• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Damn it Brad...

image0cucn.jpg

I was inspired to take a look at the Metal Gear wiki to look up some information on a Peace Walker character while watching some of the stream. That was a mistake. I got some significant MGS V spoilers after reading like 2 sentences. I didn't realize what I was reading until it was too late. I should have known better.

I was inspired to take a look at the Metal Gear wiki to look up some information on a Peace Walker character while watching some of the stream. That was a mistake. I got some significant MGS V spoilers after reading like 2 sentences. I didn't realize what I was reading until it was too late. I should have known better.

Yeah, the wiki's been chock full of spoilers for a while now. There was even a warning thread about it here.

That sucks. I accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread instead of review thread once but I didn't see any actual spoilers before realizing my mistake.

daydream

Banned
I still say they really should have done the more complex stages for MPP. It's part of why MPP2 was really fun (because of the bullshit and the laser and whatnot).

absolutely have to agree with this, the fact that they keep choosing the most basic maps makes no fucking sense

that's why mpp2 is king (that and the fact that jeff was secretly coming around on it)

Yeah I can't really say anything about that. I need to convince my friends to play some more Mario Party 5 to see what the other boards are like.

That sucks. I accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread instead of review thread once but I didn't see any actual spoilers before realizing my mistake.
I had some pretty late game VLR plot spoiled when I was looking up some info on 999 after beating it. Just right there at the top of the page. Can't trust nobody.

Zebetite

Banned
Yeah I can't really say anything about that. I need to convince my friends to play some more Mario Party 5 to see what the other boards are like.

set up a game with 4 AI players, all on the easiest-to-beat difficulty (you can do this by starting a one-player game and then dropping out on Turn 1 and replacing yourself with an AI via the pause menu) and watch them have at it

best done as a spectated drinking game with friends, with each of you rooting for a different character

you can convince them by telling them it's a good game, which it is.

set up a game with 4 AI players, all on the easiest-to-beat difficulty (you can do this by starting a one-player game and then dropping out on Turn 1 and replacing yourself with an AI via the pause menu) and watch them have at it

best done as a spectated drinking game with friends, with each of you rooting for a different character

you know what else is a good drinking game? playing mario party 5.

mp5 has by far the least amount of bullshit out of 4, 5, and 6 that i can remember.

Man, if Jeff thinks the old Mario Party games were shit, he'll go nuclear with 9 and 10. 10 especially is actually shit.

Actually, there are tough times ahead for them right in the next installment. Jeff and Brad will absolutely hate the Gamecube microphone minigames in 6 and 7, also that 8 uses motion controls for most minigames (and yes, mashing is replaced by waggling like crazy).

So yeah, if you thought they were unenthusiastic about the games until now, the next MPPs will all be salt mine city.

In the brief time I tried out Mario Party 9, I kinda liked it. It helped that the game is structured to be more condensed Mario Party experience compared to the older games.

EDIT: To be more specific, I think the fundamental problems with the early Mario Party games lies with how slow-paced and tedious they are. Just think amount of the time it takes for a turn to pass in the average game. How all 4 characters on the board have to do the exact same slow and meticulous motions of rolling a die, using items, walking through these huge ass boards, using the map to figure out where to go to get the star, and going all those random event spaces and cutscenes. Now imagine having to do that 15 to 50 times per game of Mario Party all while doing a minigame at the end of every turn.

Party games should fun but brief experiences.

popo

lol, went looking for MGS spoilers, the GAF thread is impenetrable, and the Washington Post straight up spoilers the whole Quiet thing in it's review. I was not ashamed of my words or deeds.

lol, went looking for MGS spoilers, the GAF thread is impenetrable, and the Washington Post straight up spoilers the whole Quiet thing in it's review. I was not ashamed of my words or deeds.

Yeah. I found out about why the sniper woman wears the bikini and now I just want to discuss it without dealing with that impenetrable spoiler thread. I have no intentions of playing the game for a long while.

I just bought MGSV and was about to play through Ground Zeroes for the first time when I saw that apparently people who pre-ordered the Steam controller got Portal 2 and Rocket League free. I've been meaning to check out Rocket League for a while, so this is pretty cool.

danm999

So I'm gonna be that guy.

Since Giant Bomb seems to have loosened its "no playing new games as features" rule does that mean...

Something with Persona 5?

Though the cross coast impediment.

Lijik

So I'm gonna be that guy.

Since Giant Bomb seems to have loosened its "no playing new games as features" rule does that mean...

Something with Persona 5?

Though the cross coast impediment.
If it happens at all Jeff probably wont be a part of it according to his tumblr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom