• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GI.Biz] Hogwarts Legacy surpasses Elden Ring in UK after 5 weeks

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
872gNBn_d.webp

Shtef

Well deserved. Last year my game of the year was elden ring, this year i think it will be hogwarts. its a great game especially if you are Harry Potter fan.

Patrick S.

Banned
Physical copies of the PS5 deluxe edition are now showing as “permanently sold out” in most German online shops, except one shop that has two copies left for sale, at a bargain €199.99. Crazy.

Last edited:
Physical copies of the PS5 deluxe edition are now showing as “permanently sold out” in most German online shops, except one shop that has two copies left for sale, at a bargain €199.99. Crazy.
I sincerely doubt they will leave money on the table by not ever re-reprinting Deluxe Editions of this game. It will return, possibly in a few months when a new batch is printed to coincide with the PS4/Bone releases.

Patrick S.

Banned
I sincerely doubt they will leave money on the table by not ever re-reprinting Deluxe Editions of this game. It will return, possibly in a few months when a new batch is printed to coincide with the PS4/Bone releases.
Maybe, yeah. In the end, you can just buy the DLC and basically upgrade the regular disc version to the deluxe edition. I just like the green cover art of the deluxe edition more than the regular one haha

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

I still think, in some small way, probably to preserve my sanity, that this article has to be a Trojan horse long game CHECKMATE move against...what, Kotaku? THE FIRST TWO WORDS ARE YIKES Y'ALL. You don't exactly hit all the meme nails on the head in one paragraph including screaming into a pillow without being purposeful.I didn't believe it and I still don't, damn it.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Is there a reason why people care about the UK market specifically?

Because their one of the ONLY markets to release numbers on weekly basis and mostly fall in line with yearly sales from other western regions give or take a few odd examples here and there.

Essentially people care because everyone else wants to keep all the numbers to themselves so they can sell that data off to the highest bidder for use in big data. Essentially you would otherwise have no numbers at all outside of when a publisher or game dev releases it themselves.

Last edited:

belmarduk

Buying a video game = evil

Openly calling for the death of someone = a-ok

This kind of fanatical hatred toward an author is dangerous. Rowling has soon that she recieves many death threats every day from these ghouls. I worry that one of these grotesque ogres will try to kill her. This is not and unreasonable concern when you take into account the attack on Salman Rushdie. This reactionary movement is against free speech and democracy and must be called out for what it is.

Zephyrus0

Banned
And? Star Wars or Marvel games don't always sell well either.

It's still a massive IP and important aspect of the game. Nothing other than the world is special about this game.
You could just say the success of this game was due to being a stunning recreation of the HP world, filled with easter eggs for fans, while having great graphics and gameplay and because it got in a lot of people's view once the crazies started talking about it and making headlines about it.

Zephyrus0

Banned
If the notion that women deserve their sanctuaries where they can feel safe from male predators is a controversial statement, you should really stop for a second and think things through.
I can't be the only one that sees that this has reached the point where you're either a misogynist or a transphobe.

Zephyrus0

Banned
You can wish for the death of a woman and that's ok you but if you say she's hot you're permabanned.
You're permabanned if you even say you'd protect women if you saw them being attacked by men. I should know, because I got perma'd for that.
This was back when those soulless creeps were REEEEAAALLY into Ronda Rousey before... you know...

"Why would you step in?"
"Is this a serious question? Because women are physically weaker and smaller than men on average. What kind of man watches a woman being beat up by another man and do nothing?"

This ban has lived rent free in my head for 6 years.

Well deserved!

Such a better game than that janky shit that doesn’t work it all; enemy attacks that hone in and so-forth. Literally broken gameplay!

Anyway, this isn’t a rant on Elden Ring, rather a celebration of the greatness that is Hogwarts Legacy!

Top Bottom