• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostheads - A Ghostbusters fandom documentary coming to Netflix (July 15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Lou

Ghostheads is a documentary that explores the extreme side of the Ghostbusters fandom, and looks back at the impact the franchise has had on the world over the past three decades. Through interviews with key cast and crew, including Dan Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman, Ernie Hudson and many more, as well as with Ghostbusters fans all over the world, Ghostheads presents countless humanizing stories that will connect with audiences about comradery, overcoming obstacles, and that no one should ever feel alone or isolated.

Ghostheads will show what really separates a fandom from the rest.

Every Ghosthead is unique. Every Franchise is its own.

It's been over 30 years since Ghostbusters first premiered on the big screen back in 1984, with the film spawning generations of fans all over the world. Our movie captures the magic these movies created by showcasing the fans, and seeing the reactions from the cast and crew involved with the Ghostbusters franchise overall.

It's coming to Netflix tomorrow.

IMDB has the following among others as being involved:

From Ghostbusters 1984
  • Dan Aykroyd
  • Ernie Hudson
  • Ivan Reitman
  • Sigourney Weaver
  • William Atherton
  • Kurt Fuller
  • Violet Ramis
  • Jennifer Runyon
  • Steven Tash

Real Ghostbusters:

• Maurice LaMarche
  • Robin Shelby
  • Dave Coulier

Ghostbusters 2016:

• Paul Feig

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76luljRWITM

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
is it gonna show the people who think the new movie is going to retroactively hurt their childhoods?

You know a documentary on the reaction and all the crap that happened around this movie would be pretty interesting, sad at too :/

Ghostheads?

That's no good.
6jmMk6J.png

Acorn

If this is just a rerun of the arguments of the last year I'm not interested. I know everything I need to about that nonsense.

Sanjuro

So, yeah...

This film made me feel very uncomfortable. Don't get that very often from any sort of media. The people involved were nice and devoted to their passion. I just don't think this film's ambition was to achieve anything other than follow them around for a bit and do a few interviews with the principal members of the original film.

The King of Kong might be my favorite example of this genre. It creates a solid narrative and both pokes a bit of fun and highlights the absurdities that are transpiring.

This is just a mess.

Blue Lou

This is just a mess.

I think that's a fair comment. It's also sad.

The way the New York scenes were shot were almost comedic such as when he was asking everyone if they know a Peter Mosen. Another one was when the guy asked if he could unwrap the 2016 Ecto-1, was told no by someone from Sony and asked again explaining it was his birthday. Then there was a cut and he was standing next to it watching on as it was being uncovered.

Overall, with the exception of the couple, the documentary was a little depressing.

Alphahawk

These type of things always give me pause. Like, I recognize that there is an insane love for these films, but I don't need to see a film explaining that. To be fair though, I've neither watched this or the Back to the Future one.

Sanjuro

I'm not planning on seeing this but I'm sure it's shit.

Just posted this in the Ghostbusters thread. Completely forgot about this moment.

There is a part in the movie where Ray Parker Jr. holds up his phone to the camera and shows off his custom answering machine message song. Something along the lines of "You are you trying to call?". He stated he is the only person in the world with this answering machine message.

-_-

liquidtmd

Banned
Am 45 min in. Fuuuuuckkk this would be hillarious if it wasnt so depressingly sad

I love the originals. The new one is okayish. This doc is...hard work.

I can't wait for two hours of fans telling me what ghostbusters mean to them.

I once watched a Brony documentary where I kept going back and forth between "this guy is secretly trying to just film the extreme shit" to "oh god he's just trying to make a doc on Bronies and everyone that he interviews is fucking insane".

probably spoil every doc but all fandoms are pretty insane.

Not true.

Every fandom has its crazies and extremes. There are people that like Firefly, then there are people that name their fucking newborn Joss. There are people that like comic books, and then there are people that think comics will unlock latent genes in people.

G-Fex

Not true.

Every fandom has its crazies and extremes. There are people that like Firefly, then there are people that name their fucking newborn Joss. There are people that like comic books, and then there are people that think comics will unlock latent genes in people.

fair enough but some fandoms have crazies that far outnumber the non-insane people.

I never saw the trekkie docs I know there's like 2 , I wonder how bad they are.

Sanjuro

fair enough but some fandoms have crazies that far outnumber the non-insane people.

I never saw the trekkie docs I know there's like 2 , I wonder how bad they are.

I think there may be more subject matter. These films can be entertaining and interesting, even with focus on what people may perceive as strange individuals.

NR1

I backed the Kickstarter for this documentary, but honestly after all this crap that has gone on either the new film from both sides, I really don't care much for the fandom anymore. Such a shame too.

I am still looking forward to the other Kickstarter documentary that focuses exclusively on the development and creation of the first 2 films: Cleanin Up the Town: Rememebering the Ghostbusters. Anything that distances the Ghostbusters narrative away from the fandom and new film the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom