• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Beta Discussion Thread

E-flux

Does anybody know what the level up rewards are? I'm fairly sure that you get 300 gems at level 2, do you get more gems at certain levels?

The game seems okay, rough but if they keep at it it could be a lot of fun, Menus and the UI both need a lot of work they look super cheap at the moment.

roytheone

So, ehm, how do I actually activate my beta code? Went to the site, used my code, linked it to my Microsoft account, selected windows 10, but then when I have to activate another code on a Windows site, It keeps saying I need to be logged in, even though I am clearly logged in already.

So, ehm, how do I actually activate my beta code? Went to the site, used my code, linked it to my Microsoft account, selected windows 10, but then when I have to activate another code on a Windows site, It keeps saying I need to be logged in, even though I am clearly logged in already.

Be sure to have your Microsoft account coupled to an Xbox account as well. If you do not have it linked, go to www.xbox.com and log in with your microsoft account. It should create a Xbox profile for you and you should be able to continue after that.

Mifec

I'll try this once I figure out why my old gamertag that used the same email as my live account isn't on this account.
Be sure to have your Microsoft account coupled to an Xbox account as well. If you do not have it linked, go to www.xbox.com and log in with your microsoft account. It should create a Xbox profile for you and you should be able to continue after that.

that Renzo avatar T_T

E-flux

that Renzo avatar T_T

Dawngate showed so much promise, shame that it got shut down. It was my go to game when we didn't feel like playing Dota. I don't know if it's the art style or what but i kinda get Dawngate vibes from gigantic.

Does anybody know what the level up rewards are? I'm fairly sure that you get 300 gems at level 2, do you get more gems at certain levels?

The game seems okay, rough but if they keep at it it could be a lot of fun, Menus and the UI both need a lot of work they look super cheap at the moment.

Im not sure what the exact rewards are but im level 10 with roughly 650 gems and ive spent maymbe 50-100 gems on draw cards. So far i think i have like 115 of that purple currency which i dont think has been implemented into anything yet in the playable beta. Still unsure if gems or the purple shit is the pay for currency.

wapplew

As a newbie, I'm not dare to summon monster yet, don't know which type is best for different location.
Learning curve is not doing well for me as Moba veteran.

The NDA for this game is finally over? Sheesh, I thought it was never coming to an end.

Anyway, I finally got a proper invite a few days ago, I've only played this on Xbox One via a key I got here on GAF, so it'll be nice to finally play it on PC. The only thing I need to do is upgrade to Windows 10.

I don't know if I'll play this too often in the near future, since a bunch of fighting games are going to be keeping my attention, but this game is definitely fun. I like it a lot better than Smite, which is the other 3rd person moba-esque game.

As a newbie, I'm not dare to summon monster yet, don't know which type is best for different location.
Learning curve is not doing well for me as Moba veteran.

Some general tips are that you want your Bloomer (the healing creature) at your furthest point from your Titan. The closest to your Titan you want either a Cerberus or Drake since these are hard to take down and the cerberus provides vision for enemies trying to sneak into your base. Then there usually is a path on the map where you don't defend as often and there it's common practice to place a Cyclops. These creatures provide walls where enemies aren't able to walk through, so they have to go around and meet your team to get in your base. Hope this helps a little

Some general tips are that you want your Bloomer (the healing creature) at your furthest point from your Titan. The closest to your Titan you want either a Cerberus or Drake since these are hard to take down and the cerberus provides vision for enemies trying to sneak into your base. Then there usually is a path on the map where you don't defend as often and there it's common practice to place a Cyclops. These creatures provide walls where enemies aren't able to walk through, so they have to go around and meet your team to get in your base. Hope this helps a little

Yeah I would add that I like to place Cyclops at the mid points in the map, as it forces the other team to the other side of the map.

Has anyone gotten the Stone Cerberus? It's 3 focus cost compared to 1 for Cerberus Majoris. It doesn't seem that much better based on its stats listed.

E-flux

Wow, trying to your friends is a hassle. Who in their right mind thought that having to use a second app to join friends was a good thing? I really hope that it is just a temporary system, it took way too long for me and my friend to figure out how to join each other.

Taking a second to really understand vadasi but in time I feel like I could get used to her, she is a great character that can help out a lot while doing a pretty decent amount of damage. Still xenobia and Beckett are my two go to characters.

Got a quadra with Knossos. On the steps between River and Forest on Sanctum Falls: charge up at the whole enemy team on the lawn above, ult 4 of them, activate speed + health buff, charge and kill one, hack another down, spin and spear-slow the third and fourth, nom them up, and then charge at their full HP Knossos and whale him down to under 50% before he kills me.

THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAAA.

roytheone

I managed to redeem the code by using firefox, it worked there but not on Chrome for some weird reason. Microsoft still has a lot of work to do on this whole windows store business before the big exclusives start to drop on it, because it is kinda a mess right now.

Mifec

Dawngate showed so much promise, shame that it got shut down. It was my go to game when we didn't feel like playing Dota. I don't know if it's the art style or what but i kinda get Dawngate vibes from gigantic.

When they announced it would shut down I was so salty I instantly stopped playing and just went to dota full time. Didn't even play the remaining months.

This is pretty fun even though I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet lol

For everybody who feels this way:

Every match - the 5 golden rules

Rule 1: Get at least one middle tower, ideally a healer, this way the battle takes place in the center and not in your zone If you are ever unsure what to build, build nothing, believe it or not, nothing is better then the wrong things

Rule 2: 2nd tower from the middle should also be a healer (healing towers are required on your front lines so you reduce the distance you have to run from battle to heals)

Rule 3: Back towers can be detectors or wall creators (better at defending but worse when leaning on, thats why you put them in the back and the healers in the front, plus detectors in the back tell you when somebody is in your base)

Rule 4: NEVER upgrade a tower that is currently receiving heavy attention, always try to upgrade with teammates helping and always upgrade your back towers and work your way towards the middle while upgrading (remember, losing a level 1 tower sucks, losing a level 2 is devastating)

Rule 5 (potentially the most important): Do not feed your enemy. Always shoot to kill or assist in atleast multiple kills before allowing yourself to die. Its always worth it to run back to the nearest healing tower. (Green H towers on minimap)

Basic match mechanics (the shit the tutorial neglected to teach you)

1. Once you have at least one middle tower and all your back towers (in a competitive match) you and your opposing team will have the same amount of towers in total. As a result you will both be accumulating energy at the same rate.

2. There are several ways to charge energy, towers naturally gather orange orbs that spawn periodically on top of them, which is why it is important to always have all the towers up in your region. Alternatively heros can kill enemy heros or enemy towers to generate energy as well. This is why not dying is important. Each time you die your death results in more energy for the enemies guardian.

3. At the top of the screen above the guardians health is an orange bar displaying how much energy each guardian has accumulated, once it is full the guardian begins his attack. At this point the team being attacked has an extremely limited amount of time to accumulated enough energy in order to prevent the attack, ultimately most full charges result in minor guardian attacks.

4.Each guardian has 3 health bars, the attacking guardian will deal minor damage and heros have the choice to deal additional damage when enemy guardians are vulnerable. Ultimately a guardian can only be damaged for 1/3rd of their total health per charge (i.e. 1 full health bar) One must weigh the risk/reward, remember dying results in the enemy gaining more energy for the counter attack.

5.Obviously the objective is kill the enemy guardian, but remember this is at its heart a moba, and mobas are about managing lanes. Consider Gigantic, one Gigantic lane. You want to be pushing your towers forward keeping healing towers on the offensive boarders. By doing so you accumulate energy and drive back the opponent.

6. Remember tower management is important, everytime they kill one of your towers they gain energy to attack. So if you have the majority of towers and are choking them in the middle, you have no reason to push forward any further.

7. FOCUS: focus is gained throughout the match through various way (assists, kills, summons). It allows you to use your ultimate skill (on xbox - rightstick + leftstick in) and can also be used to upgrade towers. Some towers require 2-3 focus forcing you to hold off on your super in order to maintain defenses in your region.

8.Why its important to upgrade towers: Upgraded towers gain energy faster and more efficiently, also they are stronger and can be leaned on more effectively. This is necessary especially for clash where towers can no longer be remade.

Basically the rest is gravy....Kill without dying, pretty simple. Also dont be afraid to play support to learn the flow of the game.

Good guide: I think many matches I have played have seen the kills being sought over the towers, or people charging into enemy territory a bit too much.

I'd like to add to add that It's usually a bad idea to summon creatures on the enemy side of the map. Creatures summon a lot slower on the enemy side and when they are being summoned they are incredibly vulnerable. If the enemy kills the creature, your team will have one less creature to spawn, it will give xp for the kill to the enemy and it will give the enemy quite a bit of power as well. It's more valuable to not spawn something where you just killed an enemy creature, let the enemy spawn another creature at that point and killing that again.

I'd like to add to add that It's usually a bad idea to summon creatures on the enemy side of the map. Creatures summon a lot slower on the enemy side and when they are being summoned they are incredibly vulnerable. If the enemy kills the creature, your team will have one less creature to spawn, it will give xp for the kill to the enemy and it will give the enemy quite a bit of power as well. It's more valuable to not spawn something where you just killed an enemy creature, let the enemy spawn another creature at that point and killing that again.
It's a gamble for sure but if you are pressing the advantage you should go for another tower because if you can get a bloomer spawn in a enemy territory point it's a way to continue to keep on the offensive. It works best on sanctum falls and not so much ghost reef.

derFeef

I played two matches and it'S quite fun I have to say. I played the character with the orbs, no idea how she is called :D Healing and support is fun.

Think I had the fastest game ever of gigantic, was about 7:36 and just destroyed them, feel bad because we were going for complete control and took all points from them. Guess it was a mix of a really good team and them maybe being new or all solo. Though surprised I did so well because I messed up the skill tree for griselema but powered through it.
Also figured out vadasi for healing at least, didn't know you hold rb to summon all orbs. Should probably read into a character when trying to play them.

Additionally for xbox one users, game sharing works with no additional key required.

Does it? I've tried downloading on Win 10 but no dice. How do?

Edit: also, does anyone else have a strange limitation on their Game DVR with Gigantic? I've recorded lots of clips whilst playing on Xbox, and yet they won't auto-upload, and I can't edit or save them. This is annoying, as I want to show the game off to my friends (and my mad skillz).

Does it? I've tried downloading on Win 10 but no dice. How do?

Edit: also, does anyone else have a strange limitation on their Game DVR with Gigantic? I've recorded lots of clips whilst playing on Xbox, and yet they won't auto-upload, and I can't edit or save them. This is annoying, as I want to show the game off to my friends (and my mad skillz).

Yeah, devs can prevent their game from sharing screenshots or videos for the purpose of tests under NDA. Hopefully Motiga removes that restriction now that it's out of NDA, maybe they will just do it with the next build.

So apparently Microsoft seems to be doing stuff for gigantic or something because for preview members get acces to a beta code and apparently some event is happening for 10 am to 2 pm pacific time Saturday and Sunday. New content suppose to be in it. Also on the preview dashboard a couple surveys about gigantic.
Hoping the new build of the game is here to stay and not just for those two days. If the new character is who I think it is I think I'll be playing as a certain fuffly snow guy.
But I really want skins to be in the game because some of those skins they showed off are really good looking.

Seems to have been an influx of new players as had some incredibly one sided stompings.

Margrave vs people who don't know how to deal = kills galore!

Korosenai

Is there a way to skip the tutorial? I already did it when i played a couple weeks ago and now its making me do it again...

Is there a way to skip the tutorial? I already did it when i played a couple weeks ago and now its making me do it again...

I believe if you just close the game and then restart, it'll register in the progression that you've played the tutorial and allow you to just jump in a game.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Seems to have been an influx of new players as had some incredibly one sided stompings.

Margrave vs people who don't know how to deal = kills galore!

yeah, the wait time for games seems to have become shorter for me.

Really enjoying this game, hope there financial situation improves.

Gurrry

Got a key today and played it on xb1 for the first time. This is actually pretty good!

However, I still dont really understand the "game" of it. I went through the tutorial but it really didnt make much sense to me. Ive mainly just been focusing on killing enemy heroes.

Cynn

Anyone else have an error where it won't load any characters on the tutorial? I've not been able to get past this.

Got a key today and played it on xb1 for the first time. This is actually pretty good!

However, I still dont really understand the "game" of it. I went through the tutorial but it really didnt make much sense to me. Ive mainly just been focusing on killing enemy heroes.

I'd recommend reading this post. The Tutorial doesn't do a great job of explaining how the game works.

Top Bottom