• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy wins | UK Boxed Charts

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Hogwarts Legacy ends 2023 as the UK’s biggest physical video game.

Here is the GfK Boxed Top Ten for this week ending December 30, 2023:

Last Week. This WeekTitle
1. 3. Hogwarts Legacy
2. 2. Super Mario Bros Wonder
4. 3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
6. 4Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
5. 5Marvel's Spider-Man 2
1. 6EA Sports FC 24
10. 7Grand Theft Auto 5
19. 8Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
8. 9Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
7. 10Nintendo Switch Sports

Last edited:
Hogwarts Legacy ends 2023 as the UK’s biggest physical video game.

It means EA Sports FC 24 was unable to catch Warner Bros' Harry Potter spin-off. Hogwarts Legacy launched in February on PS5, PC and Xbox Series S and X, while EA’s football title landed in September

It is the first time in a decade that EA’s football game, previously operating under the FIFA licence, isn’t the UK’s top boxed game. The last time this happened was in 2013 when Grand Theft Auto 5 took the top spot.
Dayum!

Sw0pDiller

Switch has crazy attachment numbers. I feel switch is the only console that is easaly bought two or maybe three times per household. When you have two kids you just need two systems. And to my knowledge you need two game cartridges to play the same game on both systems. Maybe it's different with digital games?

i've bought two switches (one lite and a normal one) and sold both within a couple of months and i still play my Wii-U but i might just buy a switch 2 next year to play all the games i missed on switch

Ar¢tos

giphy.webp

Crazy sales! It did seem like Zelda was going to overtake it at some point but it ran out of steam after a monster Launch!

Globally it will almost certainly be the biggest traditional priced game this year. Might even be close RDR2 launch year sales!!

Last edited:

Svejk

Gotta say, I never had any interest in HP since the beginning, and still don't, but I've been watching my wife and kids play this and I've been seriously impressed with it. The production value is kinda incredible. Good for Portkey. Obviously talented... funds were not squandered.

I'm never going to forgive those trying to tank a studio in a year of massive layoffs just for being "guilty" of association to a person and viewpoints they didn't come out to support AND ignoring all the inclusive elements they did add. Forget stepping on your own message, they faceplanted on it

Not a Harry Potter gamer, but good to see it still selling well.

Crazy that Mario Kart and GTA5 still keep selling. It gets to a point youd think every gamer has bought 2 or 3 copies of it by now.
New babies are born every year, so new children reach gaming age every year too.

nial

Gold Member
We deserve threads made with much more care, I mean...
Last WeekThis WeekTitle
13Hogwarts Legacy
22Super Mario Bros Wonder
43Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
64Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
55Marvel's Spider-Man 2
16EA Sports FC 24
107Grand Theft Auto 5
198Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
89Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora
710Nintendo Switch Sports
Seriously?