• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thread of key begging

Unlocked the TAR and AN-91 (?) the other night. They seem pretty standard.

After having supremely kitted out all of my ARs thus far, I had about 3-4 attachment points per faction left, so I thought I'd just blow them on some ballin' pistols. Yeah, they're relatively useless, but my god, do they look fucking GRAVY with a suppressor and laser sight.

The Gunsmith is just awesome. It's definitely a significant drawcard for me. And as if the unprecedented level of customization wasn't enough, it's implementation is super sleek. Sure, they've gone wrong with a few things in this game, but the Gunsmith definitely isn't one of them.

zlatko

Banned
The fix to spawn camping issues in this game is really simple. Just make it so if there is a lot of people dying trapped in/by spawn, that the teams swap spawns.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
The fix to spawn camping issues in this game is really simple. Just make it so if there is a lot of people dying trapped in/by spawn, that the teams swap spawns.

This would create a bigger problem, some matches a team will have the first two objectives begin on their side of the map...if they start spawn camping while taking those objectives they will then be rewarded by the spawn switch when the other objectives start popping up on what is now their new side of the map.

Out of curiosity, what's the best score you've managed in a round? I pulled 24,000 on Mill the other night with 15 kills and 5 deaths; the next best score sat at a respectable 12,000. I was off-dicks awesome that night. Good fun.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Out of curiosity, what's the best score you've managed in a round? I pulled 24,000 on Mill the other night with 15 kills and 5 deaths; the next best score sat at a respectable 12,000. I was off-dicks awesome that night. Good fun.

Hard to tell, did they raise how much xp the player receives through out the beta? I noticed once the new gametype was available I was getting 600xp for intel assist with my drone...wasn't that high when the beta started.

Highest I have gotten was around 28,000, had 26 teamwork actions that round. I was proud.

Marleyman

Banned
I enjoyed GRAW2 but couldn't get into this as much. Crippling lag, overpowered grenades, choppy animations..I am going to be on Max Payne 3 but appreciate the title itself; it just isn't going to be my primary game for the time being.

chixdiggit

Oh wow so there is a PC beta now. How did that happen? I didn't think there was going to be one. Anyone looking for a PC invite?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
FragDolls: "So, how about some female skins?"
Redstorm: "I suppose you want pink guns too?"

Classy.

Well, in his defense there is supposed to be a sort of realism/believably to the game and there are no female special forces (at least in U.S military). So female skins wouldn't fit in with the fiction.

Oh wow so there is a PC beta now. How did that happen? I didn't think there was going to be one. Anyone looking for a PC invite?

im pretty sure there is no PC beta for Future Soldier.

I think are confusing it with the F2P "Ghost Recon: Online" which has been running a Beta for awhile. Both games are pretty similar, and lots of sites and people online have made the same mistake.

So female skins wouldn't fit in with the fiction.

Sure, but to dismiss it with a shot at pink guns? I will grant that this crew seems to like pink, but the women I know who play shooters aren't big fans of the colour.

I just felt it really jarring and a short explanation that their were no women currently in the US Special Forces* would have been better.

*or any infantry, right? That is different from many nations' forces.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sure, but to dismiss it with a shot at pink guns? I will grant that this crew seems to like pink, but the women I know who play shooters aren't big fans of the colour.

I just felt it really jarring and a short explanation that their were no women currently in the US Special Forces* would have been better.

*or any infantry, right? That is different from many nations' forces.

Yeah, in the U.S Women aren't even allowed in the Infantry.

Top Bottom