• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 05/02/17 - Feat. The New Old Hire

Renpatsu

I wasn't sure based hastily on the Gnog QL, but I think it's clear that from his gaming choices Ben will come to complement the relative age and tastes of the rest of the crew on the West coast.

ghostjoke

Banned
From "introduce yourself" to X-Pac's meth charges in a minute. Strong start for Ben.

edit: To find someone who looks at me like Brad looks at Ben when he brings up DOTA.

valeo

Half way through the Bombcast.

First impression: Ben's voice is kinda annoying.
Feelings now: Ben is the bomb.

Oh did I miss these Bombcast threads. Good to have it back.

Ben's had a rough time post-internship, between the open-heart surgery and home fire. Jesus.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's a thread again? lol

I find it hard to get excited for new game journalism people now, because I know that a year from now they'll either have their own patreon supported youtube channel or they'll be working in community engagement or whatever the new term for community manager is called nowadays.

gbp5_jeffzvu1x.png
[

Yes.

Jennipeg

... I'm not sure I want to play Persona 5 anymore, it was going to be my next game but listening to them talk about it has really put me off. Essentially I was Brad in that conversation. I'll wait for a sale I think.

yikes at jason's "special education" joke

Ben is pretty great though, I think he's going to fit well with this group. The fire story (who is Tom???) is wild.

Trojan

Ben is legit so far, seems like a great addition. Excited for the new Beastcast addition this week too, I think that will really fill out that crew well given the current personalities. Hope Backalar stays with the 'cast and they roll deep with 5 people most of the time.

... I'm not sure I want to play Persona 5 anymore, it was going to be my next game but listing to them talk about it has really put me off. Essentially I was Brad in that conversation. I'll wait for a sale I think.
Instant death stuff can be pretty easily avoided by using Personas that resist or are immune to Bless and Curse skills, there are a lot of save rooms to also avoid progress loss. The one instance where Ben mentioned that he failed to finish the dungeon on time, the game will roll you back a week in game time. The social status stuff (Charm, guts, etc) while annoying have plenty of methods to raise (reading books, eating out, playing video games, crafting tools, going to the bathhouse, etc) some of which are gained just by hanging out with people.

The example Ben used for the guy he needed guts for, well that guy gives you proficiency when you hang out with him which would aid him in hanging out with the other person he wanted to hang out with that requires the proficiency stat check. And if you can't do it all, there's always new game plus like he mentioned.

If you are really worried about what to do on any given day which Brad seems to be, pressing the touch pad on the dualshock will tell you what the majority of people did in their playthroughs, which may help you decide on how to spend your day

jediyoshi

... I'm not sure I want to play Persona 5 anymore, it was going to be my next game but listing to them talk about it has really put me off. Essentially I was Brad in that conversation. I'll wait for a sale I think.

There's a giant lack of context as far as the completionist angle is concerned. If you're not also the type to worry about completely filling out a Pokedex in Pokemon games, I wouldn't worry about it. The root of it stems from there being so much to do otherwise, not the other direction of a gate locking you out with nothing else to do as a result.

Fliesen

Gotta love that Ben reveal the first few seconds into the video podcast.

giphy.gif

edit: Amazing OP btw. I mean, nothing beats the all time GOAT, though. But what could?...
gbrubradcgjq0.png

Fantastic OP, really well done.

Ben did a great job on his first Bombcast. I wasn't too excited about his first Quick Look, but this could have been very well because of the game. Also, I'm optimistic he'll grow into it.

Volcynika

Gotta love that Ben reveal the first few seconds into the video podcast.

I laughed when I saw him hidden like that.

Ben is legit so far, seems like a great addition. Excited for the new Beastcast addition this week too, I think that will really fill out that crew well given the current personalities. Hope Backalar stays with the 'cast and they roll deep with 5 people most of the time.

I think she doesn't start until next week, though?

faridmon

Halfway through the Bombcast and man Ben is great, Brings alot of Energy and is actually funny. Have a great chemistry with all of them and especially Jason with his Fighting Games lingo and his taste in Anime games

Great Bombcast so far

He damn well better do, he is an essential piece of the cast!

Jennipeg

Instant death stuff can be pretty easily avoided by using Personas that resist or are immune to Bless and Curse skills, there are a lot of save rooms to also avoid progress loss. The one instance where Ben mentioned that he failed to finish the dungeon on time, the game will roll you back a week in game time. The social status stuff (Charm, guts, etc) while annoying have plenty of methods to raise (reading books, eating out, playing video games, crafting tools, going to the bathhouse, etc) some of which are gained just by hanging out with people.

The example Ben used for the guy he needed guts for, well that guy gives you proficiency when you hang out with him which would aid him in hanging out with the other person he wanted to hang out with that requires the proficiency stat check. And if you can't do it all, there's always new game plus like he mentioned.

If you are really worried about what to do on any given day which Brad seems to be, pressing the touch pad on the dualshock will tell you what the majority of people did in their playthroughs, which may help you decide on how to spend your day

I've never played Persona before, so this all sounds a bit stressful to me lol. I will give it a try, if I make a mess of my first play through, its not the end of the world. Thanks for the tips.

I've never played Persona before, so this all sounds a bit stressful to me lol. I will give it a try, if I make a mess of my first play through, its not the end of the world. Thanks for the tips.
The game gives you the best advice during load screens

NjDBGwz.gif

I know it sound like a lot to take in but you'll get acclimated to this stuff pretty quickly since they introduce this stuff over the course of the in game year. And if the game is proving to be too challenging, you can drop the difficulty without repercussion, or raise it back up if you think it's getting too easy.

LQX

It seems whenever the Giant Bombcast features guests on the podcasts it goes off rails every few seconds rather than every few minutes when they have no guests. And it is almost never as enjoyable. I really do not want to hear attempts at humor every few seconds.

Is Ben permanent on the podcast?

Kusagari

I was kind of worried about Ben after hearing he loved DOTA but the guy plays Persona, Guilty Gear AND Phoenix Wright?

Keeper.

Top Bottom