• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima -The Ghost | PS4

Stuart360

The little bit of gameplay from 3:51 to 3:57 doesn't look that hot to me, plenty of aliasing and pop-in. So is this like a Souls style game?, i havent been following it.

The little bit of gameplay from 3:51 to 3:57 doesn't look that hot to me, plenty of aliasing and pop-in. So is this like a Souls style game?, i havent been following it.

They have very similar Ninja game and 2nd part coming out I believe..just can't remember the name for the life of me. (Nancyioh, or Nikishio..dunno🤭)

But yeah, I need to slow down purchasing anything this gen, no point unless a AAA in the likes of CyberPunk and TLOU2 because i just can't wait for these 2, everything else PS5/Scarlet. 🤜🤛

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I enjoyed most Sucker Punch's games even Second Son, IMO weakest inFaMOUS still was tons of fun to play, I trust give me fun gameplay with this, assuming they wont go RDR2 route.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
e4SyNN9.gif

rPlipGY.gif

P5G9fc0.gif

ovZHuku.gif

rx63S6w.gif

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Combat and environments look incredible, really stunning. I just want loads of armor and weapon customization. Maybe a cool bossfight in the next trailer? Anyway it's a day 1 CE for me.

Kagey K

Banned
Been sold on this from day one and this trailer only reinforces that. Depending on the PS5's backwards compatibility I definitely moght wait until Christmas to get it though.
As a serious question is there a Sony game you haven’t been sold on from the first trailer or even Title announcement?

Last edited:

FranXico

As a serious question is there a Sony game you haven’t been sold on from the first trailer or even Title announcement?
As a serious question is there a Sony game you haven’t been cynical about from the first trailer or even Title announcement?

Porcile

Looks like they wanted to make a Akira Kurosawa movie but made a wuxia movie instead without realising. Looks kind of cool but stylistically it's totally off.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
As a serious question is there a Sony game you haven’t been cynical about from the first trailer or even Title announcement?
God of War. I bought my PS3 because of this title.

Any other questions?

My PSN is Kageyk I dint know if it’s still active, since it’s been a really long time since I used it, but I can hook it all up and sign in if you want to verify.

I’m not a hypocrite, I actually try to play most of the games I love or hate.

Last edited:

nowhat

Looks like they wanted to make a Akira Kurosawa movie but made a wuxia movie instead without realising. Looks kind of cool but stylistically it's totally off.
I think this was just put together as a more cinematic trailer reel, more "Hollywoody" if you will. The gameplay footage that was released at... E3 2018? showed much more classic/Kurosawa-esque samurai combat. But we'll see.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Another boring sony first party, story heavy walking simulator. I bet this will be just like sekiro, but with bad gameplay and prettier graphics.

I like how inherently well coordinated and so on message the trolling is, the power of slogans... marvellous. Boring, story heavy (as a negative, of course 😂), walking simulator (Sony first party + hyped title + the character also walks == walking simulator == horrible... the math is super sound here :rolleyes:)... all the hot terms are in there.

Cannot wait for your similar hit take in the Hellblade II thread or your explanation of how, after watching the trailer for both games, you are able to say one is a walking sim and the other isn’t.

Last edited:

nowhat

the game looks amazing, will i have to double dip?
You mean get a PS5 version too? By all accounts you should be able to play this on PS5.

Now whether there will be a "remaster", I don't see that happening, given this releases so close to PS5. What will be more interesting is whether there'll be "PS5 patches" (like Pro patches). I doubt we'll see that many of them from third parties, but hopefully first-party studios deliver.

SLB1904

Banned
I like how inherently well coordinated and so on message the trolling is, the power of slogans... marvellous. Boring, story heavy (as a negative, of course 😂), walking simulator (Sony first party + hyped title + the character also walks == walking simulator == horrible... the math is super sound here :rolleyes:)... all the hot terms are in there.

Cannot wait your similar hit take in the Hellblade II thread or reading how you see the trailer for both games and one is a walking sim and the other isn’t.
The fact that thus game got more reactions then the xbox reveal should say something

Porcile

I think this was just put together as a more cinematic trailer reel, more "Hollywoody" if you will. The gameplay footage that was released at... E3 2018? showed much more classic/Kurosawa-esque samurai combat. But we'll see.

I mean visually it looks like a Chinese wuxia movie rather than a classic Japanese samurai movie to me.

Kagey K

Banned
God of War. I bought my PS3 because of this title.

Any other questions?

My PSN is Kageyk I dint know if it’s still active, since it’s been a really long time since I used it, but I can hook it all up and sign in if you want to verify.

I’m not a hypocrite, I actually try to play most of the games I love or hate.
In Sekiro I can walk as well, I guess that makes Sekiro walking simulation as well.
Tell me about how many hours have you played Sekiro and how many hours have you played Ghosts?

They showed us what they wanted us to see, and it was horseback riding and walking.

I didn’t make that video, so don’t come at me.

nowhat

I mean visually it looks like a Chinese wuxia movie rather than a classic Japanese samurai movie to me.
Ah, I thought you meant the combat. I kinda agree, but as said, the style in the E3 footage was much more "classic". I wouldn't be surprised to see both styles in the final game.

Kagey K

Banned
I could have sworn I saw some combat in there too.
More like finishing moves, and sneak attacks. If there was combat there was less then a few seconds of it.

Measure it out, there was less then 2 and maybe less then 1 sec actual in game combat in that trailer, unless you start counting animations into the kill , combat.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
More like finishing moves, and sneak attacks. If there was combat there was less then a few seconds of it.

Measure it out, there was less then 2 and maybe less then 1 sec actual in game combat in that trailer, unless you start counting animations into the kill , combat.

So the first trailer dont exist anymore?
Be consistent my friend i know its hard for you where the beat thing ms show was next gen gum and a fridge

Top Bottom