• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb @ E3 2015 | L.A. on Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

So what the hell is Firewatch? It was pretty frustrating that they wouldn't answer it when Jeff was grilling them about it. Makes me way less interested in whatever it is.

So what the hell is Firewatch? It was pretty frustrating that they wouldn't answer it when Jeff was grilling them about it. Makes me way less interested in whatever it is.

Gone Home in the woods, so I hope you like audiologs and shitty puzzles that reference the fact you're in a videogame! I bet there's at least one safe that opens with 0451.

They joked a bunch, but at one point they described it as a first person adventure game - Story is there is mysterious stuff going on and you have some sort of relationship with your boss.

6T0ru0el.png

LiK

They joked a bunch, but at one point they described it as a first person adventure game - Story is there is mysterious stuff going on and you have some sort of relationship with your boss.

I got some of that from it but boy was it a bad pitch. It's E3 and I still have very little interest in it because they want to be coy about the details. I'll wait for reviews and hope it's good.

I got some of that from it but boy was it a bad pitch. It's E3 and I still have very little interest in it because they want to be coy about the details. I'll wait for reviews and hope it's good.

I think they were more not understanding Jeff's tone than they were actually being coy. They seemed to be stuck between wanting to answer and not knowing if Jeff actually wanted them to answer. Then the whole segmant went the loose funny route and it was all left behind.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Hopefully it indicates they know they have something people will like, and that it will generate its own buzz on release. With so little to go on right now though, it's hard to get excited about it.

Agreed they didn't do a terrific job of pitching it, I guess they don't want to describe too much of the story? Either way they could try and get more of the 'vibe' across. Not sure how heavy the spooky mystery elements vs the relationship stuff vs humor vs puzzles vs exploration is going to be weighted. It does seem like a lot is going on, I just hope they've found a way to make it work together.

Hopefully it indicates they know they have something people will like, and that it will generate its own buzz on release. With so little to go on right now though, it's hard to get excited about it.

Art from Olly Moss and directed/written by the guys behind the first season of The Walking Dead is more than enough for me to get excited about it.

Kurdel

Banned
Did they ask Boyes about Drive Club at any point? lol

Jeff did ask when does the platform holder stand up and say "stop shipping broken games", but the line of questioning ended in "making games is hard" and "Sony made it a priority on an exec level to ensure this doesn't happen by talking to devs." It was a total non answer.

Myggen

Jeff did ask when does the platform holder stand up and say "stop shipping broken games", but the line of questioning ended in "making games is hard" and "Sony made it a priority on an exec level to ensure this doesn't happen by talking to devs." It was a total non answer.

Also, Boyes probably has nothing to do with Driveclub.

Fox318

I love that Drake tried to shoot down Jeff Green's point about how VR really is just like motion controls and Kinect with that he used to make a living off of kinect.

Yeah John you USED to. Then like all these other things you got your ass fired and your company had to go to kickstarter to beg for cash then they laid off half of the company.

Why did they think they could have a real conversation about VR for somebody who is a snake oil salesman in the game industry?

I can't wait to see what Drake has to talk about the next big thing in 3 years when he gets fired again when the VR gaming bubble burts. Maybe he's gonna try to sell us on how smell-o-vision cards are gonna be the next big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom