• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb 18: Everything is always a surprise on some level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentyn

OP is great. Nice job!

Looks like Dan is doing the Battlefront review. He said he is going to an EA review event tomorrow on the Fallout stream.

hey guys new thread!

fallout 4 is really fun. it's basically what I expected, which is fallout 3/NV but with actual fun gameplay.

Yeah, the gunplay is very very good.

I created Revolver Ocelot.

I will use only pistols on him.

If it wasn't for the VA I would be fully immersed.

It's great that I found a drifters outfit 10 minutes in, it's practically REVOLVER OCLEOTS coat.

kAmui-

Surprise new thread in the morning! That last one went by real fast. Title wouldn't have been my first choice but it probably is the right one.

BearPawB

Banned
Fallout 4 is so fun.
I've played only a few hours and ran into so many interesting locations and side quests.

There's been some jank, and some weird technical issues (pc). But nothing to impact the fun I've been having.

The weapon mod system is fantastic

IaN_GAF

Everything is Fallout themed at the moment, seems like a good time to finally start the Witcher 3.

I mean, I'm not saying I feel I need to play it before Game of the Year, but I should probably play it before Game of the Year, right?

AcridMeat

Banned
I've spent far too long in FO4 deleting/scrapping stuff and deciding what to build. I'll never finish the game.

Shooting does feel really good this time.

Everything is Fallout themed at the moment, seems like a good time to finally start the Witcher 3.

I mean, I'm not saying I feel I need to play it before Game of the Year, but I should probably play it before Game of the Year, right?

Witcher won't get mentioned so you are good.

Myggen

The larger sub-reddits get a lot of shit (and deservedly so), but the general discourse in that thread is a lot better than I expected.

/r/games is generally very friendly to Giant Bomb too. Quick Looks are posted there regularly (and are recieved better there than in the comment section on the site itself), and GB reviews a few days after embargo often get their own post which other game sites rarely do. There's parts of Reddit that's extremely anti GB now, but that's mostly the gamergate hangouts.

repeater

Happy to post in one of the few non-Fallout 4 threads!
Welcome to the Xenoblade Chronicles X Hype Thread, you are safe here!
rlyTBv0.gif

Why name the thread after the most awkward and cringeworthy exchange ever? WHY?
It'll be weekend soon enough, we're gonna need it.

hamchan

I'm really liking Fallout 4 too. Jeff is right that it's essentially just Fallout 3 but a bit nicer but it's been like 4 years since I've played a Fallout game so it's still fun right now.

REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT, REDUCED FAT.

There, I'm happy now about the title not being Reduced Fat. Hello, new thread!

Nero18

I didn't play as much Fallout 3 or NV as i probably should have but somehow the notion of Fallout 4 just being more of that seems totally off-putting.

I didn't play as much Fallout 3 or NV as i probably should have but somehow the notion of Fallout 4 just being more of that seems totally off-putting.

it is 100% "more Fallout," and I wouldn't recommend anybody with series fatigue pick up the game. but if you want more Fallout, it seems like a pretty good version of that, from what I've played.

Someone should add a bunch of jump cuts to Jeff Mixlr - maybe edit it down to 2 mins. That way it can appeal to the kid demographic.

I'm enjoying Fallout 4 but I'm not a fan of the voiced player character. They give you all these tools to build a character and then your stuck with this very subdued voice for everything and the summary dialog choices are so short, a lot of the time the character ends up saying things you don't intend to. I guess it allows them to handle the conversations in a more natural way but I'd rather have the old system back.

repeater

Having missed Vinny's EL stream at the time, the worst thing about this situation is that I missed those 2 hours where he streamed in Brad, coast-to-coast, for the premiere of "Breaking Brad: Dark Forces". :(

danm999

Having missed Vinny's EL stream at the time, the worst thing about this situation is that I missed those 2 hours where he streamed in Brad, coast-to-coast, for the premiere of "Breaking Brad: Dark Forces". :(

No way, the worst is that we lost his and Austin's breakdown of how they're going to approach their Persona 5 Endurance Run next year.

This popped up on my Youtube subscription feed for a second, but it is now gone...

MIA4P0t.png

I guess Youtube service must be doing something.with the archive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom