• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost'n Goblins Online posted on Steam Greenlight

Tesseract

Banned
7MwpcSy.gif
ERROR
9IV3IdN.gif
RORRE
XhXRmiZ.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179249778

trailer a

trailer b

!sretsnom lufrewop dna ,ynnuf ,lufthgiled htiw selttab yojnE
.tnemnorivne D3 ni sretsnom detaerc ylwen dna dengiseder eht lla dna ,noitcerid yreve ni egnar gnivom dednapxe na ,slliks kcatta didnelps fo yteirav eht htiw ,snoisrev suoiverp eht naht scihparg lausiv suoegrog erom hcum sreffo ENILNO SNILBOG N’STSOHG
.mroftalp gnillorcs-edis a htiw GPR noitca dna yalp-ot-eerf a si ENILNO SNILBOG N’STSOHG
.emag enilno CP a sa kcab si snilboG n' stsohG yradnegel ehT

!snoisses yalp maertseviL MG yb del stneve laiceps dna
,sdnapxe dlrow eht sa snoegnud dna smeti erom ni setadpu tnatsnoC
troppuS ytinummoC

.)elbaliava 1sv1 ro 3sv3( emit a ta sreyalp 6 ot pu fo sehctam ni sdneirf ruoy htiw elttab nac uoy
,snilboG n‘ stsohG lanigiro eht ni nees ton evah uoy taht slliks wen eht lla htiW
tabmoC PVP desaB-llikS

.tsap eht fo segnellahc gnillirht dna gniticxe emas eht uoy evig lliw noisnemiD cinomeD eht ni gniyalP
.yawa efil ruoy sekat hcihw tih dnoces eht litnu thgif llits nac uoy tub
,raewrednu tsuj ,deromranu dna dekan tsomla uoy sekam retsnom a yb tih eno tsuj ,eltit lanigiro eht ekil tsuJ
!noisnemiD cinomeD eht ni segats yrt ot uoy dnemmocer eW
?snilboG n‘ stsohG lanigiro eht fo ytluciffid emertxe eht ssim uoy oD

!snwot ni ezilaicos dna ,slevel terces dna snoegnud dengised yleuqinu erolpxe ot sdneirf htiw pu-ytraP
yalpemaG pO-oC

.nottub kcatta fo hsup eht no slliks-kcatta fo stceffe lausiv suoirav dna emit esnopser tnatsni ylemertxe na sreffo ENILNO SNILBOG N’STSOHG
noitcA gninnutS

.yaw eht no era seirots suoiretsym dna suoromuh dna ,ssecnirp eht eucser ot snigeb yenruoj ruoy dnA
.…amirA deR dellac nomed cinatas a yb deppandik steg modgniK nreS fo ssecnirp eht yad eno ,dlrow eht erahs thgil eht dna krad eht nehw emit a nopu ecnO
ssecnirp eht eucseR ot yenruoJ A

:SERUTAEF YEK

zs5scgL.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, the thumbnail image on the greenlight page really reminds me of Ghosts and Goblins.

Korean MMO boob armour.

JoeInky

Doesn't really look like anything I'd want a GnG game to be, and that remixed music in the trailers is awful.

Still, might be worth trying out, it looks alright for what it is.

Bedlam

Yeah, the thumbnail image on the greenlight page really reminds me of Ghosts and Goblins.
The trailers, unfortunately, not so much.

I'm also not thrilled about the "online"-part.

This is one of these games that should've been left alone. We already have modern versions of G'n'G and they are called Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

ToxicAdam

Oh, it has 'an expanded moving range in every direction'? "Much more gorgeous visual graphics'?

Normally, I am into the non-visual graphics. But I will make an exception.

Sold.

This is a fucking abomination to my rose tinted glasses of this game.

The music has nothing on the original and the art design looks like it's done by an indie team, not capcom.

Thought this was a joke until I clicked on the links.

Devo...

Tesseract

Banned
Oh, it has 'an expanded moving range in every direction'? "Much more gorgeous visual graphics'?

Normally, I am into the non-visual graphics. But I will make an exception.

Sold.

are your no exciting too jump slay ghost goblins within you're underware?

Gameplay is nothing like G'nG.
Wish we got a sequel to Ultimate Ghouls'n Ghosts.

So you've played it? What's with the whole "multiplayer online RPG" talk in those videos? It could be the translation, but as a GnG fan, that confuses me. Does this simply refer to possible co-op play? I'd love another simple, well-made platformer like SGnG or UGnG, but don't want to have to be forced to play co-op. The old games were great fun (in a love/hate kind of way) to try to learn and speedrun.

Volgarr the Viking, from the speedrunning I've seen on SRL, seems to fall into the same vein, but I can't quite warm up to the art. It looks amateurish and flat, whereas the GnG games always looked incredible.

Edit: Jesus, I just now noticed it's F2P, so I'll simply try it for myself. Shame on me for my poor reading skills.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, Capcom + Greenlight = wut?

Both trailers are in Korean (save for some in-game text), so perhaps Capcom is using Greenlight to ascertain whether or not releasing the game in more languages is a worthwhile approach.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This is great news. I love the Ghosts N Goblins franchise.

My only issue is that the characters in GNG Online look so horribly ugly. Other than that, I'm on board!

So, somehow a korean company has turned GnG into some kinda Dragonica-like game?

...I might play it for an hour or so if I get bored lol. Unfortunate that it'll likely become a pay to win grindfest.

Takao

Banned
This isn't a Capcom game. They licensed out the Ghosts'n Goblins IP to a Korean studio for this MMO. It's a similar thing with Rockman Online (RIP) and Monster Hunter Online.

tci

That art style looks like something I fear for every "remake". Might check it out, but it really throws me off..

Top Bottom