you down, just tape this to the side of your leg or by your crouch area and whip it out when in the bano. Comes with a heat pad and everything.

It still boggles my mind how alcoholics can get jobs yet if I try some sort of banned substance by a companies rules I'm not able to get a job.

Yeah my brother uses that stuff. They are pretty chill when you have to piss anyway. Did the doctor medical and closed the door to do my business.

They usually focus on all the burnouts though.

akira28

Thats one of those "why the hell didn't I think of that" type of products. Will check it out.

I would want to test out that stink sack against a drug dog's nose.

er...legal field testing, far away from the eyes of authorities.

how is this thread alive? just wondering why the other thread was wiped from existence and this lives? what went on in that other thread?

keeping things tame now, plus a few things have changed...

JackEtc

So my friend and I convinced this girl that we go to school with to buy us a Magic Flight Launch Box about a week ago.

Oh. My. God. It's the greatest thing ever. It makes stuff last so long, even just a 20 sack lasts FOREVER with it. And you can use it anywhere, which is what's awesome. I'm home for the holidays and I can just sit in my room and hit it, and then go down where my family is and they have no idea. It's fantastic.

genjiZERO

Green Dragon question for anyone who has ever made it. After I decanted the main batch, with the used weed I simply put in in another jar and poured some alcohol in it (I had already baked it so it was activated) and it's been sitting for a few weeks. Anyone know if this'll work?

Ashhong

So my friend and I convinced this girl that we go to school with to buy us a Magic Flight Launch Box about a week ago.

Oh. My. God. It's the greatest thing ever. It makes stuff last so long, even just a 20 sack lasts FOREVER with it. And you can use it anywhere, which is what's awesome. I'm home for the holidays and I can just sit in my room and hit it, and then go down where my family is and they have no idea. It's fantastic.

Wait, you had someone buy it for you? How did you manage that shit

Surface of Me

Entering danger territory.

HiiiLife

Shit I think I'm turning into a lightweight. I was smoking a bowl with my friends and I damn near fell asleep on my fifth/sixth hit.

I was sleepy as shit, couldn't keep my eyes open if my life depended on it.

That and I damn near pissed on myself. Lol. Way too clumsy when I'm stoned.

HiiiLife

And I also fell down completely. That's never happened before. Thank goodness I was stoned cause I didn't feel a thing when I hit the tile.

I'm usually clumsy and giddy when I smoke. Maybe I'll trip over myself sometimes, but collapsing? Nahhhhh.

What's happening to me? Lol.

I need to take it easy.

JackEtc

Entering danger territory.

What? I'm guessing you're referring to the being around my family high part. Lol, obviously I don't go down there and hang with them all the time when high, but I can pop down really quick if, say, I need to get a snack or something, and nobody notices/smells it.

Wait, you had someone buy it for you? How did you manage that shit

I go to a private college were there's a lot of kids from wealthy families who have parents that pay for whatever they buy. Combine that with the fact that this girl wants it from my friend and I, and poof, free MFLB.

We also said we'd smoke (vape?) her up for free whenever she wants if we're using it, but the box saves so much bud that it's barely a loss to us. Worth it.

A few weeks ago I went to my local five guys and about 6 of the employees were hanging out behind the building with two casually dressed guys. I saw a lit cigarette being passed around and I realized no one passes around a lit cigarette in such a large group.

Later after ordering about half of them came in from their "break" and looked relaxed and blissful. My order was prepared perfectly, but the people inside were not among the group in the back. The crazy thing about it was the back of the restaurant can easily be seen from the highway where dozens of cars are passing by frequently at about 30 feet away.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
may need to pick up some blue cheese and join in this thread.

Not tonight though, Chilling with some buds tonight. (Can't drive to get weed, well i could but i'm not a life risking jerk.)

braves01

Banned
What? I'm guessing you're referring to the being around my family high part. Lol, obviously I don't go down there and hang with them all the time when high, but I can pop down really quick if, say, I need to get a snack or something, and nobody notices/smells it.

The danger is you got a girl buying you things. She wants to ride the d. And now you are obligated to give it to her. That could be an issue or a total non-issue depending on the girl. Good luck.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just got a quarter ounce of Colorado medicinal, my new portable vape, and almost two weeks off for the holidays. I'm happy.

Surface of Me

I've been getting high everyday for about the past week, I think its cause I just got outta school. I always say not today, but then it gets late and I say fuck it.

Surface of Me

That's EXACTLY what's been happening to me!

I doubt it will continue once the new semester begins, so I'm just going to ride it out for now. The other day when my dad went out I got a good afternoon high going, that was nice.

TUROK

I'm thinking about smoking by myself. I don't wanna start freaking the fuck out tho haha. I Always over think shit and then someone says something funny and we all laugh. But if I'm alone I might over think to much.
I got high by myself today for the first time. I almost thought myself to death. I was trying to rationalize EVERYTHING that entered my mind, but my thoughts faded in and out so it was difficult.

It was pretty fucking cool, but at the same time it was just way too much thinking.

Mr.Fresh

I got high by myself today for the first time. I almost thought myself to death. I was trying to rationalize EVERYTHING that entered my mind, but my thoughts faded in and out so it was difficult.

It was pretty fucking cool, but at the same time it was just way too much thinking.

Lmaoo I did the same thing then I put Good Kid Maad City on and I zoned out to the whole album . About to wake and bake now.

Top Bottom