• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters character vignettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdPizza

Banned
Leslie Jones has more lines in these trailers than poor Ernie Hudson had in all of the original Ghostbusters it seems.

I totally think this movie looks rad, and fun. I love the cast, and the director has a good track record. This vingenttes are pretty strong, i enjoyed the Chris Hemsworth one when it was released a few weeks (months?) back.

The trailers have been weak, i'll admit, but the response to this movie has just been so... vile. (in general, not in reference to this thread)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Cast (new, old, and Ray Parker Jr.) on Kimmel tonight

CkZbItIUYAAIQL5.jpg:large

I totally think this movie looks rad, and fun. I love the cast, and the director has a good track record. This vingenttes are pretty strong, i enjoyed the Chris Hemsworth one when it was released a few weeks (months?) back.

The trailers have been weak, i'll admit, but the response to this movie has just been so... vile. (in general, not in reference to this thread)

People are really attached to the original and with the trailers so far..doesn't surprise me really.

Leslie Jones: "Abby is probably my favorite character because that was the character I was supposed to play until Paul decided I needed to be Patty."

RangerX

Banned
I'm just not feeling the humour. It doesn't bode well that I haven't liked a single Feig film I've seen. The ladies are doing great with what they have.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
kevin is really the only thing that looks good in the movie, but maybe that's because i hate women.

i also do not like that there is a "joke" where a woman punches a man in the face.

In.

Is the new song available? Someone wrote Fall Out Boy but I thought it sounded like a woman which made sense in keeping with the gender switch.

I want to hear it no matter.

Dalek

Kate McKinnon looks great in this.

Also I'm pretty sure Patty is going to be my favorite Ghostbuster.

"Don't listen!"
*Kevin covers his eyes*

ExVicis

Alright Ghostbusters, this is better. It's unfortunate there is so much stigma against the movie so if you wanna reverse it stuff like this needs to start coming out.

I was having a hard time pegging what McCarthy's character was so this is a bit appreciated.

thefro

Movie just looks worse with every new bit of media they put out.

Eh, I might watch a movie if the humor was all more like the jokes with Kristin Wiig's character. That was pretty decent, as was a bit of the Hemsworth stuff and one Leslie Jones joke. McCarthy is stuck doing bad Adam Sandler-level humor and ripping off the first movie.

Everything else looked really bad. I like McKinnon's character but I didn't laugh at anything in her vignette.

Bane

Do remakes usually have the director and writer(s) of the original version in he credits?

Also, the new version of the Ghostbusters song is terrible, as I feared when the talent attached to it was announced.

SeanC

Do remakes usually have the director and writer(s) of the original version in he credits?

Depends on the initial deal made in the original and if they are to get credit and fees in perpetuity. A lot of times you'll see writing credits acknowledging the original script with "based on the original screenplay..." etc...

Aykroyd, Ramis, Reitman and Murray all "own" Ghostbusters and they'll get credit as producers in some capacity, Aykroyd, Reitman as EPs. Murray probably doesn't give a shit though but he still has to sign off on it being made and produced.

Bane

Depends on the initial deal made in the original and if they are to get credit and fees in perpetuity. A lot of times you'll see writing credits acknowledging the original script with "based on the original screenplay..." etc...

Aykroyd, Ramis, Reitman and Murray all "own" Ghostbusters and they'll get credit as producers in some capacity, Aykroyd, Reitman as EPs. Murray probably doesn't give a shit though but he still has to sign off on it being made and produced.

Yeah, I've noticed "based on the original screenplay" before but couldn't remember seeing something like how the credits for this have it. I didn't realize they all had that much stake in it.

Also, the new version of the Ghostbusters song is terrible, as I feared when the talent attached to it was announced.

Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd are Producers on the film.

Also, typically the writers of the original films will be credited with a "Based on the concept by..."

SeanC

Yeah, I've noticed "based on the original screenplay" before but couldn't remember seeing something like how the credits for this have it. I didn't realize they all had that much stake in it.

Yeah, I knew Ramis, Reitman and Aykroyd but I listened to an interview with Reitman just this morning and Murray also has an equal stake in the IP and things can only be OKd if all four were on board, which is why previous sequels and stuff never got made because they all couldn't agree on the direction. The studio, Columbia, can't do anything GB related without them.

He told a story about a previous version of another Ghostbusters movie where Venkman dies in the first 20 minutes (they wrote that because they figured thats kind of what he wanted all along) and said it still took six months for Murray to even read the script and even then he rejected it. Then Ramis died and that quieted any discussion of the original team appearing on screen again. Still, they had to OK anything else together and Murray was on board to OK a reboot with this version mostly because he doesn't have to really oversee anything and is only willing to do the cameo.

jstripes

Banned
Nope, it looks like a janky budget fan version of the original.

it doesn't look special at all compared to the original which looked weird as hell in 80's New York.

We're talking about a car from the '50s in '80s New York, and a car from the '80s in '10s New York.

Same time gap there. Same level of "alienness" to today's kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom