• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give "Buddy Simulator" a try ... don't google for reviews, just buy it.

Nickolaidas

It's cheap, it's retro 8-bit style and it can be pretty creepy. It's a different kind of horror, more psychological and can hit quite a few notes if you have difficulty trusting people, commitment issues and generally not sure whether you like not having friends in your life, or simply pretending that you like not having any.

Quite original. Haven't finished it yet but it seems really promising.

Buddy Simulator 1984 | Official Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

Nice try Not a Sailor Studios.

giphy.gif

Actually seems pretty cool. Will put on the crazy long back-log list. From the brief snippets I've read,
Eternal Darkness style messing
with you sounds fun.

JSoup

Banned
I remember the demo for this. Looked pretty good, creepy atmosphere text adventure game that suddenly breaks out into Apple II graphics.

Ignore reviews. Make up your own mind! AFTER you've already paid them full price.

This advice is given out a lot on here lately and I think it's dumb.

Nickolaidas

This game does something I've never experienced before in horror games.

Horror games usually go like this:

Spooky atmosphere, weird enemies, claustophobia, eerie soundtrack, things you see in your nightmares and generally the game trying its darnest to make you feel scared.

This game ... is trying its best to convince you it's NOT a horror game. It's like visiting the apartment of an old friend of yours who has become a drug addict or something, and tries to cover up the sheets, the coke dust from the table, blame his runny nose to allergies and stuff. Trying to deceive you into thinking everything's fine ... when it's not.

The game can be a bit tiresome at its repetitive attempt of 'deceiving' you, but when it works ... it works.

Many, many cool things for people who like a game breaking the 4th wall.

Nickolaidas

So, it's been a while since this game came out ... anyone gave it a try?

The latter part of the game can be a bit boring with the 'friendship' speeches, but the finale is awesome. It has multiple endings, too!

Outlier

Just played until the game really gets started.

Taking a break cause it's bed time.

Yeah... the game has the creeping effect, going on.

If you like that sort of thing, then give it a try. Can't wait to get back to it.

Nickolaidas

Just played until the game really gets started.

Taking a break cause it's bed time.

Yeah... the game has the creeping effect, going on.

If you like that sort of thing, then give it a try. Can't wait to get back to it.
Don't read any spoilers from Youtube of Steam. Go in blind, and I promise you the ending will be worth it.

Outlier

Ok so I understand to low interest in the game... First impressions are a bit deceiving.

BUT, the game is definitely an escalation creep, of sorts and I'm liking it.

Just reached "chatper 3"? (not sure) and THINK I see what they kind of story they are trying to tell.

I know the game is easy to spoil, so I'll just say:

If you're interested an *older* style small scale RPG that tells a unique story about "FRIENDSHIP", then don't sleep on this!

The price is worth it, to me. :)

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Ok so I understand to low interest in the game... First impressions are a bit deceiving.

BUT, the game is definitely an escalation creep, of sorts and I'm liking it.

Just reached "chatper 3"? (not sure) and THINK I see what they kind of story they are trying to tell.

I know the game is easy to spoil, so I'll just say:

If you're interested an *older* style small scale RPG that tells a unique story about "FRIENDSHIP", then don't sleep on this!

The price is worth it, to me. :)
Yeah, people are shitting on this game due to the 8 bit graphics.

The normal ending had me mindblown.

The good ending had me in tears.

Bad ending is ... ok, for what it is, the most 'horror' ending you can get.

There is also a fourth secret ending which is true meta-thinking and makes think about eternity, death and repetition.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nah. I'll try it out if it ever comes to Gamepass. I'm pretty much done with buying single games.

Top Bottom