• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Beta Thread

Finally played through the Beta off of the Igavania hype (the hunger is real). At first the game felt decent enough but appeared to be nothing special gameplay-wise. Then the first upgrade ended up being
an air dash
followed by
quad jump
. Hat's off to you, Jobbs. Amazing stuff, really looking forward to the full game and glad I backed it on KS.

Jobbs

Banned
Finally played through the Beta off of the Igavania hype (the hunger is real). At first the game felt decent enough but appeared to be nothing special gameplay-wise. Then the first upgrade ended up being
an air dash
followed by
quad jump
. Hat's off to you, Jobbs. Amazing stuff, really looking forward to the full game and glad I backed it on KS.

thank you :)

there's actually some subtlety to the
air jump system-- you normally get three air hops, but if you dash and then hit the jump button again about .1 sec later, you get a "freebie" extra jump.

This comes in handy later when you get the
multidash ability which lets you dash through enemies to recharge your dash move without touching the ground, so you can chain together long series' of dashes and cross great distances if the enemy placements are there.

Other upgrades bring other effects when dashing through enemies, too, but you'll see that stuff for yourself when you eventually play the retail game.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
wow someone posted. XD I'm flattered, awesome. But yeah, I'm still alive!
I think it's one of the coolest-looking games I've ever seen, so I definitely like keeping an eye on it.

Also "DelectableNiftyAssassinbug" is the perfect name for the neon stalkers in this .gif.

Looks fantastic, lots of great ideas.

For sure, there's some really interesting gameplay in that clip.

Jobbs

Banned
Looks fantastic, lots of great ideas.

I think it's one of the coolest-looking games I've ever seen, so I definitely like keeping an eye on it.

Also "DelectableNiftyAssassinbug" is the perfect name for the neon stalkers in this .gif.

For sure, there's some really interesting gameplay in that clip.

Thanks so much guys. :)

It's always a challenge trying to keep things fresh with new things to do. One of the biggest challenges. I tend to think of ways to engage the player in a slightly different way in each new area, even if it's mostly superficial, it helps keep it interesting.

The coolest things in the lab I didn't show in the video (trying to exercise restraint).

Posted in the other thread... with like one other person (what's wrong with this place) but just wanted to say how blown away I've been by the recent updates. Couldn't care less when this comes out as long as it's amazing when it does. Nothing has shaken my confidence that it won't be!

Was going through my Steam Library; huh, forgot about the Ghost Song beta.

20 minutes later (+ checking out those fantastic new gameplay videos)...Ghost Song preordered

I absolutely can't wait to play the finished game.

Jobbs

Banned
Was going through my Steam Library; huh, forgot about the Ghost Song beta.

20 minutes later (+ checking out those fantastic new gameplay bodies)...Ghost Song preordered

I absolutely can't wait to play the finished game.

So you played the beta? It's a bit weird to look at it at this point, from my perspective, because it's so dated! But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you!

Posted in the other thread... with like one other person (what's wrong with this place) but just wanted to say how blown away I've been by the recent updates. Couldn't care less when this comes out as long as it's amazing when it does. Nothing has shaken my confidence that it won't be!

The last few videos up on youtube are looking amazing. Keep up the excellent work, looking forward to release.

You guys are very kind, thank you. I sure hope the game doesn't disappoint.

amigastar

Game came out and it's good, very good actually.
It's on Game Pass too, I'm sure gonna install it.
I've waited for the game since 2014

Last edited:
Top Bottom