• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director talks side missions, dynamic weather, story choices and more

xviper

When they announced the game i was a little bit hyped, then i remember who is making it, yikes, but i still had hopes

Then they showed that generic, boring gameplay trailer and i was certain, this is Days gone 2.0

When they announced the game i was a little bit hyped, then i remember who is making it, yikes, but i still had hopes

Then they showed that generic, boring gameplay trailer and i was certain, this is Days gone 2.0

lets be honest, with these kind of posts its obvious you never even bought and played days gone.

There is nothing remotely the same other than its an open world game.

xviper

lets be honest, with these kind of posts its obvious you never even bought and played days gone.

There is nothing remotely the same other than its an open world game.
I have bought and played Days Gone, and it was a very awful game.

When i said GOT is Days Gone 2.0, i wasn't applying that they are similar games, i'm applying that they are both mediocre at best and GOT is Sony's new boring open world game.

The gameplay of GOT is very normal, nothing special at ALL, yet you see a lot of people excited for it, this is why companies in this decade are focusing much more on graphics than gameplay, it's what got most of you hyped, that and of course the holy "PS Exclusive" logo.

yurinka

I have bought and played Days Gone, and it was a very awful game.
Days Gone is not a very awful game. It's good but not masterpiece game, a 7/10 or 8/10 game. Regarding GoT, I expect it to be a 8.0/10 or 8.5/10 game.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Metatron breaks down the historical acuracies and inaccuracies of the last state of play.

Combat seems to be from later Edo period.... blade should be pointed down when sheathed. Armor seems accurate. The movement to clean the blade after a kill is a later creation, not done in combat.

Topography, flora and fauna impresses him with great accuracy there.

kuncol02

Banned
When they announced the game i was a little bit hyped, then i remember who is making it
I almost skipped Spiderman, because for some reason I was sure it was Sucker Punch game. Infamous is most boring open world game I can think of. Anyway Ghost looks as bad as Infamous and I wonder since first trailer what people see in it that i can't.

turtlepowa

Banned
I almost skipped Spiderman, because for some reason I was sure it was Sucker Punch game. Infamous is most boring open world game I can think of. Anyway Ghost looks as bad as Infamous and I wonder since first trailer what people see in it that i can't.
It's an exclusive. That's more than enough for some people to love it. Personally i think it's an interesting setting, but too much Assassins Creed for me.

GymWolf

that’s exactly what I want to hear. I really hope there is BOTW level of exploration. Idk if my hype can get any higher for this game.
Please no, i don't wanna explore jist to find breakable weapons, korok seeds and samey shrines.

I hope it is the opposite of botw with real diversified contenent and not copy past uninteresting stuff...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Game could be the baddest game ever, the atmosphere, the electricity etc. Ghost of Tsushima is bringing a lot to the PS4.

Arkam

Please no, i don't wanna explore jist to find breakable weapons, korok seeds and samey shrines.

I hope it is the opposite of botw with real diversified contenent and not copy past uninteresting stuff...

That I agree with 100%. But what I meant by "exploration" was how most of the fun (for me) was scaling mountains, crossing wide rivers and such. You know, seeing something in the distance and having to figure out how the hell to get there. Unlike say RDR2 where it pretty much gives you a path to where you need to go.

GymWolf

That I agree with 100%. But what I meant by "exploration" was how most of the fun (for me) was scaling mountains, crossing wide rivers and such. You know, seeing something in the distance and having to figure out how the hell to get there. Unlike say RDR2 where it pretty much gives you a path to where you need to go.
There is a shitton of easter eggs and sidequest to find in rdr2 dude, some of them are far more organic and hided than anything in zelda botw, just search for the vampire quest or the guy who keeps another guy trapped in his house...
That game is only disgustingly scripted during the missions, but the open world is full of stuff to find, and it is only unique stuff except some scripted events like the guy with the snake bite.

I finished being excited for the exploration in zelda the moment i realized that you only find the same useless things over and over again, so around 15-20 hours, i don't even know how i arrived at 40 hours with that game before bailing out...

Last edited:

Arkam

There is a shitton of easter eggs and sidequest to find in rdr2 dude, some of them are far more organic and hided than anything in zelda botw, just search for the vampire quest or the guy who keeps another guy trapped in his house...

I finished being excited for the exploration in zelda the moment i realized that you only find the same useless things over and over again, so around 15-20 hours, i don't even know how i arrived at 40 hours with that game before bailing out...

Yea but in RDR2 you cant walk up a steep angled hill let along scale the side of a mountain. Would feel off if a ninja cant cope with a little incline. Another good one on terrain exploration was Death Stranding.

GymWolf

Yea but in RDR2 you cant walk up a steep angled hill let along scale the side of a mountain. Would feel off if a ninja cant cope with a little incline. Another good one on terrain exploration was Death Stranding.
Dude don't expect for tsushima to have the same free form climbing of botw, last 2 ac games or death stranding.

The game is gonna have a mix of fixed point for the grappling hook like sekiro and some yellow tinted stuff where you can climb like horizon, don't get your expectations too high for this particular aspect.

Last edited:

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
Even for a PR talk it doesnt sound that amazing. I hardly doubt the side quest will be amazing and I'm pretty sure half the game will involve busy work type of exploration. I'm still day one on this but you guys should lower your expectations. The devs track record isnt amazing to begin with and just because its set in Japan doesnt mean its insta great.

True (y)

IamOnline4Real

owns Galaxy Brain. Still shrink wrapped.
Matter of tastes.

A lot of people love both infamous or sly cooper.

They are not top 3 tier but surely on the same level of 343, coalition, ninja theory, insomniac etc. Etc. Etc.

That's what I meant, just average, hopefully this game will put them on the map of greatness, but so far I haven't played a game from them where I was blown away.

GymWolf

That's what I meant, just average, hopefully this game will put them on the map of greatness, but so far I haven't played a game from them where I was blown away.
Well yeah people expectations is that tsushima is gonna propel them to the top tier devs.

I'm not really that optimistic but i liked their past game a lot, more than some other AAA more famous developers.

And it's factually true that they neved made a "bad game", even from software or naughty dog or bungie have some hilariously bad titles in their portfolio.

Top Bottom