• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI July Cover Revealed: Infamous 2

FrankT

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it our exclusive 10-page story.

After you've satisfied your superhero curiosity, keep flipping those pages to see the issue's line-up of cool features. This month you'll find a column from Irrational Games' Ken Levine, the origins of ClapTrap from Gearbox's hit Borderlands, an interview with Edgar Wright (director of the upcoming movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), and a rundown of bizarre glitches that never made it into finished games.

We've got a ton of previews for big games like Call of Duty: Black Ops, Killzone 3, The Force Unleashed 2, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (including an interview with designer Tetsuya Nomura). You can also read reviews of Green Day: Rock Band, UFC Undisputed 2010, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, and the downloadable Joe Danger.

Keep an eye on your mailboxes and store shelves, because the July issue will be there very soon!

Here's the front cover, showcasing the new design for Cole in Infamous 2...

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/04/july_5F00_cover_5F00_reveal_5F00_9988.aspx

24mvnsl.jpg

xoh92v.jpg

BeeDog

I'll just quote myself from the other topic:

BeeDog said:
What the fuck, who the hell is that? Cole looked perfectly fine in the first game (at least in the comic cutscenes), this is waaaay too big of a departure.

ezekial45

Banned
Well, i can see why they changed the VO for Cole. It looks like they're going for a "Drake-ish" look for him.

Can't wait to see it. I really dug the original.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
offshore said:
Don't Sony want to announce any games at E3?

They're going to announce games much more awesome than Infamous 2/Killzone 3/LittleBigPlanet 2

NOMG! Another PrE3 Sony reveal? What are they sitting on to surprise us at E3? Some killer new IPs? Look what they've already announced in the weeks leading up to E3:

-InFamous 2
-Killzone 3
-LittleBigPlanet 2
-Motorstorm 3 (not yet but we know some website is getting the exclusive on it before E3)

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say we'll probably be seeing Resistance 3 before E3 as well :lol. But hey if this means they are just getting the sequel announcements out of the way for some fresh IPs (SCEE internal studios, Sony Bend, Lightbox, and EatSleepPlay all have games they could announce) to breathe then I'm all for that.

Majine

Banned
I gotta hand it to GI, they make the best covers I've seen. Minimal amounts of text and art on the back.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I like the redesign a lot. Hope that art style carries over at least a little bit into the actual game, too, very slick

Majine

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Well, i can see why they changed the VO for Cole. It looks like they're going for a "Drake-ish" look for him.

Can't wait to see it. I really dug InFamous.
What really? That's gonna be a strange departure from the first game.

ezekial45

Banned
wRATH2x said:

Yeah, they got one of the actors from Primer to replace the original actor. So no more Gravely voiced Cole.

EDIT: There was a big thread about it. I thought everyone knew already.

BeeDog

KZObsessed said:
Yessssss! I LOVED inFAMOUS! :D

Same here. Design issues aside, I'm glad the game's fully confirmed now, freaking loved the first game. :D Glad to hear it's a new city too.

jax (old)

Banned
horrible. He looks like he came right out of a pulpy actioner as opposed to the gritty reality of infamous1.

aaack!

and I loved infamous.

seady

Seeing that cover, i have a feeling that they will try to give the character a personality/persona and a story this time around. If they can do it well, I am all for it. But the artwork gives me a vibe that Cole would be a total dick like that first Prince of Persia game this gen.

JWong

Banned
Wow, everyone's going ballistic because he grew hair. Can't wait for more news so gaf can go insane.

ElyrionX

Who gives a fuck what the character looks like. Now all that they got to do is remove all the annoying-as-fuck "allies". Zeke and Trish are some of the worst and most annoying characters ever.

wouwie

Interesting. Seems they switched from the realistic dark gritty look into a more clean superhero comic-book style. I wonder how this will affect the visual presentation of the gameworld.

I loved the first Cole design though. Even his voice was great. I honestly don't understand the need to change it.

Anyhow, can't wait to hear and see more about the game. The cover made me even more curious now. I loved the first one and i have faith in Sucker Punch to deliver a great sequel.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hate the new look. And he looks like he can be easily photoshopped into other pictures. lol.

Top Bottom