• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl Fight |OT| More boobs, less fighting!

Cheddahz

Banned
Do not take this OT seriously, I created it as a joke
girl_fight.jpg

Overview:
Each of Girl Fight's characters can tap into customizable "psi-amp abilities" which give them access to various powers such as becoming invisible, regenerating health with each successful hit landed, or dealing bonus damage.

There is an in-game currency called "Combits" which accrues every time a player executes a move properly. Combits can be used at the in-game store to purchase extra abilities, unlock cast members' stories, alternative costumes, or bonus artwork.

The online "Wager System" will give players random challenges before a match; players who fulfill these challenges will be rewarded with Combits, even if they lose the overall match.

Story:
A scientific organization collects female subjects across the world with powerful psionic abilities. The women are plugged into a virtual world where they must fight to survive and return to the real world.

How to buy the best fighting game ever:
Girl Fight - XBLA
Girl Fight - PSN

Reviews:
Giantbomb Quicklook

This game has some surprising depth in how Psi-Powers, Stuns & Strings actually work. It fully functions as a fighter and that's all you really ask for.

Almost everything about this game feels like it was ripped straight out of 1997.

I can't decided whether I think that's a bad thing or not.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Looks dreadful.

There's virtually no impact from attacks. From the attacker's perspective, it's okay - the screenshake isn't bad, and the moves look like they should hurt. But the character getting hit, it seems she is made of steel! A few punches to the face, and the victim merely looks up.

this makes it hard to differentiate a blocked hit from a normal or counter hit, and probably is easy to fix.

also, 90 second timer?

Silky

Banned
...It honestly doesn't look too bad. I might check out the demo.

Kung Fu Factory....what did they make, now?

Eh.........it's not as bad as people are making it out to be I think. I mean for $10, what are people expecting? Tekken Tag 2, Super Street Fighter 4 or DOA5: Ultimate? Oh yeah, it gots issues, but it is definitely an improvement over Spartacus imo. From what I've played of the demo, it doesn't seem too bad. I'm glad these guys at least tried to make a fighting game which is tough. Reminds me of Kakuto Chojin meets Kensai: Sacred Fist or something. Even the hit impact sounds like Kakuto Chojin lol.

Gintoki

Eh.........it's not as bad as people are making it out to be I think. I mean for $10, what are people expecting? Tekken Tag 2, Super Street Fighter 4 or DOA5: Ultimate? Oh yeah, it gots issues, but it is definitely an improvement over Spartacus imo. From what I've played of the demo, it doesn't seem too bad. Reminds me of Kakuto Chojin meets Kensai: Sacred Fist or something. Even the hit impact sounds like Kakuto Chojin lol.

$15 can get you Skullgirls.

$15 can get you Skullgirls.

Oh yeah, I know. This game is definitely no Skullgirls, but I was just saying I think some people are over-exaggerating a bit. Then again, I am enjoying Venetica now, so maybe my taste is kind of eccentric or I go in with very low expectations for certain titles lol.

Cheddahz

Banned
Eh.........it's not as bad as people are making it out to be I think. I mean for $10, what are people expecting? Tekken Tag 2, Super Street Fighter 4 or DOA5: Ultimate? Oh yeah, it gots issues, but it is definitely an improvement over Spartacus imo. From what I've played of the demo, it doesn't seem too bad. I'm glad these guys at least tried to make a fighting game which is tough. Reminds me of Kakuto Chojin meets Kensai: Sacred Fist or something. Even the hit impact sounds like Kakuto Chojin lol.

It doesn't look too bad. It is just....there

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I shouldn't like this game. I've played almost every fighter that's come out recently and I am... somewhat amused by the demo.

Hey, this guy made a combo video. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=795p5kKqseg

And while cool is that he/she is leaving a lot of potential damage on the table by not utilizing Psi-Amps in the combos presented.

Psi-Amps is where the game becomes deep because of how much of the metagame relies on their use from both a player & character standpoint on both sides.

Luckily, I help with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx37gr3KWHg

I got a chance to really look at the Psi-Amps and their potential in all facets of the fight. I hope it helps somebody. And I had fun doing it too.

Pimpbaa

Not much boob jiggle. From purely a perverts point of view, DOA5U has more girls, better looking girls, tons of costumes, much better boob jiggle, and the water/sweat effect.

Cheddahz said:
More boobs, duh

DOA5U has more girls, thus more boobs.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
take the plunge and let us know. It's just $10

You drive a hard bargain. The game is as shallow as the demo lets on, and no one is playing on xbox live. The arcade mode is pretty laughable, and you have to unlock the ability to play through each character's story.

The gameplay feels like it's trying to be doa 5 without a real comprehensive move list. There is a counter system but I have yet to figure it out. You cannot do any wake up attack, the only option you have is block. It does have this thing called psi amps, effects you can activate provided you have enough bar saved up. These range from attack/defense buffs to health regeneration.

The announcer says everything you do, THERE IS NO WAY TO TURN HER OFF. And the frame rate tends to drop.

The reward for beating arcade mode.... NO WORDS. Should have expected no less from the game's title I guess. There are unlockables with credits you earn from the game, though, nothing special.

I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this game, and it's not TERRIBLE, it's just really, really mediocre.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can't say I will get this, but more indies taking a stab at fighting games is always a good thing.

synce

I don't get how people can hate on this game when it's just $10. I've played much worse for $60. For an indie, this is great. I hope to see a fleshed out a sequel

Right now I'm loving Wrench... She's like a mix of DOA's Mila and Tekken's Julia. Viper's cool too, although she should probably get that open wound checked out.

Anyone have any thoughts on where the characters stand, tier-wise? Chrome seems very good

Auskeek

So I just downloaded the demo on PSN and uhhh... well, these guys aren't getting my money any time soon.

Looks like a Dreamcast game and animates like N64 game :\

Top Bottom