• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

just ordered some sour gummy bear edibles from the local delivery.. never had edibles before should I just eat 1?

sorry 10 mg a piece I'm a newb

____

just ordered some sour gummy bear edibles from the local delivery.. never had edibles before should I just eat 1?

How much do you smoke? Like how often and what are you used to?

I am a heavy smoker and tried the gummies for the first time recently. 10mg did nothing and I felt like I wasted my money. Tried again and nothing. Then I thought about it in terms of how much money would it cost to get high if I were smoking bud and decided to take 50mg (approx. $10 worth of the package since it cost me about $20 for 100mg) the next day and then I started to feel something and got dumb high.

DirtyLarry

Yes, try 1 first to see how you adapt. That is my suggestion.
Edibles, at least for myself, are a completely different experience.

With that said 10 mg is a fairly light dose for sure. I am real cool with 2 15 mg edibles myself, like that is my limit, but my one friend eats 5 of them and still functions, albeit he is clearly out of his mind.

I do believe edibles are very much different people have different tolerance.

So that is why I suggest 1 first. See how you handle it, how you like it, etc.
Also keep in mind, I have had edibles take anywhere from 15 minutes to kick in to 2 hours. So yeah, do not go popping a bunch of them just because you do not feel it right away.

Basically the best advice I can give is treat your first experience with them as you figuring out what dosage you agree with. I am a big fan of less is more initially, as if there is one thing you do not want to experience with edibles, it is eating too much.

A poster above mentioned it felt like acid, and I will say I have had edibles that felt very close to shrooms myself. Very close. In fact I had to miss A Tribe Called Quest in their hey day as I went too far with edibles and bugged the fuck out (it was a massive crowd and that is what ultimately sent me over the edge), and I still regret it to this day and no doubt blame the fact I was just tripping my balls off.

Ate several grams of kratom, kava, and blue lotus + wine (legal trifecta).

I also twisted a Garcia Vega to the head. Unfortunately, if I wanna do some edibles, I have to Betty Crocker that shit myself. It's easy enough, though.

Wolfe

It was unlike acid for an hour after I made that post in that I could not stop throwing up but I felt much better afterwards lol.

Damn lol, I definitely wasn't thinking about negative effects like that at the time, glad to hear it got better.

To be honest though I could only eat two of those black bars before the taste started to make me gag to the point that I can't eat them anymore. The pot taste is just too strong and it doesn't agree with me, I definitely prefer homemade stuff at this point when it comes to edibles.

Ashhong

I can't NOT feel sleepy when high. Doesn't matter the strain. All I want to do if I smoke is close my eyes. Doesn't even have to be sleep, but I just want to relax and do nothing. Makes it really hard to smoke with friends. Used to take a vape to concerts but now I don't even enjoy it because I just want to sit.

Any ideas ?

I can't NOT feel sleepy when high. Doesn't matter the strain. All I want to do if I smoke is close my eyes. Doesn't even have to be sleep, but I just want to relax and do nothing. Makes it really hard to smoke with friends. Used to take a vape to concerts but now I don't even enjoy it because I just want to sit.

Any ideas ?

I find that a cup of good coffee has a nice synergy with it. It's probably not advisable to add a caffeine habit into the mix, but I find it's helpful.

Could also just do less. I think people have a habit of dosing too hard esp. when with friends. You might be surprised how little you actually need.

Ashhong

I find that a cup of good coffee has a nice synergy with it. It's probably not advisable to add a caffeine habit into the mix, but I find it's helpful.

Could also just do less. I think people have a habit of dosing too hard esp. when with friends. You might be surprised how little you actually need.

It's hard to do less lol. I have a pretty low tolerance. One hit from my bong will do it. I just thought sativa was supposed to keep you a bit more active and social but nope...

It's hard to do less lol. I have a pretty low tolerance. One hit from my bong will do it. I just thought sativa was supposed to keep you a bit more active and social but nope...

Yeah I have a low tolerance too even after many years. One big rip off of anything turns me all jelly headed. I never understood how some people appear sober when ripped.

I personally consider bongs to be hardcore. It's easy to take big lung busting blasts and overdo it. I prefer blunts as they can be rolled thin and dosing is more gradual. The tobacco helps stimulate, but it's a terrible habit to get into.

If you're coughing from your hits, you might try softer pulls.

Anyone have some recommendations for a vape pen or whatever? I have a white Bloom pen but it's pretty cheap and I've been having lots of trouble with it recently. It gets plugged up more often than not and it becomes nearly impossible to take a hit off it.

Anyone have some recommendations for a vape pen or whatever? I have a white Bloom pen but it's pretty cheap and I've been having lots of trouble with it recently. It gets plugged up more often than not and it becomes nearly impossible to take a hit off it.

I'm a noob when it comes to vaping, but I recently bought a Pax 3. It looks like this (not mine obviously):

pax-3-best-price-1024x576.jpg

It seems to be sturdy, and works well. I like it because it's appearance is inconspicuous imo.

mattm025

Don't know much about any of this. If I wanted to get a medical card (California), is the going price for a consultation about $40-$50? There's some local places that do it for $50 but I've seen a website pricing an over the phone consultation at $40.

Any ideas ?

Do you take any medications? I've gotten really sleepy when high while on medication.

It seems like I get higher quicker when I vape at a low temperature and then smoke the ABV, vs just vaping or just smoking. Is there a reason, or am I imagining things? Well, I'm pretty fucking high right now so my imagination is pretty good.

Chuckl3s

Quick question....are Moon Rocks worth it? There is a dispensary that has a promo for $23 a gram over their normal of 30 a gram.

And what is the best way to smoke them? Bong?

Any ideas ?

this is the case for me as well.. why I can only smoke before bed

which is ok with me since that was a big reason for getting into weed

edibles don't seem to make me tired but I haven't had a large dose yet

also I take anti depressant medication so that may be affecting it

Ashhong

Do you take any medications? I've gotten really sleepy when high while on medication.

Nope no medication. It’s not even that I get sleepy, it’s that I prefer to close my eyes and feel the pleasure. Hard to explain

In LA for a week, what's the deal here?

It's legal but you still need a card to buy from dispensary?

Yea we don’t have recreational shops until 2018. It’s legal to possess it though. There are some shops that will let you buy if you sign a paper that states you have a rec but forgot it at home or something. Shady

Flo_Evans

Nope no medication. It’s not even that I get sleepy, it’s that I prefer to close my eyes and feel the pleasure. Hard to explain

Yea we don’t have recreational shops until 2018. It’s legal to possess it though. There are some shops that will let you buy if you sign a paper that states you have a rec but forgot it at home or something. Shady

Hmm did some research and it seems like you can get a doctor rec even as a non-resident but some dispensaries only take CA ids.

My cousin lives here and has a card so they can hook me up, but I've always wanted to just walk into a store and buy something.

Last time I was in Colorado it was the same thing. Medical for residents only, come back next year lol.

Edit: called a "doctor" and got a recommendation letter. Time to go shopping!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Here in Denver and we got some edibles at the store by our hotel... wow. The gummies had us up a wall. How do people bring this stuff back home. Is the airport strict with it?

____

Here in Denver and we got some edibles at the store by our hotel... wow. The gummies had us up a wall. How do people bring this stuff back home. Is the airport strict with it?

I was there in April and they really didn't give a fuck about searching anything. They did have dogs there that sniffed around but I'm certain they were bomb sniffing since they walked the dog past me I had a carry on bookbag with several packages of edibles.

I wouldnt be blatant about it, I did take the packaging off to be safer but literally nobody checked. There seemed to be no extra concern outside of normal airport procedures.

Ashhong

Hmm did some research and it seems like you can get a doctor rec even as a non-resident but some dispensaries only take CA ids.

My cousin lives here and has a card so they can hook me up, but I've always wanted to just walk into a store and buy something.

Last time I was in Colorado it was the same thing. Medical for residents only, come back next year lol.

Edit: called a "doctor" and got a recommendation letter. Time to go shopping!

Ah yea, it was super easy to get my rec too. Some stores require a physical rec that u would need from the mail for your first visit. But I'm sure there are plenty that don't care

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Take it out of the bag and mix it with some other candy.

Or if you're traveling with a woman, have her hide it in a pad or tampon.

I was there in April and they really didn't give a fuck about searching anything. They did have dogs there that sniffed around but I'm certain they were bomb sniffing since they walked the dog past me I had a carry on bookbag with several packages of edibles.

I wouldnt be blatant about it, I did take the packaging off to be safer but literally nobody checked. There seemed to be no extra concern outside of normal airport procedures.

Thanks for this.... mixed it in with sweet tart gummies and put it in our checked luggage. I have priority VIP and my luggage usually comes out first. Today it didn't when we landed and we thought we were caught lol.

Everything worked out. Thanks again

Goofalo

Girl Scout Cookies is no joke.

And for some reason I thought smoking Sour Diesel would take the edge off.

I'm am very high.

I managed to get some Blue Dream and Korova black bars. This has never happened to me I wanted to see if anybody had any info. I've been smoking excessively recently, several times a day. Now when I light a bowl, I feel nothing, no high whatsoever. Is it my tolerance that has shot up? Is it the smoking method? I smoke out of a pipe. Is it that I got a bad batch? Any info would be great.

I managed to get some Blue Dream and Korova black bars. This has never happened to me I wanted to see if anybody had any info. I've been smoking excessively recently, several times a day. Now when I light a bowl, I feel nothing, no high whatsoever. Is it my tolerance that has shot up? Is it the smoking method? I smoke out of a pipe. Is it that I got a bad batch? Any info would be great.

Hard to give an accurate answer w/o knowing more specifics. But yes, excessive smoking and esp. consuming edibles can send your tolerance sky rocketing. You're likely getting lit, but are accustomed to the feeling as "normal". I recommend a tolerance break of at least a few days to see if that improves things. And when you start up again, try a slower pace. Imo, it's possible to partake regularly and still get nice each time.

If you're using for medical reasons, consult with your Dr. first.

Futureman

If it's the first bowl you smoke that day you should DEFINITELY be getting high. I've been smoking for 10+ years nearly every day and the first bowl gets me super high still. Actually all I take are two little hits and I'm still well taken care of ha.

Once per day is usually all I smoke anymore. But every now and then if I keep smoking throughout the day then yea, you don't really get much higher each time. Just kinda sustain it and in my case get sleepy.

I'm asking my GF to marry me soon which means a kid can't be too far away. I'll probably barely smoke anymore if I have a kid... Gonna miss it.

Flo_Evans

Ah back to reality. I really hope my stupid state gets with the program. Was pretty amazing to just be able to walk into a store and get whatever the hell I wanted.

I did find a local source of cold pressed concentrate though that makes me pretty happy.

I am switching from cigs to vaping nicotine and didn't want to burn weed either.

Goldboy

Just went to look for a joint that I lost somewhere in my car and ended up finding two joints that I'd apparently lost in there in the past couple weeks, neither of which were the joint I was actually looking for.

____

Thanks for this.... mixed it in with sweet tart gummies and put it in our checked luggage. I have priority VIP and my luggage usually comes out first. Today it didn't when we landed and we thought we were caught lol.

Everything worked out. Thanks again

No prob. Haha, that late luggage would've had me sweating a little.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Man...Pot withdrawals are a bitch.

I understand it's nothing compared to alcohol, opiates etc... but fuck me am I ever irritable lately. Trouble sleeping, annoyed at everything, like no appetite, depressed.

Fuck this.

Top Bottom