• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 09/20/16 - Episode 448

LiK

Maybe I missed it, because by the end of the year the discussion around that game in every circle I saw was almost entirely about the shift in the plot's focus and the characterization and how well they handled the racism angle.

yea, i do remember those critiques as well. not as much in GAF spoiler OTat the time but i do remember many game sites and podcasts complaining about it.

He's gonna miss SF so much.

i think Dan will find plenty of weirdos in NY too especially on public transportation.

BTA

Maybe I missed it, because by the end of the year the discussion around that game in every circle I saw was almost entirely about the shift in the plot's focus and the characterization and how well they handled the racism angle.

Yeah, if anything besides racism I'd point at the plot's focus, characterization, and really the moment to moment writing in general before the illusion of choice or looking for distinct plot holes. I distinctly remember there being a moment where Elizabeth freaked out the second time Booker told her something after being fine with it the first time; it was that kind of thing that was bothering me the most up until the two sides bullshit happened.

Glad Jeff appreciates Rez the way he does, it's one of my favourite games.
I do wish they'd confirm either way if Infinite was coming to other VR platforms.

kiguel182

As someone who really liked Infinite the way the revolution subplot went is my knock against the game. The opressed becoming as violent as the oppressors is a sketchy idea to begin with but it was handled reallly clumsily and if felt flat and slitghly insulting.

The alternate universe thing really hooked me on the game and I never had that much to complain about the combat.

Trojan

For those saying they prefer Jeff hosting, keep in mind that when Jeff was hosting full time it wasn't always like this. It's probably a breathe of fresh air for him, hence the energy, when he hosted full time the show was a lot less structured and Jeff wasn't always energetic.

I loved this episode overall, nice to switch host every so often, but I think Shoemaker does an awesome job hosting.

EDIT: Also, there were 3-4 new games that Jeff LOVED that he talked about on the podcast. Can't remember the last time he was so positive on video games lmao. He must be losing his edge.

Chuck

Still without luck
I wish they would have rotating hosts to the podcast. Drew hosting, Jason hosting, future new person hosting.

There is probably some half excuse to Shu tossing No Man Sky under the bus like that. Like since its kind of a 3rd party thing maybe the deal went through 3rd party relations and not 1th which he is in charge of so he might not have looked over it like he would a proper SCE published game so he thought it wasnt something he had to worry about.

Still icky as fuck though. That Dave Lang speech about Batman and how sometimes, even though you know you are in the right and your partner is in the wrong, you got to grit your teeth and let it be fir the sake of professionalism and relationships immediately springs to mind.

I don't clearly remember last week's discussion of Fallout mods, but did GB so strongly condemn Bethesda when they threw Sony under the bus?

Really enjoyable episode this week. Jeff being host would alleviate almost all of the issues I have with the current iteration of the Bombcast.

Dan and him actually have a very good rapport and that hardly ever comes through normally on the show.

Edit: lol, I should probably browse the thread before posting as this is hardly a unique sentiment which is nice to see.

For those saying they prefer Jeff hosting, keep in mind that when Jeff was hosting full time it wasn't always like this. It's probably a breathe of fresh air for him, hence the energy, when he hosted full time the show was a lot less structured and Jeff wasn't always energetic.

I loved this episode overall, nice to switch host every so often, but I think Shoemaker does an awesome job hosting.

EDIT: Also, there were 3-4 new games that Jeff LOVED that he talked about on the podcast. Can't remember the last time he was so positive on video games lmao. He must be losing his edge.

he finally realised that it's the best time to be playing video games

Yeah Jeff run Bombcasts weren't like this when it was the constant thing.

I think he even said it was hard for him to arrange the Bombcast weekly when he has a ton of stuff he has to be since he is the boss. He has a pretty full plate as it is I would assume.

I don't clearly remember last week's discussion of Fallout mods, but did GB so strongly condemn Bethesda when they threw Sony under the bus?
Nope, they did not, an interesting point.

This is seen as less professional, likely given how personal it is, it being from a direct interview with Shu, who mentions Sean by name.
I'd say there's leeway given by how the Bethesda - Sony issue only has a negative effect for the common man too.

Top Bottom